Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your weirdest special interest?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Since I was a 14 and even now as an adult, I have had a special interest in sirens. Specifically ones made during wars. I hate loud sounds but for some reason, I love the sound of sirens. I also love EAS alarms! I tend to watch a lot of real and fake EAS broadcasts. I need to take regular breaks from these interests though as it can cause me to get very paranoid, so I don't know as much as I'd like to.

I also had a special interest in the 90's! I loved everything from the 90's and was jealous of people who were born in that decade. I would spend hours looking up events, people, toys, series, literally everything that happened in the 90's. I would always ask my parents about what the 90's was like. Same goes for the 20's-50's. I would practice everyday trying to get that Mid Atlantic Accent. Aaaa I'm cringing so hard thinking back. XP

People would always make fun of my for having "weird" interests but then they would become popular and all of a sudden it was cool. Like for the 90's one, I was always told that it was weird to be obsessed with a specific decade but then Vaporwave became popular and all of a sudden it was the thing. Same thing happened with EAS. I guess allistics are going to allistic. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Also, love reading about other people's interests! This is such a fun thread!

(Edit: Saw someone else who liked sirens ayooo!! I forgot I was also into natural disasters!)
Since I was a 14 and even now as an adult, I have had a special interest in sirens. Specifically ones made during wars. I hate loud sounds but for some reason, I love the sound of sirens. I also love EAS alarms! I tend to watch a lot of real and fake EAS broadcasts. I need to take regular breaks from these interests though as it can cause me to get very paranoid, so I don't know as much as I'd like to.

I also had a special interest in the 90's! I loved everything from the 90's and was jealous of people who were born in that decade. I would spend hours looking up events, people, toys, series, literally everything that happened in the 90's. I would always ask my parents about what the 90's was like. Same goes for the 20's-50's. I would practice everyday trying to get that Mid Atlantic Accent. Aaaa I'm cringing so hard thinking back. XP

People would always make fun of my for having "weird" interests but then they would become popular and all of a sudden it was cool. Like for the 90's one, I was always told that it was weird to be obsessed with a specific decade but then Vaporwave became popular and all of a sudden it was the thing. Same thing happened with EAS. I guess allistics are going to allistic. ¯\_(?)_/¯

Also, love reading about other people's interests! This is such a fun thread!

(Edit: Saw someone else who liked sirens ayooo!! I forgot I was also into natural disasters!)
Qsi7AgW.png O62tc6n.pnguFMfy5S.pngkCHWEjf.png2VtxnMX.pngwLurwzJ.pngkHBaXec.png
Wallets.
I wanted a 'proper' wallet so bad as a kid, I remember spending a whole day going from store to store trying to find the right wallet with my grandmother but not finding any with the specifications I was looking for. So, alas, I was stuck with one of those velcro ones. Happy to report that I do own a 'proper' wallet now, lol.

The weirdest one for me personally though was Hamilton. Yes, the musical. I'm not even American LOL. I dislike the musical now, but when I was 12 it was impossible to not hear me talking about it or not listening to the music. Truly, I'm haunted by it lol.

A weird one I have now though is teeth. I just think they're neat :]
Wallets.
I wanted a 'proper' wallet so bad as a kid, I remember spending a whole day going from store to store trying to find the right wallet with my grandmother but not finding any with the specifications I was looking for. So, alas, I was stuck with one of those velcro ones. Happy to report that I do own a 'proper' wallet now, lol.

The weirdest one for me personally though was Hamilton. Yes, the musical. I'm not even American LOL. I dislike the musical now, but when I was 12 it was impossible to not hear me talking about it or not listening to the music. Truly, I'm haunted by it lol.

A weird one I have now though is teeth. I just think they're neat :]
!hello! azSWexC.gif N1Z2e9k.gif 4hGrYLx.gif
my most out there was service dogs laws! i'm still super well versed on ADA law and frequently give out info to my family so they can understand service dogs more :]

i hyper fixated on particle accelerators for a while too that was weird

and rammstein.... oh boy :/ (this is my current spin) people think this one is weird because my entire life centers around loving these old german men but it's not too weird to me... i think i do kinda wish my spin was more normal/popular tho so i'd have people to talk to abt them
my most out there was service dogs laws! i'm still super well versed on ADA law and frequently give out info to my family so they can understand service dogs more :]

i hyper fixated on particle accelerators for a while too that was weird

and rammstein.... oh boy :/ (this is my current spin) people think this one is weird because my entire life centers around loving these old german men but it's not too weird to me... i think i do kinda wish my spin was more normal/popular tho so i'd have people to talk to abt them
nF6vUTl.gif
Monolair lol
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8