Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What was your weirdest special interest?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'd say my weirdest is obstetrics/physiology of pregnancy. I'd class this as weird because it started at age 3 and because I've never actually wanted kids or to experience pregnancy myself. But the whole process fascinates me. It also tied in nicely with my special interest in roller coasters/amusement parks (started around age 4) because of all the signs that say pregnant women can't ride.
I'd say my weirdest is obstetrics/physiology of pregnancy. I'd class this as weird because it started at age 3 and because I've never actually wanted kids or to experience pregnancy myself. But the whole process fascinates me. It also tied in nicely with my special interest in roller coasters/amusement parks (started around age 4) because of all the signs that say pregnant women can't ride.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
furbys aren't that weird in the grand scheme of things but my interest does extend into bootlegs and anything inspired by them (not interested in the horror fork of the inspirations though i want them played straight). autumn furby is my mascot for my account, people have been more than willing to draw it but its hard to find artists because i'd rather have my actual characters drawn.
furbys aren't that weird in the grand scheme of things but my interest does extend into bootlegs and anything inspired by them (not interested in the horror fork of the inspirations though i want them played straight). autumn furby is my mascot for my account, people have been more than willing to draw it but its hard to find artists because i'd rather have my actual characters drawn.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote name="Hypercoaster" date="2024-04-20 08:11:00" ] I'd say my weirdest is obstetrics/physiology of pregnancy. I'd class this as weird because it started at age 3 and because I've never actually wanted kids or to experience pregnancy myself. But the whole process fascinates me. It also tied in nicely with my special interest in roller coasters/amusement parks (started around age 4) because of all the signs that say pregnant women can't ride. [/quote] Your name being @Hypercoaster really ties it all together. Love it.
Hypercoaster wrote on 2024-04-20 08:11:00:

Your name being @Hypercoaster really ties it all together. Love it.
Yandet-rowan.gif
she/they
ping me!
1fiscod.png
(click me!)
@Hypercoaster Pregnancy is super weird to be honest [emoji=aether laughing size=1] And there is so much to learn about it, +so much we don't know! (But there is so much to learn and find out about everything.)
@Hypercoaster

Pregnancy is super weird to be honest And there is so much to learn about it, +so much we don't know! (But there is so much to learn and find out about everything.)
Pings OK!
@IrradiatedRisk I don't even know how vending machines work, but now I want to! And I hope one day you'll be able to start your business. [emoji=tundra happy size=1] Can you tell me why this is your favourite vending machine variant? (No pressure.)
@IrradiatedRisk

I don't even know how vending machines work, but now I want to! And I hope one day you'll be able to start your business.
Can you tell me why this is your favourite vending machine variant? (No pressure.)
Pings OK!
@MilkshakeTrex It's weird enough for me [emoji=coatl happy size=1] And I don't want to limit what counts as a weird/unique special interest, what is considered odd is highly subjective anyways.
@MilkshakeTrex

It's weird enough for me
And I don't want to limit what counts as a weird/unique special interest, what is considered odd is highly subjective anyways.
Pings OK!
reoccurring interest in radiation's effects on the human body

definatley not a fixation, those last like 6+ months for me
reoccurring interest in radiation's effects on the human body

definatley not a fixation, those last like 6+ months for me

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
I guess my weirdest special interest would be plushies?
I don't consider it weird (though I'm kind of starting to), but others do see it as weird in a "why would a grown 'man' be interested in something like stuffed animals" kind of way unfortunately lol

Also less weird and more niche I think (given its relative obscurity) but... I have also been hyperfixating on one specific punk rock band's music for several years now. Set It Off my beloved.
I guess my weirdest special interest would be plushies?
I don't consider it weird (though I'm kind of starting to), but others do see it as weird in a "why would a grown 'man' be interested in something like stuffed animals" kind of way unfortunately lol

Also less weird and more niche I think (given its relative obscurity) but... I have also been hyperfixating on one specific punk rock band's music for several years now. Set It Off my beloved.
9s8wmF5.png z6OgJbN.png
iuEBSJ3.png
OETsgJU.png
Pgv53XB.png
2VtxnMX.png
oaolHwW.png
Al1BEGR.png
cdqdRxL.png
ll0CfnD.png
3M48cU6.png
image.png
oNrZjs5.png
8GgdVkW.png
image.png
PQqYbln.png
gP8rZcU.png Note for forum games: I have dragons in both my main den and hibernal den!
[quote name="StarScales" date="2024-04-20 09:43:17" ] I don't even know how vending machines work, but now I want to! And I hope one day you'll be able to start your business. [emoji=tundra happy size=1] Can you tell me why this is your favourite vending machine variant? (No pressure.) [/quote] Thank you! I think the Cold Drinks variety is my favorite variant specifically due to the fact that that design in specific is what got me into vending machines. Some other random variants I love include designs like waterfalls, which a good example is on the Vendo 721. As for how vending machines work, there are a variety of machine types that each work differently. A cool thing I like to explain is how snack machines know you got your food. A lot of machines have little laser things that detect when something falls, and if it turns once and the item doesn’t fall, it turns it again! Not too useful for jams but it’s something neat. To explain why I say there’s a variety of types, let me give some examples of various types of machines. Have you ever gone to a grocery store as a kid and got something out of those things that you put a quarter in, turn the little finger crank, and got a capsule, gumball, or even a few skittles? Believe it or not, you used a vending machine! That would be bulk vending. There’s also frozen vending machines, vending machines with medical products, and even vending machines that dispense hot drinks!
StarScales wrote on 2024-04-20 09:43:17:
I don't even know how vending machines work, but now I want to! And I hope one day you'll be able to start your business.
Can you tell me why this is your favourite vending machine variant? (No pressure.)

Thank you! I think the Cold Drinks variety is my favorite variant specifically due to the fact that that design in specific is what got me into vending machines. Some other random variants I love include designs like waterfalls, which a good example is on the Vendo 721.

As for how vending machines work, there are a variety of machine types that each work differently. A cool thing I like to explain is how snack machines know you got your food. A lot of machines have little laser things that detect when something falls, and if it turns once and the item doesn’t fall, it turns it again! Not too useful for jams but it’s something neat.

To explain why I say there’s a variety of types, let me give some examples of various types of machines. Have you ever gone to a grocery store as a kid and got something out of those things that you put a quarter in, turn the little finger crank, and got a capsule, gumball, or even a few skittles? Believe it or not, you used a vending machine! That would be bulk vending. There’s also frozen vending machines, vending machines with medical products, and even vending machines that dispense hot drinks!
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
@Transkovsky

Are you more interested in long, or short term effects of radiation?

I (unfortunately) researched ARS (acute radiation syndrome) at the beginning of 2020, when I watched HBO-s Chernobyl series. I never stopped finding radiation absolutely horrifying, but still very captivating. One of those things you are interested in despite being scared of it. (Or perhaps the interest stems from the fear too.)
@Transkovsky

Are you more interested in long, or short term effects of radiation?

I (unfortunately) researched ARS (acute radiation syndrome) at the beginning of 2020, when I watched HBO-s Chernobyl series. I never stopped finding radiation absolutely horrifying, but still very captivating. One of those things you are interested in despite being scared of it. (Or perhaps the interest stems from the fear too.)
Pings OK!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8