Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Is water wet?
1 2 3 4
the definition of wet is that something is covered in water, so i like to think that since water can't cover itself, it's not wet but it can make things wet since water is a liquid :3
the definition of wet is that something is covered in water, so i like to think that since water can't cover itself, it's not wet but it can make things wet since water is a liquid :3
y3CR4IN.png
The way I see it, if something has the ability to be wet, it needs to also be able to be dry. And you can't have dry water, can you?
The way I see it, if something has the ability to be wet, it needs to also be able to be dry. And you can't have dry water, can you?
dT9HQge.png 5vnsOgE.png
Y7MOfeL.png LGvol4P.png
RDt6LqI.png cdqdRxL.png
Yes.
Yes.
Personally my outlook on it is that wetness is not a boolean yes-or-no state, but more of a 0-100 sliding scale. The more water is on something, the wetter it is. So one water molecule leaves something fairly dry, but visible water leads to wetness. As visible water is a bunch of clumped up molecules, the water itself is wet due to all the other water on it.
Personally my outlook on it is that wetness is not a boolean yes-or-no state, but more of a 0-100 sliding scale. The more water is on something, the wetter it is. So one water molecule leaves something fairly dry, but visible water leads to wetness. As visible water is a bunch of clumped up molecules, the water itself is wet due to all the other water on it.
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
idk man this thread makes my brain hurt
idk man this thread makes my brain hurt
Runic Bat Spectral Duskflapper Cursed Bat Armored Duskflapper Spirit of Shadow
if water makes things wet then it itself should be wet i think
if water makes things wet then it itself should be wet i think
NcRl9aq.png
I feel like water is inherently wet because it's not dry. If it where dry it would be evaporated and definitely not wet.
I feel like water is inherently wet because it's not dry. If it where dry it would be evaporated and definitely not wet.
I want to go back in time, find some really old philosophers, and show them this thread.
I want to go back in time, find some really old philosophers, and show them this thread.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
water is dry....
water is dry....
tbh i feel like water can only make things wet, but it's not wet itself
tbh i feel like water can only make things wet, but it's not wet itself
Auraboas.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
YMPbu9R.png
Cheap-8.pngSales.png
1 2 3 4