Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Let's talk about Hazbin Hotel!!
1 2 3 4 5 6
Ok so i'm finally starting hazbin because my boyfriend is getting me into it.... I'm really really enjoying it so far, I've surprised myself normally I'm not into tv at all.... something something attention span...
Ok so i'm finally starting hazbin because my boyfriend is getting me into it.... I'm really really enjoying it so far, I've surprised myself normally I'm not into tv at all.... something something attention span...
097fe9bb15c36a1f4509e52d9751380acc01514f.gif
:>
:>
Devon

92119865.png
SfN2VDO.png
qN1OyUr.png
mlHpBMC.png

xmikUei.png
o9yS1eq.png
voyURL5.png

lAvpyOQ.png
rix3ppo.png
7fFdbks.png
t3kr0g.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ryvAmhs.png[/img] Rosie got that mom energy that you just gotta love. She's currently my Discord pfp. I have 0 regrets watching HH with my partner.
ryvAmhs.png

Rosie got that mom energy that you just gotta love. She's currently my Discord pfp.

I have 0 regrets watching HH with my partner.
z3ouQq5.gif 1lYv7yK.png
rK7soRR.png
N2y2KFS.png
"A dubious little CREATURE getting up to MISCHIEF. This is No Good. The Beast is demonic in nature. Very Icky, no good."
i was never too big into hazbin but it looked interesting and fun and i was kind of intrigued/excited to see how it would come out. honestly i think i like the pilot a little better, something about the full show just didnt entirely hit the mark for me but im still curious to see more alastor shenanigans and more of heaven. honestly right now though i think i like helluva boss better but i think theres still more room for hazbin to develop. so far it just wasnt as entertaining as the pilot and helluva boss to me at least but i have high hopes it can improve
i was never too big into hazbin but it looked interesting and fun and i was kind of intrigued/excited to see how it would come out. honestly i think i like the pilot a little better, something about the full show just didnt entirely hit the mark for me but im still curious to see more alastor shenanigans and more of heaven. honestly right now though i think i like helluva boss better but i think theres still more room for hazbin to develop. so far it just wasnt as entertaining as the pilot and helluva boss to me at least but i have high hopes it can improve
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
I started watching Hazbin with friends as a joke. Expected the writing and everything to be helluva boss S2 levels of bad. I was VERY surprised when i realised 'wait. it's actually not abysmal'. Is it a groundbreaking show? No, it may not be the best but it's not terrible. Saying this as someone who LOVES to rant about vivziepop's terrible writing choices with friends.

The pacing is a bit all over the place at times, some scenes and characters were unnecessary (COUGH mimzy), some songs werent that necessary either (I get it's a musical but yeah...). Speaking of unnecessary, I feel like most of the swearing really wasn't needed. No, 40 f-bombs per episode will not make your show seem adult (i actually counted the amount of swears for the first 2-3 eps and it was 35+ for each..).

Probably one of the things that i found extremely offputting was the first episode. Putting adam and making angel dust act obnoxious in the same episode was the worst choice ever oh god. I HATED angel dust in that episode so much, I'm glad they toned his jokes/comments down because he was genuinely insufferable
Another thing I didnt like was niffty killing adam. really? Killing your main antagonist of the season as a cheap joke? I didn't even like adam but i would NOT do that if I wrote something that I want people to take at least a bit seriously

Anyway, now the things I liked. I really enjoyed all the tiny bacground interactions between characters! It's a small detail that many people dont notice but I liked that a lot.
Some of the songs do actually slap, if im being honest. My muisc taste is wildly different but I can say that some of the musical numbers were pretty fun
I also have to admit that I liked lucifer, he's probably one of my favourite characters. I thought he was gonna be some tumblr sexyman bait who's a powerful mysterious piece of cardboard. I was wrong, thankfully. I'm really hoping to see some more moments with him and charlie because im gonna be real with yall i like watching parent-child relationships in fiction i think it can be really interesting
I also think vox is hilarious not because his jokes are funny but because sometimes he acts like me in 2021 (he hates alstor so much I think it's comical) (as of me.. i grew as a person and moved on)

TLDR: The show has some flaws, but it can be enjoyable. I'd DEFINITELY recommend you watching it if you like dissecting shows, what works and what doesn't because this show is just fun to rant about, whether you enjoyed it or not.
I started watching Hazbin with friends as a joke. Expected the writing and everything to be helluva boss S2 levels of bad. I was VERY surprised when i realised 'wait. it's actually not abysmal'. Is it a groundbreaking show? No, it may not be the best but it's not terrible. Saying this as someone who LOVES to rant about vivziepop's terrible writing choices with friends.

The pacing is a bit all over the place at times, some scenes and characters were unnecessary (COUGH mimzy), some songs werent that necessary either (I get it's a musical but yeah...). Speaking of unnecessary, I feel like most of the swearing really wasn't needed. No, 40 f-bombs per episode will not make your show seem adult (i actually counted the amount of swears for the first 2-3 eps and it was 35+ for each..).

Probably one of the things that i found extremely offputting was the first episode. Putting adam and making angel dust act obnoxious in the same episode was the worst choice ever oh god. I HATED angel dust in that episode so much, I'm glad they toned his jokes/comments down because he was genuinely insufferable
Another thing I didnt like was niffty killing adam. really? Killing your main antagonist of the season as a cheap joke? I didn't even like adam but i would NOT do that if I wrote something that I want people to take at least a bit seriously

Anyway, now the things I liked. I really enjoyed all the tiny bacground interactions between characters! It's a small detail that many people dont notice but I liked that a lot.
Some of the songs do actually slap, if im being honest. My muisc taste is wildly different but I can say that some of the musical numbers were pretty fun
I also have to admit that I liked lucifer, he's probably one of my favourite characters. I thought he was gonna be some tumblr sexyman bait who's a powerful mysterious piece of cardboard. I was wrong, thankfully. I'm really hoping to see some more moments with him and charlie because im gonna be real with yall i like watching parent-child relationships in fiction i think it can be really interesting
I also think vox is hilarious not because his jokes are funny but because sometimes he acts like me in 2021 (he hates alstor so much I think it's comical) (as of me.. i grew as a person and moved on)

TLDR: The show has some flaws, but it can be enjoyable. I'd DEFINITELY recommend you watching it if you like dissecting shows, what works and what doesn't because this show is just fun to rant about, whether you enjoyed it or not.
1vAtYxM.png
ePOliyb.png
HdmxfuE.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
IMG_6995.png 4ogWlJU.png
o4KdtaP.png
oClJnAg.png
[quote name="charwal" date="2024-02-10 17:46:39" ] I watched like 4 episodes of it and it was cool. I’m gonna watch the rest sometime soon. husk is my favourite character I think,,, grumpy cat demon man. alastor is cool too [/quote] ok so I finished the show and my opinion remains the same. it was very coolios and husk is very much indeed my favourite character
charwal wrote on 2024-02-10 17:46:39:
I watched like 4 episodes of it and it was cool. I’m gonna watch the rest sometime soon. husk is my favourite character I think,,, grumpy cat demon man. alastor is cool too

ok so I finished the show and my opinion remains the same. it was very coolios and husk is very much indeed my favourite character
output-onlinegiftools.gif hZipXGO.png rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
4WPArK6.png

My partner had recommended the pilot when it came out years ago, but I never got around to watching it, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't bother with it until now. I hateee when I obsess over a show or something and it doesn't get continued for almost half a decade.

I ended up watching the show on Amazon, only had to wait for the last two episodes to come out, THEN I watched the pilot, for whatever reason in that order.
I can confidently say I'm kind of obsessed at the moment, I don't know any of the "drama" or whatever that I've seen some people talk about with the creator or anything like that, I just dove right in and found myself enjoying the story and characters without getting too deep into it. Big fan of Alastor and Lucifer, I usually like these types of characters.

Really hoping we see season two at least by next year???

My partner had recommended the pilot when it came out years ago, but I never got around to watching it, and honestly, I'm glad I didn't bother with it until now. I hateee when I obsess over a show or something and it doesn't get continued for almost half a decade.

I ended up watching the show on Amazon, only had to wait for the last two episodes to come out, THEN I watched the pilot, for whatever reason in that order.
I can confidently say I'm kind of obsessed at the moment, I don't know any of the "drama" or whatever that I've seen some people talk about with the creator or anything like that, I just dove right in and found myself enjoying the story and characters without getting too deep into it. Big fan of Alastor and Lucifer, I usually like these types of characters.

Really hoping we see season two at least by next year???
2W7k7.gif l8Myi.gif
i watched one of the early songs & maybe, like, half of the pilot when they first came out. finally got around to watching the first season and i have to admit i enjoy it. some parts of the humor are a little on the nose for me (some of helluva boss is just like... guys, some originality, after the 80th innuendo) but overall i'm very very interested in it. alastor's my favorite. i have a soft spot for immensely powerful characters who don't lie or downplay their abilities, and i'm super curious about his backstory. it's clear he made some sort of deal, but with who? and who was he before that? what was his life like?

i don't like angel dust. although i usually really like characters in situations like his (ab*se), i find him tacky and irritating. i think the whole 'hyper-feminine dude' thing was just boring. i would've found him more interesting if they made him nonbinary. but gender/appearance/stereotype aside, i also don't like most of his lines. he's just so insufferable. he just makes s*x jokes, constantly. i think they're trying to give him the whole 'i cope with humor,' but it's just not well done.

husk is boring, and i think he should deck angel dust. vaggie is definitely interesting. i think i need to see some more of her character developed before i really get into her. the others are just kinda okay. i do like carmilla (vamp. ref???), and hope she gets more screentime & development next season.

i think the show has incredible potential. charlie's character alone - if i were writing her, i'd give her a character arc that slowly drags her away from her naivety and cheer into something much more focused and brutal as she eventually realizes heaven isn't going to help her people. (i really cant see everyone in hell redeeming theirselves, and anyways i like the concept of embracing their sins (like charlie being like yea they're crazy but they're MY crazy) better than religious redemption.) her mother, lilith is also super super intruiging. i really want a glimpse into her & lucifer's relationship dynamic. we're introduced to them as the kinda og otp, but then charlie says they 'split,' and lucifer's just basically an awkward sweetheart - so yea.

overall, it's good. not great, not perfect. i personally find some of the humor/dynamics grating, & think the overall take on heaven/hell a bit lacking in creativity (& theoretical research), but the foundations are there to grow into something very good.
i watched one of the early songs & maybe, like, half of the pilot when they first came out. finally got around to watching the first season and i have to admit i enjoy it. some parts of the humor are a little on the nose for me (some of helluva boss is just like... guys, some originality, after the 80th innuendo) but overall i'm very very interested in it. alastor's my favorite. i have a soft spot for immensely powerful characters who don't lie or downplay their abilities, and i'm super curious about his backstory. it's clear he made some sort of deal, but with who? and who was he before that? what was his life like?

i don't like angel dust. although i usually really like characters in situations like his (ab*se), i find him tacky and irritating. i think the whole 'hyper-feminine dude' thing was just boring. i would've found him more interesting if they made him nonbinary. but gender/appearance/stereotype aside, i also don't like most of his lines. he's just so insufferable. he just makes s*x jokes, constantly. i think they're trying to give him the whole 'i cope with humor,' but it's just not well done.

husk is boring, and i think he should deck angel dust. vaggie is definitely interesting. i think i need to see some more of her character developed before i really get into her. the others are just kinda okay. i do like carmilla (vamp. ref???), and hope she gets more screentime & development next season.

i think the show has incredible potential. charlie's character alone - if i were writing her, i'd give her a character arc that slowly drags her away from her naivety and cheer into something much more focused and brutal as she eventually realizes heaven isn't going to help her people. (i really cant see everyone in hell redeeming theirselves, and anyways i like the concept of embracing their sins (like charlie being like yea they're crazy but they're MY crazy) better than religious redemption.) her mother, lilith is also super super intruiging. i really want a glimpse into her & lucifer's relationship dynamic. we're introduced to them as the kinda og otp, but then charlie says they 'split,' and lucifer's just basically an awkward sweetheart - so yea.

overall, it's good. not great, not perfect. i personally find some of the humor/dynamics grating, & think the overall take on heaven/hell a bit lacking in creativity (& theoretical research), but the foundations are there to grow into something very good.
tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png ...

hi, i'm slipfast :)

and this is alicent
............................................................................................

SVKYjFc.gif
Started feelin a bit sad that I missed out on buying the 1st edition trading cards for Hazbin Hotel.

I really want that Lucifer card, but the lowest priced listing for him is around $120. And while I can afford it I just can't justify paying that much for a card. I feel big sad.

Though I am on a wait list for a reprint of the trading cards and hopefully I'll be able to snag some packs before the scalpers get a hold of them all.
Started feelin a bit sad that I missed out on buying the 1st edition trading cards for Hazbin Hotel.

I really want that Lucifer card, but the lowest priced listing for him is around $120. And while I can afford it I just can't justify paying that much for a card. I feel big sad.

Though I am on a wait list for a reprint of the trading cards and hopefully I'll be able to snag some packs before the scalpers get a hold of them all.
Wishlist
G1s for Sale
Fandragons
Free Vistas
AbPMzoC.png
I've rewatched the show again and episode 5 and oh Lord I love Lucifer so much [url=https://ibb.co/gJBPcSR][img]https://i.ibb.co/Pgf9Vc6/Lucifer-Talking-to-Charlie.png[/img][/url] Look at him!!!
I've rewatched the show again and episode 5 and oh Lord I love Lucifer so much
Lucifer-Talking-to-Charlie.png
Look at him!!!
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6