Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ♥ Weekly Song Sharing (hiatus)
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29 30
Favorite bands? Done.
Favorite bands? Done.
fLdYOuE.png2KAdknV.pnga129Nss.png5vnsOgE.pnguVEyOnT.pngWg1Qxoe.pngBjO3CiL.png6R7AJ1z.pngHJLIYn4.png
0hbaNke.png
i think this is my first post here? i've been following quietly, but none of the themes have really applied to any music i could think of - until now! but i'm not about to pass up an opportunity to share songs from my favourite band!! first up though, an honorable mention:

linger longer - cosmo sheldrake
distant thoughts become cluttered mind,
what is a drop in the ocean?
far and few but long behind,
we're spun by the heavenly motion

although the crane wives are my favourite band as of right now, cosmo sheldrake was my favourite artist long before that!! i adore many, many of his songs, i don't know if i could name a specific favourite - however linger longer definitely has a special place in my heart, it was my favourite song of his (and possibly my favorite song in general) a few years back and i still adore it <3

the moon will sing - the crane wives
the moon will sing a song for me,
i loved you like the sun
bore the shadows that you made
with no light of my own

next up: one of my favourite songs ever as of right now, if not my top favourite. i adore the moon will sing for no particular reason - i just love the lyrics, the melodies, everything about it. it's also super fun to hum to myself and i have a lot of it memorized <3 it's not like, particularly meaningful to me personally or anything, but i just adore it. although, it was one of the first crane wives songs that really clicked for me when i first started listening to them around february of this.... wait, last year, so i guess i could sorta credit it as the song that got me into their music!!

not the ghost - the crane wives
if only i could break the chain of disappointments weighing me down
shake off the ghosts that whisper warnings whenever you're not around (you're not around)
i won't be afraid of all the things i wanted
it's the fear and not the ghost that leaves me haunted, haunted

okay, so this song is particularly quite meaningful for me, for two reasons! for one, the lyrics have been very relatable and comforting for me in the past 4-ish months when i was having a rough time, especially the ones i highlighted above. i won't be afraid of the things i wanted especially resonates with me in a lot of ways aksshdhda, and is still a very meaningful lyric to me. secondly, it is also the theme song for one of my ocs who i created this.. AGAIN?? i mean last year, who i absolutely adore (and who i relate to a lot as well, coincidentally, but shh).

new discovery - the crane wives
i want to believe
there's something left for me,
a new discovery
waiting for me

so, when i first got into the crane wives, it was around january or february of 2023, and i listened to all the songs in... i think just their foxlore and coyote stories albums? i was still getting into their music and while i loved a lot, i was unsure about a lot of songs too, this being one of those. but just a few days ago i went back through all their albums - all 4 this time, plus many of their singles - and listened to all the songs. listening to it again now, this song is actually really cool - not one of my absolute favourites, but i like it enough that i thought it deserved a highlight here! <3

down the river - the crane wives
sure, you can forget about
all the things you've done
but what about the rest of us?
(what about the rest of us?)

same story as new discovery, i first listened to this song when i first got into the crane wives and only returned to it very recently. no idea why i didn't absolutely fall in love with this song the first time, but i definitely did this time around, it's so freaking good!! absolute bop, i am in love with this song

the well - the crane wives
all the words i couldn't say to you,
all the damage i'd have wrought
that old house, those rotting memories
burned easier than i'd have thought

and last but not least, the crane wives' most recently released song, the well! i fell in love with this song immediately, and it also has an absolutely stunning animation/music video to go with it, pleaase go watch + listen to it it's so good. i love the entire song but the lyrics i highlighted above are definitely my favourites!! <3

okay so i don't want to make full highlights for more than those five songs, but literally all the songs by the crane wives are so so so good, i am begging you to go listen to them aaa. here are a few more quick mentions for songs of theirs i particularly enjoy (but again, literally all their music is beyond phenomenal):

curses
the garden
allies or enemies
the hand that feeds
sleeping giants
unraveling
the crooked, the cradle
i think this is my first post here? i've been following quietly, but none of the themes have really applied to any music i could think of - until now! but i'm not about to pass up an opportunity to share songs from my favourite band!! first up though, an honorable mention:

linger longer - cosmo sheldrake
distant thoughts become cluttered mind,
what is a drop in the ocean?
far and few but long behind,
we're spun by the heavenly motion

although the crane wives are my favourite band as of right now, cosmo sheldrake was my favourite artist long before that!! i adore many, many of his songs, i don't know if i could name a specific favourite - however linger longer definitely has a special place in my heart, it was my favourite song of his (and possibly my favorite song in general) a few years back and i still adore it <3

the moon will sing - the crane wives
the moon will sing a song for me,
i loved you like the sun
bore the shadows that you made
with no light of my own

next up: one of my favourite songs ever as of right now, if not my top favourite. i adore the moon will sing for no particular reason - i just love the lyrics, the melodies, everything about it. it's also super fun to hum to myself and i have a lot of it memorized <3 it's not like, particularly meaningful to me personally or anything, but i just adore it. although, it was one of the first crane wives songs that really clicked for me when i first started listening to them around february of this.... wait, last year, so i guess i could sorta credit it as the song that got me into their music!!

not the ghost - the crane wives
if only i could break the chain of disappointments weighing me down
shake off the ghosts that whisper warnings whenever you're not around (you're not around)
i won't be afraid of all the things i wanted
it's the fear and not the ghost that leaves me haunted, haunted

okay, so this song is particularly quite meaningful for me, for two reasons! for one, the lyrics have been very relatable and comforting for me in the past 4-ish months when i was having a rough time, especially the ones i highlighted above. i won't be afraid of the things i wanted especially resonates with me in a lot of ways aksshdhda, and is still a very meaningful lyric to me. secondly, it is also the theme song for one of my ocs who i created this.. AGAIN?? i mean last year, who i absolutely adore (and who i relate to a lot as well, coincidentally, but shh).

new discovery - the crane wives
i want to believe
there's something left for me,
a new discovery
waiting for me

so, when i first got into the crane wives, it was around january or february of 2023, and i listened to all the songs in... i think just their foxlore and coyote stories albums? i was still getting into their music and while i loved a lot, i was unsure about a lot of songs too, this being one of those. but just a few days ago i went back through all their albums - all 4 this time, plus many of their singles - and listened to all the songs. listening to it again now, this song is actually really cool - not one of my absolute favourites, but i like it enough that i thought it deserved a highlight here! <3

down the river - the crane wives
sure, you can forget about
all the things you've done
but what about the rest of us?
(what about the rest of us?)

same story as new discovery, i first listened to this song when i first got into the crane wives and only returned to it very recently. no idea why i didn't absolutely fall in love with this song the first time, but i definitely did this time around, it's so freaking good!! absolute bop, i am in love with this song

the well - the crane wives
all the words i couldn't say to you,
all the damage i'd have wrought
that old house, those rotting memories
burned easier than i'd have thought

and last but not least, the crane wives' most recently released song, the well! i fell in love with this song immediately, and it also has an absolutely stunning animation/music video to go with it, pleaase go watch + listen to it it's so good. i love the entire song but the lyrics i highlighted above are definitely my favourites!! <3

okay so i don't want to make full highlights for more than those five songs, but literally all the songs by the crane wives are so so so good, i am begging you to go listen to them aaa. here are a few more quick mentions for songs of theirs i particularly enjoy (but again, literally all their music is beyond phenomenal):

curses
the garden
allies or enemies
the hand that feeds
sleeping giants
unraveling
the crooked, the cradle
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
My favourite artist has been Alessia Cara for many years now. She’s one of my special interests, and I’m always singing her praises. Not to brag, but I’m getting pretty good at corrupting people into being fans of hers.

A quick fun fact, Alessia experiences synesthesia and uses it as a tool to make sure every sonic part of a song belongs there. For instance, if a song feels purple to her, she’ll make sure all the sounds and instruments and such that are used in the song also feel purple. I really think it helps in keeping her music fascinating to listen to while refraining from sounding overproduced.

1. Trust My Lonely - Alessia Cara
The best song I have ever heard. The boppiest bop to ever bop and never stop. The epitome of everything an Alessia Cara song should be. It’s about letting go of something that’s bad for you and embracing your ability to be without it. Alessia wrote it about the doubts she was having about writing an entire album of songs all on her own. It’s also accompanied by a fantastic music video.

2. Somebody Else - Alessia Cara
The best deep cut, great to dance or walk to. It’s repetitive, but it’s groovy.

3. Sweet Dream - Alessia Cara
Alessia wrote this song about her insomnia. I love the sound of the song, much like I love the sound of Trust My Lonely. This song also has a music video that’s absolute fire.

4. Clockwork - Alessia Cara
I don’t know why, but this song always gets me hyped up. It’s also way too relatable.

5. October - Alessia Cara
A very sweet and sentimental song, as far as I know still one of Alessia’s favourites that she’s ever written.
My favourite artist has been Alessia Cara for many years now. She’s one of my special interests, and I’m always singing her praises. Not to brag, but I’m getting pretty good at corrupting people into being fans of hers.

A quick fun fact, Alessia experiences synesthesia and uses it as a tool to make sure every sonic part of a song belongs there. For instance, if a song feels purple to her, she’ll make sure all the sounds and instruments and such that are used in the song also feel purple. I really think it helps in keeping her music fascinating to listen to while refraining from sounding overproduced.

1. Trust My Lonely - Alessia Cara
The best song I have ever heard. The boppiest bop to ever bop and never stop. The epitome of everything an Alessia Cara song should be. It’s about letting go of something that’s bad for you and embracing your ability to be without it. Alessia wrote it about the doubts she was having about writing an entire album of songs all on her own. It’s also accompanied by a fantastic music video.

2. Somebody Else - Alessia Cara
The best deep cut, great to dance or walk to. It’s repetitive, but it’s groovy.

3. Sweet Dream - Alessia Cara
Alessia wrote this song about her insomnia. I love the sound of the song, much like I love the sound of Trust My Lonely. This song also has a music video that’s absolute fire.

4. Clockwork - Alessia Cara
I don’t know why, but this song always gets me hyped up. It’s also way too relatable.

5. October - Alessia Cara
A very sweet and sentimental song, as far as I know still one of Alessia’s favourites that she’s ever written.
Crownworthy_FR_SaltyGhost.png fE0vSYy.png
AQPJNOh.png
JvUa9ma.png
JuaytuP.png
@VibinFrogFolk Hello! Your title has been updated. Please avoid using all caps in titles per forum policy. Thank!
@VibinFrogFolk Hello! Your title has been updated. Please avoid using all caps in titles per forum policy. Thank!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches

Oops, my bad! Thank you for the heads up I'll keep it in mind in the future lol
@JCStitches

Oops, my bad! Thank you for the heads up I'll keep it in mind in the future lol

nvlVFtD.png

I don't think I actually have a favourite artist or band. I just listen to songs from all over...
Nonetheless, here are few songs by artists I listen to on a regular basis:

The Battle of Sauron and Finrod Felagund - Clamavi de Profundis
I love Tolkien, so of course I'm gonna post one of his poems (or in this case a snippet of a very, very long poem) here.

Lasse Redn - Die Ärzte
I grew up with this band (which in my opinion is one of the best German bands but I don't know enough bands to accurately judge that) but never paid much attention to them. I then rediscovered them some time last year and realized I love their texts. I chose this song because whenever I am worried what people will think me about them, this reminds "lasse redn" (let 'em talk) and that others' opinions opinion don't matter that much.

And now: three songs by Linkin park because my 13y/o self is still strong within me. Also they're songs mean a lot to me <3

Breaking the Habit
One More Light
What I've Done
I don't think I actually have a favourite artist or band. I just listen to songs from all over...
Nonetheless, here are few songs by artists I listen to on a regular basis:

The Battle of Sauron and Finrod Felagund - Clamavi de Profundis
I love Tolkien, so of course I'm gonna post one of his poems (or in this case a snippet of a very, very long poem) here.

Lasse Redn - Die Ärzte
I grew up with this band (which in my opinion is one of the best German bands but I don't know enough bands to accurately judge that) but never paid much attention to them. I then rediscovered them some time last year and realized I love their texts. I chose this song because whenever I am worried what people will think me about them, this reminds "lasse redn" (let 'em talk) and that others' opinions opinion don't matter that much.

And now: three songs by Linkin park because my 13y/o self is still strong within me. Also they're songs mean a lot to me <3

Breaking the Habit
One More Light
What I've Done
coH7AEL.png
MUYNhfy.pngdEe2UrM.png
I don't think it's much a surprise when I say The Neighborhood is my favorite band. I tend to listen to songs individually rather than whole albums, but The Neighborhood is one of the few artists I've heard all/majority of their discography. Here's some of my favs from them without repeating the ones I've already recommended

Reflections - The Neighborhood
Leaving Tonight - The Neighborhood
Stargazing - The Neighborhood
Crybaby - The Neighborhood
warm - The Neighborhood
I don't think it's much a surprise when I say The Neighborhood is my favorite band. I tend to listen to songs individually rather than whole albums, but The Neighborhood is one of the few artists I've heard all/majority of their discography. Here's some of my favs from them without repeating the ones I've already recommended

Reflections - The Neighborhood
Leaving Tonight - The Neighborhood
Stargazing - The Neighborhood
Crybaby - The Neighborhood
warm - The Neighborhood
Serena/Awk | FR+0
Humanoid Art Thread
Favorite Band: Sabaton. I could honestly list 30 of their songs. I love each and every one of them. But here are 5 great ones. They sing power metal songs based on history. And they are epically amazing.

Lion from The North
Soldier of Heaven
Resist and Bite
Winged Hussars
Great War
Favorite Band: Sabaton. I could honestly list 30 of their songs. I love each and every one of them. But here are 5 great ones. They sing power metal songs based on history. And they are epically amazing.

Lion from The North
Soldier of Heaven
Resist and Bite
Winged Hussars
Great War
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
@BlossomWyvern

OMG, Clamavi de Profundis is amazing. And that song is my favorite. Huge Silmarillion fan, and I love that they make songs of more obscure Tolkien stuff.
@BlossomWyvern

OMG, Clamavi de Profundis is amazing. And that song is my favorite. Huge Silmarillion fan, and I love that they make songs of more obscure Tolkien stuff.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
Rina Sawayama is my favourite artist, and Florence + The Machine is my favourite band. I really enjoy Rina Sawayama's music as a lot of it has political or personal messages hidden behind a fun tune. Fun fact, Rina Sawayama graduated from the University of Cambridge with a degree in political science!
I love Florence + The Machine's use of instrumentation, and think the songs have great lyricism.

1: Minor Feelings - Rina Sawayama
A ballad with a triple entendre. Named after the book Minor Feelings by Cathy Park Hong, this short song details her experience with racial microaggressions, especially as a minor. "All my life, I've felt out of place. All my life, I've been saving face. For all these minor feelings are majorly breaking me down" This is all done in a minor key.

2: XS - Rina Sawayama
A satirical pop song about hyper-consumerism and capitalism, written after her first trip to Los Angeles where she saw huge wealth disparities from the elite of Hollywood to the huge homeless population. The song's title is a play off of the word excess. "Flex, when all that's left is immaterial. And the price we paid is unbelievable." This line doesn't just reference a price tag, but details her thoughts on the climate crisis caused by capitalistic greed.

3: Holy (Til You Let Me Go) - Rina Sawayama
Details Rina's religious trauma growing up. She went to a Church of England school, where she alludes "dark stuff" took place at. "They told you that? That's what was the most shocking to me. Was not that it happened in the first place. But that there was no one looking after you"

4: Mermaids - Florence + The Machine
A fun song about mermaids and the life of young English girls. "And the mermaids, they come once a year. They climb the struts of Brighton Pier. They come to drink, they come to dance. To sacrifice a human heart. And the world is so much wilder than you think. You haven't seen nothing 'til you've seen an English girl drink

5: Choreomania - Florence + The Machine
A song based upon the mysterious dancing mania that spread across mainland Europe between the 14th and 17th century, where people would literally dance themselves to death with no music playing.
Rina Sawayama is my favourite artist, and Florence + The Machine is my favourite band. I really enjoy Rina Sawayama's music as a lot of it has political or personal messages hidden behind a fun tune. Fun fact, Rina Sawayama graduated from the University of Cambridge with a degree in political science!
I love Florence + The Machine's use of instrumentation, and think the songs have great lyricism.

1: Minor Feelings - Rina Sawayama
A ballad with a triple entendre. Named after the book Minor Feelings by Cathy Park Hong, this short song details her experience with racial microaggressions, especially as a minor. "All my life, I've felt out of place. All my life, I've been saving face. For all these minor feelings are majorly breaking me down" This is all done in a minor key.

2: XS - Rina Sawayama
A satirical pop song about hyper-consumerism and capitalism, written after her first trip to Los Angeles where she saw huge wealth disparities from the elite of Hollywood to the huge homeless population. The song's title is a play off of the word excess. "Flex, when all that's left is immaterial. And the price we paid is unbelievable." This line doesn't just reference a price tag, but details her thoughts on the climate crisis caused by capitalistic greed.

3: Holy (Til You Let Me Go) - Rina Sawayama
Details Rina's religious trauma growing up. She went to a Church of England school, where she alludes "dark stuff" took place at. "They told you that? That's what was the most shocking to me. Was not that it happened in the first place. But that there was no one looking after you"

4: Mermaids - Florence + The Machine
A fun song about mermaids and the life of young English girls. "And the mermaids, they come once a year. They climb the struts of Brighton Pier. They come to drink, they come to dance. To sacrifice a human heart. And the world is so much wilder than you think. You haven't seen nothing 'til you've seen an English girl drink

5: Choreomania - Florence + The Machine
A song based upon the mysterious dancing mania that spread across mainland Europe between the 14th and 17th century, where people would literally dance themselves to death with no music playing.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 29 30