Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your opinion on Steven universe
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So what is your opinion on the show? What do you like about it? And when you didn't like it, What episode would you change to make it better? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
So what is your opinion on the show? What do you like about it? And when you didn't like it, What episode would you change to make it better? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
I absolutely love Steven universe, it has its flaws , but tbh those where out of the makers control since they had to rush it.
I just wish the white diamond didn’t get a redemption - she was terrifying and I think she should have stayed that way. The first time they introduced her I got chills- I thought she was a cool antagonist:(
My favorite character is pearl- Ik a lot of people don’t like her because of her character flaws but I think why and how they formed are really interesting and help build her as a person.

Anways that’s just my opinion , but overall amazing show with great foreshadowing
I absolutely love Steven universe, it has its flaws , but tbh those where out of the makers control since they had to rush it.
I just wish the white diamond didn’t get a redemption - she was terrifying and I think she should have stayed that way. The first time they introduced her I got chills- I thought she was a cool antagonist:(
My favorite character is pearl- Ik a lot of people don’t like her because of her character flaws but I think why and how they formed are really interesting and help build her as a person.

Anways that’s just my opinion , but overall amazing show with great foreshadowing
C6-A7-C47-A-0-AD2-4017-AB8-B-63-E385-AA680-A.png1-FAF2-CCD-14-FF-4-BA7-A01-B-9840-E7-B9-E4-F9.pngF038-A574-6-B2-F-42-F1-8-D94-F3-F28-BE397-B8.png
I was obsessed with that show for a time. I don't recall episodes I disliked because it was awhile ago, but I do agree with Closet's point on White Diamond. She made a great antagonist and not everyone deserves or needs a happy ending imo.

I think my favorite character is Greg. He was a realistic approach on a father who did what he could on his own and still pursued his passions in hobbies and his love for Steven was shown at every turn and interaction. He never gave up on him and constantly worried about him while also still allowing Steven to make his own mistakes and life decisions.

A close second favorite was Lapis, only because she was a real interpretation of a character that suffered too much and couldn't find it in herself to trust easily. Even when she did get close, any little thing set her off and made her distant again. It was interesting to see, and I loved her friendship with Peridot and Steven.
I was obsessed with that show for a time. I don't recall episodes I disliked because it was awhile ago, but I do agree with Closet's point on White Diamond. She made a great antagonist and not everyone deserves or needs a happy ending imo.

I think my favorite character is Greg. He was a realistic approach on a father who did what he could on his own and still pursued his passions in hobbies and his love for Steven was shown at every turn and interaction. He never gave up on him and constantly worried about him while also still allowing Steven to make his own mistakes and life decisions.

A close second favorite was Lapis, only because she was a real interpretation of a character that suffered too much and couldn't find it in herself to trust easily. Even when she did get close, any little thing set her off and made her distant again. It was interesting to see, and I loved her friendship with Peridot and Steven.
5hF3FGk.png

G976jQG.png
JvUa9ma.png
11efmKl.png
qKZAaLK.pngygWzlbs.pngeinxuSg.png
J6Q5uDd.png
I absolutely adore Steven Universe. Rebecca Sugar created such a whimsical world to share Steven's story in. I loved the light and silly approach to some lessons, while others dove into deeper psychological topics and I personally very much enjoyed that contrast.

Future was very hard for me to watch. I don't disagree with it: Steven had experienced many deep traumas that may have been glossed over or sugar-coated when they happened, so to see him finally feel the weight of everything he had been through made sense. But it didn't make Future any easier to watch.
I absolutely adore Steven Universe. Rebecca Sugar created such a whimsical world to share Steven's story in. I loved the light and silly approach to some lessons, while others dove into deeper psychological topics and I personally very much enjoyed that contrast.

Future was very hard for me to watch. I don't disagree with it: Steven had experienced many deep traumas that may have been glossed over or sugar-coated when they happened, so to see him finally feel the weight of everything he had been through made sense. But it didn't make Future any easier to watch.
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
Loved it!
Fun characters with interesting designs, stories that could be silly, whimsical, serious or somewhere in between without being tonally jarring or awkward. We were following Steven through his journey in growing up and learning about the world around him, and it did that theme well.

It sorta speedran its ending, which was a bit of a shame, but I'm not mad about it. Considering how other shows and movies have fared in the endings department (HTTYD, Star vs, Toy Story 4, Trollhunters), it could've been much worse, so I'm glad that even if it didn't land gracefully, it still finished with applause.

My favourites were the pearls. I also had a soft spot for Lion and Jasper.
Loved it!
Fun characters with interesting designs, stories that could be silly, whimsical, serious or somewhere in between without being tonally jarring or awkward. We were following Steven through his journey in growing up and learning about the world around him, and it did that theme well.

It sorta speedran its ending, which was a bit of a shame, but I'm not mad about it. Considering how other shows and movies have fared in the endings department (HTTYD, Star vs, Toy Story 4, Trollhunters), it could've been much worse, so I'm glad that even if it didn't land gracefully, it still finished with applause.

My favourites were the pearls. I also had a soft spot for Lion and Jasper.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I really enjoy the series, both the first series and Future (though Future was a more difficult watch, it was so good). I'm sure it's a victim of the network's forced rush of the ending, but I'd have loved to hear White Diamond sing a solo. You don't cast Christine Ebersole, Tony-award winner, without planning to give her a solo. Patti LuPone's was amazing as Yellow Diamond, and so when I found out that Christine Ebersole was White Diamond, I was so hyped for another strong Broadway voice.

Favorite characters are Connie, Stevonnie, Lars, Sadie, and Pearl (the Pearl we follow over the series). Greg is the best dad. Pearl has a lot of trauma she needs to unpack, though some of her songs help her work through. And I LOVE how much the anime Utena inspires Pearl's fighting style.
I really enjoy the series, both the first series and Future (though Future was a more difficult watch, it was so good). I'm sure it's a victim of the network's forced rush of the ending, but I'd have loved to hear White Diamond sing a solo. You don't cast Christine Ebersole, Tony-award winner, without planning to give her a solo. Patti LuPone's was amazing as Yellow Diamond, and so when I found out that Christine Ebersole was White Diamond, I was so hyped for another strong Broadway voice.

Favorite characters are Connie, Stevonnie, Lars, Sadie, and Pearl (the Pearl we follow over the series). Greg is the best dad. Pearl has a lot of trauma she needs to unpack, though some of her songs help her work through. And I LOVE how much the anime Utena inspires Pearl's fighting style.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
I couldn't watch it tbh, it seemed a little cringy but I'm also a bad judge and also it's the first episode, it was bound to be a little odd :p

Ik my friend @M1dn1ght5ky watched it tho so I'll bring her into the convo
I couldn't watch it tbh, it seemed a little cringy but I'm also a bad judge and also it's the first episode, it was bound to be a little odd :p

Ik my friend @M1dn1ght5ky watched it tho so I'll bring her into the convo
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
I guess it wasn't really for me. That didn't stop me from having a ginormous phase for it, though.
I guess it wasn't really for me. That didn't stop me from having a ginormous phase for it, though.
ll0CfnD.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
awUnQ0L.png
TdTJOrw.png
3M48cU6.png
:
:
:
:
:
:
NEW-SIGNATURE.png
Some things may be a little vague to me as it had ended a few years ago, but I didn't have any major problems. I would say one thing I appreciate is that it's not scared to show certain topics to children and I felt that also taught me a lot as I watched it. Characters are really charming and there's a whole lot of variety to learn about its world as well. I also think White Diamond shouldn't get a redemption. I think it would had been interesting to see Steven approach someone that may be beyond gaining help.

As for Future, I do think it could had taken more time in the oven along with the finale of the show before it. It has a great premise of dealing with trauma, so I bet with more time it probably would had been better.

It also has a movie, but the sudden musical side felt a little jarring. Steven Universe definitely has numerous songs, but probably not as often as every episode or something like that. So, it felt a little strange but it doesn't discount how good the songs were.
Some things may be a little vague to me as it had ended a few years ago, but I didn't have any major problems. I would say one thing I appreciate is that it's not scared to show certain topics to children and I felt that also taught me a lot as I watched it. Characters are really charming and there's a whole lot of variety to learn about its world as well. I also think White Diamond shouldn't get a redemption. I think it would had been interesting to see Steven approach someone that may be beyond gaining help.

As for Future, I do think it could had taken more time in the oven along with the finale of the show before it. It has a great premise of dealing with trauma, so I bet with more time it probably would had been better.

It also has a movie, but the sudden musical side felt a little jarring. Steven Universe definitely has numerous songs, but probably not as often as every episode or something like that. So, it felt a little strange but it doesn't discount how good the songs were.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I really like it! I cried ALOT when it ended. Cried again when future ended. Wish White Diamond stayed scary but overall it is really good! Lars, Lion and Amethyst are the faves.
I really like it! I cried ALOT when it ended. Cried again when future ended. Wish White Diamond stayed scary but overall it is really good! Lars, Lion and Amethyst are the faves.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
1 2 3 4 5 6 7