Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recommend me PS4/Switch Games?
1 2 3 4
I haven't seen anyone recommend this one yet, but Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir for the PS4. Absolutely gorgeous (even a rotting monster looks pretty), fun characters, epic story, and lots of opportunities to hack and slash to your heart's content. I don't know why it's so obscure, as it's very highly rated.
I haven't seen anyone recommend this one yet, but Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir for the PS4. Absolutely gorgeous (even a rotting monster looks pretty), fun characters, epic story, and lots of opportunities to hack and slash to your heart's content. I don't know why it's so obscure, as it's very highly rated.
these are small titles but i recommend Gato Roboto and Boomerang X for the switch !! gato roboto's a nice platformer with sound design that sounds soo good imo (it's like so simple tbh but i like it !!), and boomerang x fast paced arena shooter that's rlly fun with its movement and the new moves you learn with every level to give you new ways to deal with enemies.. i may not finish a lot of my games unfortunately and i will soon- but i do recommend these if you're interested !!!
these are small titles but i recommend Gato Roboto and Boomerang X for the switch !! gato roboto's a nice platformer with sound design that sounds soo good imo (it's like so simple tbh but i like it !!), and boomerang x fast paced arena shooter that's rlly fun with its movement and the new moves you learn with every level to give you new ways to deal with enemies.. i may not finish a lot of my games unfortunately and i will soon- but i do recommend these if you're interested !!!
lBDgT.gif
i got a lil guy !! :3c
I have a few to shill lol you said you liked stories in games so have some you could play!

Ghost Trick (Switch/PS4): if you only play one game I recommend PLEASE play this one. It’s a remaster of the original DS port. It’s a puzzle/mystery novel game. I can’t really talk about why you should play it without spoiling 90% of the game but it’s probably one of the best mystery games of all time. Just trust me I won’t let you down

Ace Attorney trilogy (PS4/Switch)/Great Ace Attorney (Switch): it’s by the same person who made Ghost Trick and probably the more popular of his stuff.
Really good visual novel/adventure about a lawyer (it’s really good I promise it’s better than it sounds). The original trilogy is on almost every system and goes on sale a lot. Great Ace Attorney is a spin-off so I would say play the trilogy first. The other games in the ace attorney series and gonna be re-released on the switch next year.

Zero Escape (PS4) trilogy: ohhh it’s really good. It’s a puzzle game trilogy about 9 people trapped in an escape room and they have to escape before they die. The puzzles require a lot of thinking and the story takes a lot of twists. The first 2 games (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward) are on a bundle that goes on sale a lot and the last game (Zero Time Dilemma) is also pretty cheap. Very slept on game if you want a series with a good mystery and good characters.

AI: The Somnium Files (PS4/Switch): by the same person who made Zero Escape. It’s about a detective who lost his memory who is investigates serial killings and looks for clues in suspects minds. Very good visual novel and very silly. Also has a sequel, Nirvana Initiative, which is better than the first game! Zero Escape and AI are not connected in any way but I recommend playing Zero Escape first.

I could recommend more. I think visual novels are slept on a lot as a video game genre lol
I have a few to shill lol you said you liked stories in games so have some you could play!

Ghost Trick (Switch/PS4): if you only play one game I recommend PLEASE play this one. It’s a remaster of the original DS port. It’s a puzzle/mystery novel game. I can’t really talk about why you should play it without spoiling 90% of the game but it’s probably one of the best mystery games of all time. Just trust me I won’t let you down

Ace Attorney trilogy (PS4/Switch)/Great Ace Attorney (Switch): it’s by the same person who made Ghost Trick and probably the more popular of his stuff.
Really good visual novel/adventure about a lawyer (it’s really good I promise it’s better than it sounds). The original trilogy is on almost every system and goes on sale a lot. Great Ace Attorney is a spin-off so I would say play the trilogy first. The other games in the ace attorney series and gonna be re-released on the switch next year.

Zero Escape (PS4) trilogy: ohhh it’s really good. It’s a puzzle game trilogy about 9 people trapped in an escape room and they have to escape before they die. The puzzles require a lot of thinking and the story takes a lot of twists. The first 2 games (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue's Last Reward) are on a bundle that goes on sale a lot and the last game (Zero Time Dilemma) is also pretty cheap. Very slept on game if you want a series with a good mystery and good characters.

AI: The Somnium Files (PS4/Switch): by the same person who made Zero Escape. It’s about a detective who lost his memory who is investigates serial killings and looks for clues in suspects minds. Very good visual novel and very silly. Also has a sequel, Nirvana Initiative, which is better than the first game! Zero Escape and AI are not connected in any way but I recommend playing Zero Escape first.

I could recommend more. I think visual novels are slept on a lot as a video game genre lol
b475fdbf7abba9d7392a9af135ba67132dcc1c0f.gif

guy / +2 FRT / 25
forum pings on
Has anyone recommended Cassette Beasts yet? If yes, I second the recommendation. If no, Cassette Beasts is an amazing game and there's a new update coming out for it fairly soon. It's available on switch (which is the console I played it on) and steam. The switch version's performance was a little dodgy, but I played it literally right after it released and I know they've done a few performance patches. It's also only like $20 and goes on sale sometimes.
Has anyone recommended Cassette Beasts yet? If yes, I second the recommendation. If no, Cassette Beasts is an amazing game and there's a new update coming out for it fairly soon. It's available on switch (which is the console I played it on) and steam. The switch version's performance was a little dodgy, but I played it literally right after it released and I know they've done a few performance patches. It's also only like $20 and goes on sale sometimes.
I'd recommend Octopath Traveler II, Baba Is You, and Sky: Children of the Light for the Switch!

Octopath Traveler II is a beautiful RPG, and even though it's fairly long the story and characters keep you hooked. There's tons of voice acting and it's definitely a one up from the first game. The battle system also encourages strategy, but it's perfectly okay to brute force it like I do.

Baba Is You is a puzzle game where you can change the rules of the level to win! It's best to see it for yourself instead of having someone tell you about it, in my opinion. It's simple but fun.

And finally Sky: Children of the Light (or sky cotl) is free-to-play and online. It's a semi-relaxing game with wonderful graphics and a very friendly user-base. I play this game the most, as even though the main story can be played in a day, the game has seasons to keep it fresh. Just to warn you though, if you don't like being bombarded with the fear of missing out or don't like currency grinding, you might want to skip out.
I'd recommend Octopath Traveler II, Baba Is You, and Sky: Children of the Light for the Switch!

Octopath Traveler II is a beautiful RPG, and even though it's fairly long the story and characters keep you hooked. There's tons of voice acting and it's definitely a one up from the first game. The battle system also encourages strategy, but it's perfectly okay to brute force it like I do.

Baba Is You is a puzzle game where you can change the rules of the level to win! It's best to see it for yourself instead of having someone tell you about it, in my opinion. It's simple but fun.

And finally Sky: Children of the Light (or sky cotl) is free-to-play and online. It's a semi-relaxing game with wonderful graphics and a very friendly user-base. I play this game the most, as even though the main story can be played in a day, the game has seasons to keep it fresh. Just to warn you though, if you don't like being bombarded with the fear of missing out or don't like currency grinding, you might want to skip out.
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
Well if you like games with story, I happen to know a few that have some interesting lore and characters. Oneshot is one of my favorite games, it's a simple pixel game where you are tasked with helping a lost child named Niko get home (which includes quite a few fourth wall breaks and puzzles). Then there's also Hollow Knight which can be difficult at times but the deep lore is worth it in my opinion. Plus the art is just pretty. Rain World also falls into that category of "will actively try to make your life horrible but the lore and gameplay can be too addicting for you to throw in the towel". Plus that game has little slug cats :)
Well if you like games with story, I happen to know a few that have some interesting lore and characters. Oneshot is one of my favorite games, it's a simple pixel game where you are tasked with helping a lost child named Niko get home (which includes quite a few fourth wall breaks and puzzles). Then there's also Hollow Knight which can be difficult at times but the deep lore is worth it in my opinion. Plus the art is just pretty. Rain World also falls into that category of "will actively try to make your life horrible but the lore and gameplay can be too addicting for you to throw in the towel". Plus that game has little slug cats :)
LichenGills | Arcane | Story-based Lair

NN9NPXA.pngq3Me7tJ.png7T2NLyg.png
P9aWhak.pngFvSLVNv.pngqJFAY9h.png
40kx151.pngtyEuRXe.pngPnAMpIx.png

Other interests: Psychonauts, Axolotls, Mushrooms
since everyone has already recommended the games i was gonna add, i’m gonna go with just one. abzu is $20 and while it’s a game you can beat in like one or two sittings i think it’s well worth the money. it’s basically a game where you swim around with fish and solve some puzzles but the environments are absolutely gorgeous, the music is beautiful and atmospheric, and the swimming controls are actually some of the best i’ve seen. plus you can even ride some of the fish! if you have any interest in the ocean i’d highly recommend it (although it isn’t very thalassophobia friendly haha)

(also there’s a mode that lets you chill out and stare at fish. the game is so relaxing)
since everyone has already recommended the games i was gonna add, i’m gonna go with just one. abzu is $20 and while it’s a game you can beat in like one or two sittings i think it’s well worth the money. it’s basically a game where you swim around with fish and solve some puzzles but the environments are absolutely gorgeous, the music is beautiful and atmospheric, and the swimming controls are actually some of the best i’ve seen. plus you can even ride some of the fish! if you have any interest in the ocean i’d highly recommend it (although it isn’t very thalassophobia friendly haha)

(also there’s a mode that lets you chill out and stare at fish. the game is so relaxing)
IMG-8937.jpg art shopaccent shop
I recommend The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
It’s an updated version of the regular Stanley parable and you can play on more things.

It’s a indie game and I can play it for hours and hours without getting bored.
If you want more info on the game itself I’d look it up because I’m awful at explaining things.

I recommend The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
It’s an updated version of the regular Stanley parable and you can play on more things.

It’s a indie game and I can play it for hours and hours without getting bored.
If you want more info on the game itself I’d look it up because I’m awful at explaining things.

C6-A7-C47-A-0-AD2-4017-AB8-B-63-E385-AA680-A.png1-FAF2-CCD-14-FF-4-BA7-A01-B-9840-E7-B9-E4-F9.pngF038-A574-6-B2-F-42-F1-8-D94-F3-F28-BE397-B8.png
Ys 8 is honestly one of my favorite games of all time. Its kinda a Zelda like, but its more RPG leaning. Ys doesn't require you to play the previous games, they're good as standalone titles. There will just be references that you'll won't get.

DANA FOREVER!
Ys 8 is honestly one of my favorite games of all time. Its kinda a Zelda like, but its more RPG leaning. Ys doesn't require you to play the previous games, they're good as standalone titles. There will just be references that you'll won't get.

DANA FOREVER!
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o4_r1_100.gif

WvEXipG.pngnuDdgOy.png
lSyxazy.pngcdqdRxL.png
kCHWEjf.pngjo4fU6U.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
1 2 3 4