Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fans of the Raksura books?
1 2
I discovered the books of the Raksura from the wonderful Martha Wells kind of late. I know she's better known for her Murderbot series, which are also great. But I wonder if there are other fans of the Raksura books out there? I'd love to meet others!
As a side note I also find it very fun that Undel herself is, as she's responsible for some of the coolest Raksura fanart
I discovered the books of the Raksura from the wonderful Martha Wells kind of late. I know she's better known for her Murderbot series, which are also great. But I wonder if there are other fans of the Raksura books out there? I'd love to meet others!
As a side note I also find it very fun that Undel herself is, as she's responsible for some of the coolest Raksura fanart
WCnfyEV.jpg
Bump!
Bump!
WCnfyEV.jpg
Hey, I'm a fan of some of Martha Wells' other works (The Murderbot Diaries to be specific) but I have yet to read Books of the Raksura. Definitely on my list though!
Hey, I'm a fan of some of Martha Wells' other works (The Murderbot Diaries to be specific) but I have yet to read Books of the Raksura. Definitely on my list though!
zdkBiZa.png
i read them and i love the first three! the two story collections, some i love and some i didn't, and then i had mixed feelings about the final two books. but as i said i love the first three. chime was my favorite character though i love moon too and even have a dragon named after him! he's not a fandragon, he's just named after him, but he makes me think of the books every time i look at him ^-^ [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67168481][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/671685/67168481_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
i read them and i love the first three! the two story collections, some i love and some i didn't, and then i had mixed feelings about the final two books. but as i said i love the first three. chime was my favorite character though i love moon too and even have a dragon named after him! he's not a fandragon, he's just named after him, but he makes me think of the books every time i look at him ^-^
67168481_350.png
hu72dVR.png
@Csevet I love this dragon, and I love your lair! Thank you for sharing ; w ; I loved the first three books as well, four and five were different but I still liked them a lot.
@Csevet I love this dragon, and I love your lair! Thank you for sharing ; w ; I loved the first three books as well, four and five were different but I still liked them a lot.
WCnfyEV.jpg
aah thank you! ^-^

i did like a lot about the fourth and fifth ones, especially moon's half brother and the fell queen <3 but the first three i've read multiple times i love them so much :D actually i want to read them again now from talking about them XD

also i meant to respond before that that is one of my all time favorite fanarts and i can't believe undel did it :o worlds collide!!

but i guess it does make sense because the raksura are kind of like dragon people? probably a lot of people hear would like them if they were better known
aah thank you! ^-^

i did like a lot about the fourth and fifth ones, especially moon's half brother and the fell queen <3 but the first three i've read multiple times i love them so much :D actually i want to read them again now from talking about them XD

also i meant to respond before that that is one of my all time favorite fanarts and i can't believe undel did it :o worlds collide!!

but i guess it does make sense because the raksura are kind of like dragon people? probably a lot of people hear would like them if they were better known
hu72dVR.png
Yeah I know--she's a wizard at drawing dragons and I also think a lot of people here would love it. They're matriarchal dragon shifters, what more can you want!
Yeah I know--she's a wizard at drawing dragons and I also think a lot of people here would love it. They're matriarchal dragon shifters, what more can you want!
WCnfyEV.jpg
@Ashanimus exactly! <3

and the world building is so awesome, all the different types of beings, and the majority mostly getting along, and i love the signs of civilizations past that are just there as relics, the huge road and the floating islands and such ^-^

also have you read murderbot? i read it before the books of the raksura and it was really interesting to me to see how martha wells kind of had glimmers of murderbot's personality in moon. of course moon is a very different person than murderbot, but just some aspects of him compared to murderbot were interesting from a writing standpoint, and i even felt that a little bit with stone and art
@Ashanimus exactly! <3

and the world building is so awesome, all the different types of beings, and the majority mostly getting along, and i love the signs of civilizations past that are just there as relics, the huge road and the floating islands and such ^-^

also have you read murderbot? i read it before the books of the raksura and it was really interesting to me to see how martha wells kind of had glimmers of murderbot's personality in moon. of course moon is a very different person than murderbot, but just some aspects of him compared to murderbot were interesting from a writing standpoint, and i even felt that a little bit with stone and art
hu72dVR.png
The Raksura books were my first introduction to her writing. Such a massive breadth of imagination!
The Raksura books were my first introduction to her writing. Such a massive breadth of imagination!
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
@ceiswyn they really are! i love in the second one when they realize that not only is the city built on the back of a giant sea beast but there are people living in it. the fact that it is so big that its parasites are a type of people was so fascinating (and so horrifying lol)

and i just love moon's journey across the series <3

i am curious about her other fantasy series, ile rien i think it might be called? i love murderbot and the books of raksura so much. but i also know it's her first series so i have heard her writing is less developed in it. i'd still like to try them some day though!
@ceiswyn they really are! i love in the second one when they realize that not only is the city built on the back of a giant sea beast but there are people living in it. the fact that it is so big that its parasites are a type of people was so fascinating (and so horrifying lol)

and i just love moon's journey across the series <3

i am curious about her other fantasy series, ile rien i think it might be called? i love murderbot and the books of raksura so much. but i also know it's her first series so i have heard her writing is less developed in it. i'd still like to try them some day though!
hu72dVR.png
1 2