Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Sleeping
1 2 3
I get around 7.5-8hrs a night. The older I get, the earlier I want to be in bed, though, lol
I'm trying to be really consistent with my sleep schedule for my mental health and so far so good :)
I get around 7.5-8hrs a night. The older I get, the earlier I want to be in bed, though, lol
I'm trying to be really consistent with my sleep schedule for my mental health and so far so good :)
TO5f5vS.pngp5Y4Rj3.png
3adgzZD.pngmlHpBMC.png

o6n8ZXM.png3I473vH.png
GgsD4JX.png o9yS1eq.png
n2h1rdv.png
7UXlQKU.gif
Honestly it depends on if I'm on a work placement, doing daywork, nights, at uni or on leave. I'm training to work on ships and watchkeeping hours def reduce sleep time, as does that ship's preference to if you sleep or not during rest breaks during daytime.

Night watches can net me 6 hours minimum and these also dictate when I sleep which means I can be going to bed/napping at real weird times. It also means I can fall asleep just about any time of day and reliably wake up before my alarm now.
Sometimes ships get real funny on us napping during daytime work breaks but if they're chill I can get up to 3.5 extra hours in during my daytime break. But if I've got a chill ship that actually prefers us to nap during daytime work breaks if I can or not depends on if I have any reports/papers to write or if I'm on top of things.

Daywork and uni classes I average out 8 to 9 hours. Sometimes I pick up odd habits that alter this slightly like last contract I consistently woke up at 5am for an hour then went back to sleep for the entire time I was on the ship, other times I sleep straight through until I had to get up at 7:30am.
Similarly, last uni semester I would wake up at 3am, talk to an American buddy for an hour then go back to sleep like clockwork without needing an alarm.

On leave I get anywhere from 4 to 10 plus hours. It's actually on leave that insomnia tends to kick in and screw things up, I never have sleeping issues on ship or at uni.
Honestly it depends on if I'm on a work placement, doing daywork, nights, at uni or on leave. I'm training to work on ships and watchkeeping hours def reduce sleep time, as does that ship's preference to if you sleep or not during rest breaks during daytime.

Night watches can net me 6 hours minimum and these also dictate when I sleep which means I can be going to bed/napping at real weird times. It also means I can fall asleep just about any time of day and reliably wake up before my alarm now.
Sometimes ships get real funny on us napping during daytime work breaks but if they're chill I can get up to 3.5 extra hours in during my daytime break. But if I've got a chill ship that actually prefers us to nap during daytime work breaks if I can or not depends on if I have any reports/papers to write or if I'm on top of things.

Daywork and uni classes I average out 8 to 9 hours. Sometimes I pick up odd habits that alter this slightly like last contract I consistently woke up at 5am for an hour then went back to sleep for the entire time I was on the ship, other times I sleep straight through until I had to get up at 7:30am.
Similarly, last uni semester I would wake up at 3am, talk to an American buddy for an hour then go back to sleep like clockwork without needing an alarm.

On leave I get anywhere from 4 to 10 plus hours. It's actually on leave that insomnia tends to kick in and screw things up, I never have sleeping issues on ship or at uni.
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
[quote name="aludesh" date="2022-08-23 20:48:17" ] could be anywhere from 3 to 14 yeah im uh not good at this sleeping thing [/quote]
aludesh wrote on 2022-08-23 20:48:17:
could be anywhere from 3 to 14

yeah im uh
not good at this sleeping thing
Rippling Cloth !

lev (he/him)
+0 fr time
pings/pms okay
friend requests okay
!!!

!!!
Despite me being tired literally all the heckdarn time, I sleep anywhere between 8-10 hours on average. Typically it's 8 as the mean average, but when I'm super zonked I can easily sleep 9-10
Despite me being tired literally all the heckdarn time, I sleep anywhere between 8-10 hours on average. Typically it's 8 as the mean average, but when I'm super zonked I can easily sleep 9-10
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
1 2 3