Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite books?
1 2
seconding the locked tomb series!!!!! i'm working my way through harrow the ninth right now >:3
i put myself on the hold list for gideon the ninth (book 1) at the library on a whim a few months ago and when it finally got to me i finished it so fast i went out and bought both books lol
the third one is coming out later this year, too, so you've got that to look forward to if you end up liking them!

i also really enjoy the expanse series! it has a wonderfully-done TV show as well, and i can't recommend both of them enough :D
it's one of the best book-to-screen adaptations i've ever encountered - if you try a bit of either and enjoy it i would strongly recommend both; the show isn't an exact translation but it's very faithful to the characters which imo is more important anyways haha
seconding the locked tomb series!!!!! i'm working my way through harrow the ninth right now >:3
i put myself on the hold list for gideon the ninth (book 1) at the library on a whim a few months ago and when it finally got to me i finished it so fast i went out and bought both books lol
the third one is coming out later this year, too, so you've got that to look forward to if you end up liking them!

i also really enjoy the expanse series! it has a wonderfully-done TV show as well, and i can't recommend both of them enough :D
it's one of the best book-to-screen adaptations i've ever encountered - if you try a bit of either and enjoy it i would strongly recommend both; the show isn't an exact translation but it's very faithful to the characters which imo is more important anyways haha
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
Call of the Wild is probably my all-time favorite book. It’s an oldie, but a goodie.
Call of the Wild is probably my all-time favorite book. It’s an oldie, but a goodie.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
@Xionahri
never heard of that one, but i'll put that on my list!! :D

@creosote
oh yeah!! i tried to borrow it yesterday, but it was unavailable, so i'm on the waiting list! i've also just started the expanse series! :)

@JoweeTheRaposa
ohh, that one! maybe I'll read it again someday! :o
@Xionahri
never heard of that one, but i'll put that on my list!! :D

@creosote
oh yeah!! i tried to borrow it yesterday, but it was unavailable, so i'm on the waiting list! i've also just started the expanse series! :)

@JoweeTheRaposa
ohh, that one! maybe I'll read it again someday! :o
720d787a082fabd805c2c4a095559d70101c4f02.gif
c8a381f20de8a53e445b48438e2cd943c17ef7a1.gif
ab06705d4be613d29b0dd368d4653fd08dbecd86.gif
722b5d7198051574667fd755170672d7c0a53c3c.gif
c575e5f1a299a1a03c8165376e03272fae4d3416.gif

>
Candlelit Path Exalt Rescue
>Star Quest
>Trading Post here!
>Wishlist!
Fenix.gif
I’m currently reading the red rising series! It’s pretty good so far only finished the first book
I’m currently reading the red rising series! It’s pretty good so far only finished the first book
wC5zS4I.pngobe1.pngcoatl-1.pngImp.pngSpiral.pngVZZZG9B.png
-The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater (gorgeous setting/description, I love the kelpies)

-The Giver - Lois Lowry (it's part of a quartet but I only like the first book tbh)

-The Westing Game - Ellen Raskin (I love puzzle books where all the strands come together at the end, very enjoyable to reread)

-When You Reach Me - Rebecca Stead (another one where all the strands come together at the end and rereading is very enjoyable)

...Personally I read a lot of MG/YA because I hate the 'romance' in anything marked Teen/Adult, so a lot of my favorites come from those genres, like the Ranger's Apprentice series. If you're interested in Westerns or would like to give them a try, Louis L'Amour is very enjoyable, I keep a large collection from him :)

-The Scorpio Races - Maggie Stiefvater (gorgeous setting/description, I love the kelpies)

-The Giver - Lois Lowry (it's part of a quartet but I only like the first book tbh)

-The Westing Game - Ellen Raskin (I love puzzle books where all the strands come together at the end, very enjoyable to reread)

-When You Reach Me - Rebecca Stead (another one where all the strands come together at the end and rereading is very enjoyable)

...Personally I read a lot of MG/YA because I hate the 'romance' in anything marked Teen/Adult, so a lot of my favorites come from those genres, like the Ranger's Apprentice series. If you're interested in Westerns or would like to give them a try, Louis L'Amour is very enjoyable, I keep a large collection from him :)

__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Hatchery
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
I really like *** by Micheal Brodsky! it's like if the worst Nero's Day at Disneyland songs were a book. also the house of the scorpion was really good, I've never read a teen book that manages to take about such dark and depressing edgelord manual in way that doesn't make me completely hate it, it good!
I really like *** by Micheal Brodsky! it's like if the worst Nero's Day at Disneyland songs were a book. also the house of the scorpion was really good, I've never read a teen book that manages to take about such dark and depressing edgelord manual in way that doesn't make me completely hate it, it good!
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
1 2