Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | TikTok: Good or Bad?
1 2 3 4 5
As someone who has never had a TikTok account nor has ever been on the platform, I have started considering if I should get it or not.

I am aware that there are both good and bad things on it, just like anywhere else on social media, and recently I've been torn whether or not I should join.

So of course I turned to the internet and a bunch of internet people for advice.

Please, discuss
As someone who has never had a TikTok account nor has ever been on the platform, I have started considering if I should get it or not.

I am aware that there are both good and bad things on it, just like anywhere else on social media, and recently I've been torn whether or not I should join.

So of course I turned to the internet and a bunch of internet people for advice.

Please, discuss
hello people of the internet
no I wasn't born in 2000 that's just my username
OrlEqVx.pngE3nmoMt.png
mlHpBMC.png
i like tiktok, but theres lots of toxicity. if you make sure you dont spend too much time on it or get involved in discourse, its a fun app! theres lots of different communities and plenty of nice people, but just like any social media, there are bad ppl too.

imo, i would just get it, and then if you hate it, you can just delete it!
i like tiktok, but theres lots of toxicity. if you make sure you dont spend too much time on it or get involved in discourse, its a fun app! theres lots of different communities and plenty of nice people, but just like any social media, there are bad ppl too.

imo, i would just get it, and then if you hate it, you can just delete it!
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

@addams

Those are good points! That's honestly how I feel with a lot of apps I get; if I don't like it then I'll just get rid of it.
@addams

Those are good points! That's honestly how I feel with a lot of apps I get; if I don't like it then I'll just get rid of it.
OrlEqVx.pngE3nmoMt.png
mlHpBMC.png
Better to watch than be a part of. The only reason I'd consider it, is for short vids of my animals being playful and/or just cute.

Once you start craving the popularity, it's all down hill from there. Then there's the people making those "hate myself" ones.. and I personally hate that kind of video :/
Better to watch than be a part of. The only reason I'd consider it, is for short vids of my animals being playful and/or just cute.

Once you start craving the popularity, it's all down hill from there. Then there's the people making those "hate myself" ones.. and I personally hate that kind of video :/
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
@kyrin18

Also important things! For myself personally, I don't like taking selfies/pictures of my own face. I don't think I look bad; I just... don't like to? So hypothetically, I would probably post videos without my face in it or post zero videos at all.
@kyrin18

Also important things! For myself personally, I don't like taking selfies/pictures of my own face. I don't think I look bad; I just... don't like to? So hypothetically, I would probably post videos without my face in it or post zero videos at all.
OrlEqVx.pngE3nmoMt.png
mlHpBMC.png
Yes, they are important.

Ngl, I get rather annoyed at seeing so many TikToks of people with faces full of make-up doing the whole "selfie/showoff" thing. Like, plz show me someone without even a drop of make-up on their face. Natural beauty still exists.

Anyway, just my opinion.
Yes, they are important.

Ngl, I get rather annoyed at seeing so many TikToks of people with faces full of make-up doing the whole "selfie/showoff" thing. Like, plz show me someone without even a drop of make-up on their face. Natural beauty still exists.

Anyway, just my opinion.
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
It has good and bad sides like all social media, but I can't recommend it because it harvests even more personal data than the Zucc's apps.
It has good and bad sides like all social media, but I can't recommend it because it harvests even more personal data than the Zucc's apps.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I tried it bc my brother loves it, he follows a lot of comedians on it

Personally I don’t understand the appeal of it

Even when I searched for content I normally enjoy (such as artwork and anime) I didn’t really find anything worth staying for

I tried it bc my brother loves it, he follows a lot of comedians on it

Personally I don’t understand the appeal of it

Even when I searched for content I normally enjoy (such as artwork and anime) I didn’t really find anything worth staying for

6nI5sr3.png UPbvkZE.png
As someone with A LOT of mental disorders; I love TikTok.

My FYP (For you Page based on things I like) is filled with a broad spectrum of things.

The humor on that app is ASTOUNDING. It's a great app to find people's stories and relate to them.

TikTok is how I found out I have Sensory Processing Disorder. It also taught me about my Borderline Personality Disorder and my ADHD.

TikTok has never diagnosed me but I took what I saw the app, researched it and applied my findings to my own traits and discussed them with my counselor.

Yes there is TRASH and cruelty on that app but it's the internet, you can never escape hate but there is also a lot of kindness and laughter and people to relate to.

I say go for it, search up things you like and see what you find, you may just learn something about yourself :)
As someone with A LOT of mental disorders; I love TikTok.

My FYP (For you Page based on things I like) is filled with a broad spectrum of things.

The humor on that app is ASTOUNDING. It's a great app to find people's stories and relate to them.

TikTok is how I found out I have Sensory Processing Disorder. It also taught me about my Borderline Personality Disorder and my ADHD.

TikTok has never diagnosed me but I took what I saw the app, researched it and applied my findings to my own traits and discussed them with my counselor.

Yes there is TRASH and cruelty on that app but it's the internet, you can never escape hate but there is also a lot of kindness and laughter and people to relate to.

I say go for it, search up things you like and see what you find, you may just learn something about yourself :)
Wishlist: In Profile
natureb1.pngnkHobD3.png
Bad- it is a nightmare for privacy, harvests your information, and shows your content to people near you geographically- because thats safe and good! (that was sarcasm. its... literally a deadly """feature""" of the app).

Watch tik tok compilations, watch them reposted on other platforms, but do not download that app if you value any privacy or digital safety.
tldr, seconding @fnich
Bad- it is a nightmare for privacy, harvests your information, and shows your content to people near you geographically- because thats safe and good! (that was sarcasm. its... literally a deadly """feature""" of the app).

Watch tik tok compilations, watch them reposted on other platforms, but do not download that app if you value any privacy or digital safety.
tldr, seconding @fnich
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
1 2 3 4 5