Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | DnD, anyone?
1 2 3 4 5
@unidra How big a time zone difference is there? As long as it isn't massive, and you all pick a time to convert to, scheduling usually isn't too hard. I have a game running right now with a six-hour timezone gap between the earliest and latest zone, and it works just fine!
@unidra How big a time zone difference is there? As long as it isn't massive, and you all pick a time to convert to, scheduling usually isn't too hard. I have a game running right now with a six-hour timezone gap between the earliest and latest zone, and it works just fine!
Y5CZ3PW.png
My name is Val and I love these buttons
k3qGxO2.pngWKtl2lb.pngmlHpBMC.png
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
@vacantlyamused

That's hopeful - thanks! It varies from 3 hours to 6 hours. Actually, I worded it wrong - the bigger problem is that we don't have an hour in common thanks to our weird work and life schedules, and COVID has not helped. But we're all slowly moving toward real work schedules instead of contract work schedules ("I'll find out tomorrow if I have time off!"), so maybe we'll finally have some time in common.
@vacantlyamused

That's hopeful - thanks! It varies from 3 hours to 6 hours. Actually, I worded it wrong - the bigger problem is that we don't have an hour in common thanks to our weird work and life schedules, and COVID has not helped. But we're all slowly moving toward real work schedules instead of contract work schedules ("I'll find out tomorrow if I have time off!"), so maybe we'll finally have some time in common.
LxbWmll.png
I love D&D and it's my main hobby for the past... nearly 12 years (I'm celebrating 23 in like 2 weeks). My favorite edition is 4e, but I write a lot of homebrew for D&D and also Pathfinder, and have at least 1 weekly session. I used to play A LOT, but lately I started university, and studies take away my time sadly. And yet, here is my all time favorite character that I ever played, Raga- A Half-Yeti Barbarian. [img]https://i.imgur.com/rEeFdaV.jpg[/img] (Art by greyarts_popov on Instagram)
I love D&D and it's my main hobby for the past... nearly 12 years (I'm celebrating 23 in like 2 weeks). My favorite edition is 4e, but I write a lot of homebrew for D&D and also Pathfinder, and have at least 1 weekly session.

I used to play A LOT, but lately I started university, and studies take away my time sadly.

And yet, here is my all time favorite character that I ever played, Raga- A Half-Yeti Barbarian.
rEeFdaV.jpg
(Art by greyarts_popov on Instagram)
x931SoZ.gifeASrqZ4.gift2xK9Rw.gif5s3HDgB.png
I am starting up my old homebrew campaign again, except IRL and not roll20.

Any tips for how to adjust? I relied a lot on the information I had on roll20, so was thinking maybe printing it out (I don't have a laptop for it).
I am starting up my old homebrew campaign again, except IRL and not roll20.

Any tips for how to adjust? I relied a lot on the information I had on roll20, so was thinking maybe printing it out (I don't have a laptop for it).
OjayHBU.png
DnD is becoming my obsession. Thanks to my friend, I am currently in two different campaigns with the same group since a random one shot is turning into something more. My characters are currently an elf fighter who looks like a giant rabbit and 2 sessions in has already made a blood pact with a 17 year old girl because he does not think before he acts. My other character is a human warlock that does not remember he is a prince of a war torn country (and does not care to remember, he is happy as he is). I'm not as attached to him though and am halfway hoping he will perish or leave the group so I can bring in a new character.

@Emibudle
Hello, yes, I would love to hear about your characters. Write me all the books on them you want! :D I am finding that I also enjoy playing fighters and barbarians, although my barbarian from an on hold campaign is in the body of a 14 year old and uses constitution as a modifier instead of strength. His tactical mind makes up for what he lacks though.
DnD is becoming my obsession. Thanks to my friend, I am currently in two different campaigns with the same group since a random one shot is turning into something more. My characters are currently an elf fighter who looks like a giant rabbit and 2 sessions in has already made a blood pact with a 17 year old girl because he does not think before he acts. My other character is a human warlock that does not remember he is a prince of a war torn country (and does not care to remember, he is happy as he is). I'm not as attached to him though and am halfway hoping he will perish or leave the group so I can bring in a new character.

@Emibudle
Hello, yes, I would love to hear about your characters. Write me all the books on them you want! :D I am finding that I also enjoy playing fighters and barbarians, although my barbarian from an on hold campaign is in the body of a 14 year old and uses constitution as a modifier instead of strength. His tactical mind makes up for what he lacks though.
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
I've been wanting to play a proper D&D game in forever, and while I've played a few 'games' you could call them, none of them were very good. Still haven't found a group to play a good old-fashioned well-RPed game with.
It's fun to hear everybody's stories though!
I've been wanting to play a proper D&D game in forever, and while I've played a few 'games' you could call them, none of them were very good. Still haven't found a group to play a good old-fashioned well-RPed game with.
It's fun to hear everybody's stories though!
I've run games as the GM more than I've been a player. I've run a few different campaigns. I'm currently running one game (Odyssey of the Dragonlords), playing in a homebrew one, and playing in a Monster of the Week game. I play both online and in person. My current character is named Oz, a harengon rogue/bard. They're a wreck lol. [img]https://res.cloudinary.com/noxi/image/upload/v1658639961/Oz_by_rocksnell.jpg[/img]
I've run games as the GM more than I've been a player. I've run a few different campaigns. I'm currently running one game (Odyssey of the Dragonlords), playing in a homebrew one, and playing in a Monster of the Week game. I play both online and in person.

My current character is named Oz, a harengon rogue/bard. They're a wreck lol.
Oz_by_rocksnell.jpg
CAJaTcp.png
hh5n4WA.png
bVV6yhw.png
JvUa9ma.png
gzlHZ53.png
5hF3FGk.png
5zPzNgV.pngDBFJoJn.pngiwOM9O6.pnglF3Hy2Z.pngqBNWrht.pngTJdobYa.pngTkQY47D.pnghaRlyz4.pngeRWUNjA.pngFRbWiYH.pngE3sjxsi.pngk2ms4YU.png8fuzhUG.gif
QNbfPfg.png
I adore DnD! I've DM'd a few games before (though the longest campaign I've run only went for 3-4 sessions maybe) and I've just started a new campaign my girlfriend is DMing :D
It's based on Curse of Strahd with a few twists (Strahd is a countess and there are hyenas instead of wolves, it's very cool) and my character is a dragonborn bard called Oxen!

His backstory is that he used to be a bronze dragon but was cursed to be stuck in a humanoid form, and decades later they're still trying to fit into society and find a way to cure their curse :>

My friend who's also playing has a great character too, she's playing a barbarian tabaxi-centaur chef who runs a food cart at a carnival. There's also a little goblin npc who's become the comedic relief of the campaign- little guy mostly gets shoved in the food cart's cupboards for safekeeping or plays cards strangely well given that it doesn't know the rules.

We're only a session into the campaign but I'm super hyped to keep playing, I haven't actually been on the player side of a campaign before and I'm having so much fun :D
I adore DnD! I've DM'd a few games before (though the longest campaign I've run only went for 3-4 sessions maybe) and I've just started a new campaign my girlfriend is DMing :D
It's based on Curse of Strahd with a few twists (Strahd is a countess and there are hyenas instead of wolves, it's very cool) and my character is a dragonborn bard called Oxen!

His backstory is that he used to be a bronze dragon but was cursed to be stuck in a humanoid form, and decades later they're still trying to fit into society and find a way to cure their curse :>

My friend who's also playing has a great character too, she's playing a barbarian tabaxi-centaur chef who runs a food cart at a carnival. There's also a little goblin npc who's become the comedic relief of the campaign- little guy mostly gets shoved in the food cart's cupboards for safekeeping or plays cards strangely well given that it doesn't know the rules.

We're only a session into the campaign but I'm super hyped to keep playing, I haven't actually been on the player side of a campaign before and I'm having so much fun :D
///////////tumblr_p5wzkf4NYZ1vamgqko1_100.png
DQR0xuP.png
FObX7rS.png
HdmxfuE.png
5hF3FGk.png
Pgv53XB.png
R5gBjNt.png ////////ebwdsO1.png
lord i love the concept of dnd so much and ive been on-and-off obsessed w it for the past couple of years but ive never managed to play a campaign in its entirety! i sort of spear-headed my schools DND club but i don't get along with a good 90% of the people in there so ive popped in on some sessions but i never really play. which is a SHAME because i really want to!!! but i just never learned the basics since playing with a group you dont get along with is quite possibly the worst thing ever and trying to find beginner friendly online campaigns is one of the hardest feats in my life.

my one (and only) dnd character ive actually played was a dwarf named crinkle who i still love though have only used like five times... rest in peace king gone but never forgotten!!
lord i love the concept of dnd so much and ive been on-and-off obsessed w it for the past couple of years but ive never managed to play a campaign in its entirety! i sort of spear-headed my schools DND club but i don't get along with a good 90% of the people in there so ive popped in on some sessions but i never really play. which is a SHAME because i really want to!!! but i just never learned the basics since playing with a group you dont get along with is quite possibly the worst thing ever and trying to find beginner friendly online campaigns is one of the hardest feats in my life.

my one (and only) dnd character ive actually played was a dwarf named crinkle who i still love though have only used like five times... rest in peace king gone but never forgotten!!
I'm getting into solo-playing DnD!
The interest to play any game like that is there for years now but finding a group on the country side in Germany is really hard and online isn't better either. I played "Das schwarze Auge" (The Black Eye?) solo but the system is way too difficult so I'm looking into DnD. And I'm not ready for an English speaking group XD"
I'm getting into solo-playing DnD!
The interest to play any game like that is there for years now but finding a group on the country side in Germany is really hard and online isn't better either. I played "Das schwarze Auge" (The Black Eye?) solo but the system is way too difficult so I'm looking into DnD. And I'm not ready for an English speaking group XD"
cbEt44U.pnglAR8cRt.pngiYZYA9W.png0jScwbh.png1HxhWtd.png6m2ResQ.pngfwf0oTL.pngIkvam99.pngYPCKcE0.pngh8GgOlC.png
dyZM6SW.png
1 2 3 4 5