General Discussion
Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What is the Onceler?
1 2
So, I wasn't on the internet when the Onceler was a thing,(some parts of rural america don't have viable internet options) and it just came up in this Human Baldwin thread. I tried looking it up, but that only lead to more confusion. Can someone explain?
So, I wasn't on the internet when the Onceler was a thing,(some parts of rural america don't have viable internet options) and it just came up in this Human Baldwin thread. I tried looking it up, but that only lead to more confusion. Can someone explain?
498.png 584.png A work in progress.
Oh god I’m having war flashbacks,,,

Okay the Onceler is a character out of a Dr Seuss book that was made into a movie called The Lorax. Long story short, he was one of Tumblrs sexy men back in the day & it sounds super weird but he had a massive fan base & a lot of AU versions of him were created lol

The Onceler fanbase was also probably the biggest influence on popular AUs within fandom today.

I also have to shamefully admit I was low key part of this fan base for a very short time & read fanfics of him.

Okay the Onceler is a character out of a Dr Seuss book that was made into a movie called The Lorax. Long story short, he was one of Tumblrs sexy men back in the day & it sounds super weird but he had a massive fan base & a lot of AU versions of him were created lol

The Onceler fanbase was also probably the biggest influence on popular AUs within fandom today.

I also have to shamefully admit I was low key part of this fan base for a very short time & read fanfics of him.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire/Zav
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
'Oh, there's no more to fear in death than in the changing of the seasons.'
I’d recommend watching this if you have the time, it explains it pretty well. Fair warning, it’s real long.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=us5Y_Kba7To
I’d recommend watching this if you have the time, it explains it pretty well. Fair warning, it’s real long.
ipnEeR0.png
Smitty
she/her
just vibing here
[quote name="zavodiila" date="2021-06-26 05:07:56" ] Oh god I’m having war flashbacks,,, Okay the Onceler is a character out of a Dr Seuss book that was made into a movie called The Lorax. Long story short, he was one of Tumblrs sexy men back in the day & it sounds super weird but he had a massive fan base & a lot of AU versions of him were created lol The Onceler fanbase was also probably the biggest influence on popular AUs within fandom today. I also have to shamefully admit I was low key part of this fan base for a very short time & read fanfics of him. [/quote] I had war flashbacks too dont worry +.+
zavodiila wrote on 2021-06-26 05:07:56:

I had war flashbacks too dont worry +.+
o4KdtaP.png
4ogWlJU.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
RRK8S82.pngpsOFjGK.pngdvMS65X.pnguIyVrkK.pngZ2Gz7Us.pngoDxwf8B.pngm5Wt3n0.png7elPyMO.pngTz9zkEa.png
kFLe76I.png
Sjp3ZvI.png

FpoRwnO.png542McN7.png
qLsXWsx.png
rnKnsgE.png
jA5A7gu.png
ePOliyb.png
[quote name="Nekromancy" date="2021-06-28 22:21:10" ] [quote name="zavodiila" date="2021-06-26 05:07:56" ] Oh god I’m having war flashbacks,,, Okay the Onceler is a character out of a Dr Seuss book that was made into a movie called The Lorax. Long story short, he was one of Tumblrs sexy men back in the day & it sounds super weird but he had a massive fan base & a lot of AU versions of him were created lol The Onceler fanbase was also probably the biggest influence on popular AUs within fandom today. I also have to shamefully admit I was low key part of this fan base for a very short time & read fanfics of him. [/quote] I had war flashbacks too dont worry +.+ [/quote] The raw panic I felt seeing this thread title... [emoji=wildclaw scared size=1]
Nekromancy wrote on 2021-06-28 22:21:10:
zavodiila wrote on 2021-06-26 05:07:56:

I had war flashbacks too dont worry +.+

The raw panic I felt seeing this thread title...
Kaleido
He/Him
ADHD
FR time +0
Please ping me!
yvMj9jM.png
oRkijoy.png
5hF3FGk.png

YMPbu9R.png
nature.gif MreCscM.png
Cursed. Cuuursed.
Cursed. Cuuursed.
Lore shop closed for good :(
stares blankly into the middle distance [quote name="smittyshitty" date="2021-06-26 07:28:02" ] I’d recommend watching this if you have the time, it explains it pretty well. Fair warning, it’s real long. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=us5Y_Kba7To [/quote] This is what I was going to recommend. It was a wild ride...
stares blankly into the middle distance
smittyshitty wrote on 2021-06-26 07:28:02:

This is what I was going to recommend. It was a wild ride...
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

The Onceler is a Dr. Seuss character, anybody who says anything more is hysterical and everything they say should be disregarded entirely.
The Onceler is a Dr. Seuss character, anybody who says anything more is hysterical and everything they say should be disregarded entirely.
"It is so easy to be hopeful in the daytime when you can see the things you wish on. But it was night, it stayed night. Night was striding across nothingness with the whole round world in his hands . . . They sat in company with the others in other shanties, their eyes straining against cruel walls and their souls asking if He meant to measure their puny might against His. They seemed to be staring at the dark, but their eyes were watching God."
I present to you a relic of those days. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/e09d2fe7084ef73e73e54cceeea3de9d/tumblr_mvctmoidA41rhi3feo1_1280.png[/img]
I present to you a relic of those days.

tumblr_mvctmoidA41rhi3feo1_1280.png

he/him
adult
2spirit
lf g1 waters
xxxxxqXmTPlc.png
[quote name="Maskemane" date="2021-06-29 21:25:54" ] I present to you a relic of those days. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/e09d2fe7084ef73e73e54cceeea3de9d/tumblr_mvctmoidA41rhi3feo1_1280.png[/img] [/quote] Okay cringe culture is bad and this was made by young girls harmlessly enjoying things and all of that, but come on. [i]Come on[/i]. You can’t tell me this isn’t at least a little funny.
Maskemane wrote on 2021-06-29 21:25:54:
I present to you a relic of those days.

tumblr_mvctmoidA41rhi3feo1_1280.png
Okay cringe culture is bad and this was made by young girls harmlessly enjoying things and all of that, but come on. Come on. You can’t tell me this isn’t at least a little funny.
TIQgb.gif5fQbe.gifi9lP7.gifBPvAg.gifHXig3.gifBhWF2.gifuOHEG.gifYyan8.gifawsm8.gifj28VC.gifVdVUJ.gifEg2Xl.gif
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.png
1 2