Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Lorwolf Thread ( Game launched )
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 56
Hey folks, it's Friday. Let's put the KS cross-site trading discourse down. Maybe some people went in with the intent to profit, but others have engaged in cross-site trading because they decided the site/game wasn't for them or whatever reason. It's too broad a brush to paint with, so to speak. Thank you!
Hey folks, it's Friday. Let's put the KS cross-site trading discourse down. Maybe some people went in with the intent to profit, but others have engaged in cross-site trading because they decided the site/game wasn't for them or whatever reason. It's too broad a brush to paint with, so to speak. Thank you!
Oh dang I forgot there was a lorwolf hub on FR

Anyways, enjoy looking at my den full of odd looking pups and the oddities that are my custom apparel. hope we can all have fun with our dragons and wolves without having too much discourse :)

My den
my custom apparel shop
Oh dang I forgot there was a lorwolf hub on FR

Anyways, enjoy looking at my den full of odd looking pups and the oddities that are my custom apparel. hope we can all have fun with our dragons and wolves without having too much discourse :)

My den
my custom apparel shop
S4mCDlY.png
DRGtUkN.png
4kH8Iym.png
du0Hpyr.png
nHNO6ou.png
nGiXbMP.png
I8qrrEJ.png
2mzinXE.png
rF31KIO.png

@ScreethTheMoth
psst to link your den, you have to link your profile, as your link will lead to my own den
@ScreethTheMoth
psst to link your den, you have to link your profile, as your link will lead to my own den
scout-tf2conga-low-res.gif
this your clan?
...is this a sig?
I have been hoarding over 200 wolves at this point. After dragon hell it’s wolf hell I guess
I have been hoarding over 200 wolves at this point. After dragon hell it’s wolf hell I guess
tDeKDnH.png8113890e65468d3e592e04d0586e31cc.pngss.png
I tried it out.

I LOVE:

The professions! You know how rare it is for Fishing to be fun for me in a game? It's always so tedious. Not in Lorwolf!

The way the auction house works; you can list and search to price check in the same window! I would love that to be possible here. I'd probably goof around on the AH way more.

The dealbreaker for me is that it seems to be Pay To Win at the moment.

The Campaign PVE is so cool and I love the concept, but it takes 100+ XP to level, and you get 1-2 XP per battle. Even though that battle takes like. 4 minutes. Legitimately - I'll find a battle, hit attack, and that's when I take my bathroom break/make a sandwich/etc because it takes SO long, lol. It wouldn't be so bad if you got decent XP from it, but it's always just 2 XP max so far. You level agonizingly slow, but the way the quests are designed, you don't level nearly fast enough. In addition, you seem to need to be a decent level to get a successful hunt - my wolves are level 2 and keep failing.

So, to progress in the game, you either need to grind ENDLESSLY, or....buy a wolf that's already leveled. With moonstones. The premium currency you can only get by spending real money.

I've seen this business model before. It makes it horribly tedious for the casual players and wildly OP for people who can spend money regularly on it, because the game creators *want* you to spend money. You usually see this most in "free" app games on the Play Store/Apple Store for your cell phone, and a lot of big games for the PC too.

My personal policy is that if a game makes me feel like I really, really need to spend money on it to play it correctly, I leave. Models like this encourage you with the "Ah, it's only a dollar!" little pack of Premium Currency and once you cross that line and justify it, before you know it, you've spent hundreds on the dang thing. This is by design and should not be rewarded, imo. I may come back to it in a few months and see how it is, but for now, that's a big nope from me.

By comparison, FR has never made me feel like I "need" to buy gems, and I've accumulated almost 20k of them without spending a dime just selling eggs and rare things I find. I definitely want more petsites that remind me of FR for variety for my ADHD brain, but I don't want to be automatically punished by a game because I don't want to toss money at it all the time either. If you can't make your game playable on the free tier, use the Buy to Play model. If you can't do that, it's far better if you adjust the balance of your game than to go P2W. I'm hoping they fix this, it seems like a lot of players on the forums there are also taking issues with this.
I tried it out.

I LOVE:

The professions! You know how rare it is for Fishing to be fun for me in a game? It's always so tedious. Not in Lorwolf!

The way the auction house works; you can list and search to price check in the same window! I would love that to be possible here. I'd probably goof around on the AH way more.

The dealbreaker for me is that it seems to be Pay To Win at the moment.

The Campaign PVE is so cool and I love the concept, but it takes 100+ XP to level, and you get 1-2 XP per battle. Even though that battle takes like. 4 minutes. Legitimately - I'll find a battle, hit attack, and that's when I take my bathroom break/make a sandwich/etc because it takes SO long, lol. It wouldn't be so bad if you got decent XP from it, but it's always just 2 XP max so far. You level agonizingly slow, but the way the quests are designed, you don't level nearly fast enough. In addition, you seem to need to be a decent level to get a successful hunt - my wolves are level 2 and keep failing.

So, to progress in the game, you either need to grind ENDLESSLY, or....buy a wolf that's already leveled. With moonstones. The premium currency you can only get by spending real money.

I've seen this business model before. It makes it horribly tedious for the casual players and wildly OP for people who can spend money regularly on it, because the game creators *want* you to spend money. You usually see this most in "free" app games on the Play Store/Apple Store for your cell phone, and a lot of big games for the PC too.

My personal policy is that if a game makes me feel like I really, really need to spend money on it to play it correctly, I leave. Models like this encourage you with the "Ah, it's only a dollar!" little pack of Premium Currency and once you cross that line and justify it, before you know it, you've spent hundreds on the dang thing. This is by design and should not be rewarded, imo. I may come back to it in a few months and see how it is, but for now, that's a big nope from me.

By comparison, FR has never made me feel like I "need" to buy gems, and I've accumulated almost 20k of them without spending a dime just selling eggs and rare things I find. I definitely want more petsites that remind me of FR for variety for my ADHD brain, but I don't want to be automatically punished by a game because I don't want to toss money at it all the time either. If you can't make your game playable on the free tier, use the Buy to Play model. If you can't do that, it's far better if you adjust the balance of your game than to go P2W. I'm hoping they fix this, it seems like a lot of players on the forums there are also taking issues with this.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
@GrimoireBlack
You didn't know about the battle refresh trick ? just hit refresh button after you click fight and battle start and you still get all xp and loot if your team can win that battle
Also the moonstone/pebbles problem will be adressed in June dev patch note as the devs promised, I agree too many things need ms and not enough pebbles sink so hope it will change soon
@GrimoireBlack
You didn't know about the battle refresh trick ? just hit refresh button after you click fight and battle start and you still get all xp and loot if your team can win that battle
Also the moonstone/pebbles problem will be adressed in June dev patch note as the devs promised, I agree too many things need ms and not enough pebbles sink so hope it will change soon
tDeKDnH.png8113890e65468d3e592e04d0586e31cc.pngss.png
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2023-06-04 04:01:47" ]In addition, you seem to need to be a decent level to get a successful hunt - my wolves are level 2 and keep failing.[/quote] Are you matching the synergies for Hunting quests? Admittedly, Hunting is my least used profession (was hoping during Beta that Hunting would be more of a "Find the Hidden Objects" game) but I don't send a hunt out unless synergies/levels show 100% chance.
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2023-06-04 04:01:47:
In addition, you seem to need to be a decent level to get a successful hunt - my wolves are level 2 and keep failing.

Are you matching the synergies for Hunting quests? Admittedly, Hunting is my least used profession (was hoping during Beta that Hunting would be more of a "Find the Hidden Objects" game) but I don't send a hunt out unless synergies/levels show 100% chance.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
Are you reading my mind, GrimoireBlack? Because this is exactly how I feel as well.

I'm so bored nowadays I'm willing to do anything to keep myself occupied, and the endless dailies Lorwolf has are very good at tickling my ADHD brain. I don't even mind the grindiness. But even with full days being spent mindlessly grinding and my vault starting to overflow with pebbles I don't feel like I'm really getting anywhere.

Base game currency is absolutely worthless. Premium currency, on the other hand, is only farmable in negligible quantities, expensive to buy with real $, and has most of the available content modeled with it in mind.
I feel like I downloaded a F2P AD-theater game off mobile marketplace instead of a new pet sim.

The more time I spend in it, the more it starts to feel like the staff saw how much money Google Play's free to pays churn out and decided that a petsite could become the same low-effort-high-profit goldmine.

Also, developer's update rolled around and I feel like it somehow made things worse? Idk, maybe that's just me, but I found the distraction poll and the dancing around the problem with a few expensive pebble familiars rather tone-deaf.

Also, unrelated to the economy, but it feels like the forums on Lorwolf are kinda, uh, dead. I know they have a huge Discord community or something like that but, frankly, I don't like Discord. It's fine if other people do, but I don't want to use it.
And sure — there are many people on FR as well who have their own Discord communities, but I never felt like I have to be a part of one to participate in, say, my Flight's activities.

The idea that I have to use a 3rd party software to communicate on a petsite irks me. I like the forums. Let's talk on the forums! Please! But even the main page of "lorwolf discussion" is nearly the same day by day, with maybe a new comment or two under the most popular thread.

The only active forums right now are the sales ones, and even those are mostly trading for off-site items. Doesn't make me feel too hopeful about the site's future tbh.
Are you reading my mind, GrimoireBlack? Because this is exactly how I feel as well.

I'm so bored nowadays I'm willing to do anything to keep myself occupied, and the endless dailies Lorwolf has are very good at tickling my ADHD brain. I don't even mind the grindiness. But even with full days being spent mindlessly grinding and my vault starting to overflow with pebbles I don't feel like I'm really getting anywhere.

Base game currency is absolutely worthless. Premium currency, on the other hand, is only farmable in negligible quantities, expensive to buy with real $, and has most of the available content modeled with it in mind.
I feel like I downloaded a F2P AD-theater game off mobile marketplace instead of a new pet sim.

The more time I spend in it, the more it starts to feel like the staff saw how much money Google Play's free to pays churn out and decided that a petsite could become the same low-effort-high-profit goldmine.

Also, developer's update rolled around and I feel like it somehow made things worse? Idk, maybe that's just me, but I found the distraction poll and the dancing around the problem with a few expensive pebble familiars rather tone-deaf.

Also, unrelated to the economy, but it feels like the forums on Lorwolf are kinda, uh, dead. I know they have a huge Discord community or something like that but, frankly, I don't like Discord. It's fine if other people do, but I don't want to use it.
And sure — there are many people on FR as well who have their own Discord communities, but I never felt like I have to be a part of one to participate in, say, my Flight's activities.

The idea that I have to use a 3rd party software to communicate on a petsite irks me. I like the forums. Let's talk on the forums! Please! But even the main page of "lorwolf discussion" is nearly the same day by day, with maybe a new comment or two under the most popular thread.

The only active forums right now are the sales ones, and even those are mostly trading for off-site items. Doesn't make me feel too hopeful about the site's future tbh.
dGVSNyM.png
Lol the developer update actually drove moonstone prices down quite a bit. If they keep up the new pebble releases, it won't be so bad. Now is an excellent time to buy moonstones if anyone has the envious 'too many pebbles' problem
Lol the developer update actually drove moonstone prices down quite a bit. If they keep up the new pebble releases, it won't be so bad. Now is an excellent time to buy moonstones if anyone has the envious 'too many pebbles' problem
tastefulmarketing.gif
I played for a couple days and I just haven;t really done more not really enjoying it lol.
https://www.lorwolf.com/Play/WolfDetails?id=16663
https://www.lorwolf.com/Play/WolfDetails?id=16664
Feel free to pm me on lorwolf if you want these two they're ugly cause I didn't plan out my starters range, I might come back in a couple years and see what's up but in the meantime might as well give these two away if anyone wants them for free.
I played for a couple days and I just haven;t really done more not really enjoying it lol.
https://www.lorwolf.com/Play/WolfDetails?id=16663
https://www.lorwolf.com/Play/WolfDetails?id=16664
Feel free to pm me on lorwolf if you want these two they're ugly cause I didn't plan out my starters range, I might come back in a couple years and see what's up but in the meantime might as well give these two away if anyone wants them for free.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 56