Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Horizon Zero Dawn
UPDATE: I just finished the DLC and returned to the main storyline but can I just say.... FROST AND FIRECLAWS?!?! Also Scorchers???? I never knew I needed both of these big scary idiots before now [emoji=spiral love size=2] The cauldron run was a blast! This entire DLC makes me even more stoked for the next episode in this universe's story and even more geeked to see so many fellow fans out here!!
UPDATE:

I just finished the DLC and returned to the main storyline but can I just say.... FROST AND FIRECLAWS?!?! Also Scorchers???? I never knew I needed both of these big scary idiots before now The cauldron run was a blast! This entire DLC makes me even more stoked for the next episode in this universe's story and even more geeked to see so many fellow fans out here!!
EOrlrwo.gif
@Kymeara I'm happy to hear you liked it!

And, God, I LOVE Scorchers. Big robo-pubbies, lemme pet...

The DLC has such amazing characters, right? I adore Aratak and Ourea and the whole datapoint storyline with Kenny, Anita, and CYAN does all sorts of stuff to my heart.
@Kymeara I'm happy to hear you liked it!

And, God, I LOVE Scorchers. Big robo-pubbies, lemme pet...

The DLC has such amazing characters, right? I adore Aratak and Ourea and the whole datapoint storyline with Kenny, Anita, and CYAN does all sorts of stuff to my heart.
The man who collects the animal figurines and his fun theories though. He's pretty cute with all his tries to figure out the distant past with so much passion.

He's possibly one of my favourite characters of this DLC.
The man who collects the animal figurines and his fun theories though. He's pretty cute with all his tries to figure out the distant past with so much passion.

Ace Flag
_
Statue of James Wolfe (click to see the fandragon and more info!)
[quote name="Ventoux" date="2021-03-05 04:49:02" ] The man who collects the animal figurines and his fun theories though. He's pretty cute with all his tries to figure out the distant past with so much passion. He's possibly one of my favourite characters of this DLC. [/quote] YES! Enjuk is soooooooo good! I love "foxes have red fur because they eat raw meat" because that's such a BRILLIANT deduction to make in a world where there are no other mammalian carnivores (that we've seen yet)! He's obviously a very smart guy! It's great!
Ventoux wrote on 2021-03-05 04:49:02:

YES! Enjuk is soooooooo good!

I love "foxes have red fur because they eat raw meat" because that's such a BRILLIANT deduction to make in a world where there are no other mammalian carnivores (that we've seen yet)! He's obviously a very smart guy! It's great!
@Vertibird
From our perspective his theories may seem funny and pure nonsense, but if we consider that the entire history and knowledge has been wiped out before game's events and everything that left is things like the figurines, then he surely can be named one of the most smart ones in the world.

Technically that theory about meat is even not really a completely nonsense theory, considering there exist (or likely from the game perspective existed) species that can get specific color from food, for example flamingos. That's wild!

@Vertibird
From our perspective his theories may seem funny and pure nonsense, but if we consider that the entire history and knowledge has been wiped out before game's events and everything that left is things like the figurines, then he surely can be named one of the most smart ones in the world.

Technically that theory about meat is even not really a completely nonsense theory, considering there exist (or likely from the game perspective existed) species that can get specific color from food, for example flamingos. That's wild!

Ace Flag
_
I intentionally avoided all spoilers when I got this game a year ago. I was NOT disappointed, and I have sunk dozens of hours into this game just wandering around and looking at the scenery. I've done two playthroughs of this game, the second being on very hard mode because I enjoyed it so thoroughly.

I think that I was the most impressed with the Cauldrons. The artistic design and lore surrounding them is so cool, and I'm always reluctant to leave them because I know I can't get back into them.

There's just a TON of sidestories and characters to get attached to, and the sheer amount of worldbuilding and lore packed into the game is extremely impressive. Finding all the ruins and realizing what happened to reset humanity back to caveman status was depressing as hell, but it kind of left me with an appreciation of modern society lol.

I think the biggest heartstomp in the game is when Aloy finds a room in the Gravehoard full of old messages and listens to the recording of the woman who was still sending messages to her most likely dead husband and hoping he'd come back to her so they could die together.

Until I can afford a PS5, I will intentionally avoid spoilers about HZD2 because I want to feel that sense of wonder that the first game brought me.
I intentionally avoided all spoilers when I got this game a year ago. I was NOT disappointed, and I have sunk dozens of hours into this game just wandering around and looking at the scenery. I've done two playthroughs of this game, the second being on very hard mode because I enjoyed it so thoroughly.

I think that I was the most impressed with the Cauldrons. The artistic design and lore surrounding them is so cool, and I'm always reluctant to leave them because I know I can't get back into them.

There's just a TON of sidestories and characters to get attached to, and the sheer amount of worldbuilding and lore packed into the game is extremely impressive. Finding all the ruins and realizing what happened to reset humanity back to caveman status was depressing as hell, but it kind of left me with an appreciation of modern society lol.

I think the biggest heartstomp in the game is when Aloy finds a room in the Gravehoard full of old messages and listens to the recording of the woman who was still sending messages to her most likely dead husband and hoping he'd come back to her so they could die together.

Until I can afford a PS5, I will intentionally avoid spoilers about HZD2 because I want to feel that sense of wonder that the first game brought me.
ybwf4f9.gif
@Kaio

Oh man, the spoiler part...

And the implication that the military was splicing together voice samples from the soldiers into messages home to hide the fact that they were dying in droves? That MESSED ME UP. Like really underrated moment of horror right there.
@Kaio

Oh man, the spoiler part...

And the implication that the military was splicing together voice samples from the soldiers into messages home to hide the fact that they were dying in droves? That MESSED ME UP. Like really underrated moment of horror right there.
@Vertibird

This game does a fantastic job of making you feel a sense of deep loss.

The end of Gaia PRIME was a complete gutpunch. You go through the mountain looking in all of the Alphas rooms, hearing them in recordings, be friends with each other, finding their shrine for Dr. Sobek, and get to get a glimpse of their lives before they were Alphas and just... finding them all dead at the very end was a pretty hollow moment. When you find out that Ted Faro killed all of them and then deleted Apollo, rendering all of that effort and sacrifice for nothing, reverting all of humanity back to zero in a moment of complete selfishness... man, I have never in a video game hated a villain more. And it's all hollow and helpless anger because the man is already dead and has been dead for centuries before the new age even began.
@Vertibird

This game does a fantastic job of making you feel a sense of deep loss.

The end of Gaia PRIME was a complete gutpunch. You go through the mountain looking in all of the Alphas rooms, hearing them in recordings, be friends with each other, finding their shrine for Dr. Sobek, and get to get a glimpse of their lives before they were Alphas and just... finding them all dead at the very end was a pretty hollow moment. When you find out that Ted Faro killed all of them and then deleted Apollo, rendering all of that effort and sacrifice for nothing, reverting all of humanity back to zero in a moment of complete selfishness... man, I have never in a video game hated a villain more. And it's all hollow and helpless anger because the man is already dead and has been dead for centuries before the new age even began.
ybwf4f9.gif
[font=Comic Sans MS]@Kaio Don't know if I have to continue the spoiler part so I do. [spoiler]Faro is [i]the best[/i] and [i]the worst[/i] villain at the same time. The best if it comes to how perfectly the creators made him, the worst as a type of villain he is. I mean, creators did a very good job in presenting him as a not completely obvious villain (like yeah he created bad machines but it was shown in "it was only a mistake" way) until *that* moment seen in GAIA Prime, and the worst thing about him is that he tries to justify his actions explaining that it'd be better for everyone and he had to do this. NO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO!!! Oh my Windsinger I hate him so much. [/spoiler] ----- [font=Comic Sans MS]A bonus wild theory for y'all: Could Helis be an incarnation of Ted Faro? [emoji=skydancer confused size=1]
@Kaio

Don't know if I have to continue the spoiler part so I do.

Faro is the best and the worst villain at the same time.
The best if it comes to how perfectly the creators made him, the worst as a type of villain he is. I mean, creators did a very good job in presenting him as a not completely obvious villain (like yeah he created bad machines but it was shown in "it was only a mistake" way) until *that* moment seen in GAIA Prime, and the worst thing about him is that he tries to justify his actions explaining that it'd be better for everyone and he had to do this. NO YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO!!!

Oh my Windsinger I hate him so much.

A bonus wild theory for y'all: Could Helis be an incarnation of Ted Faro?

Ace Flag
_