Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Games You Love
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I have so many things I could say here but I'll keep it simple

the Scribblenauts series of puzzle games doesn't get much attention, and also the similar series Drawn to Life. Drawn to Life just got a new game, though! After all these years...

Also the Professor Layton series - not many talk about it, but when you find a good community you'll find quite a welcoming presence. I'm still rather new to the series but the few places I've talked about it have been nice. And within the same universe, the spin off games Lady Layton and Layton Brothers are even more obscure. Of the two, I would reccomend Layton Bros, it plays like an Ace Attorney-style investigation with lots of things to inspect. Also Alfeindi is bae.
I have so many things I could say here but I'll keep it simple

the Scribblenauts series of puzzle games doesn't get much attention, and also the similar series Drawn to Life. Drawn to Life just got a new game, though! After all these years...

Also the Professor Layton series - not many talk about it, but when you find a good community you'll find quite a welcoming presence. I'm still rather new to the series but the few places I've talked about it have been nice. And within the same universe, the spin off games Lady Layton and Layton Brothers are even more obscure. Of the two, I would reccomend Layton Bros, it plays like an Ace Attorney-style investigation with lots of things to inspect. Also Alfeindi is bae.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
Yo kai watch was pushing and got some traction in like 2015 but its mostly died down especial after yo kai 2 and the mech didn't sell well as they wanted. It's been pretty slow since then.
I super regret not picking up a physical copy of yo kai blasters and 3 when they came out because they didn't make a lot of copies so they both go for over 100 bucks each now.
It really sucks because its still somewhat popular in japan and they already got yo kai watch 4 in 2019 and they said also in 2019 that they were going to do an english translation to release in the states but there hasn't been anything since then.
Me and other fans are still hopeful though since their worst performing yo kai translation still made enough money back to be still worth it.
Yo kai watch was pushing and got some traction in like 2015 but its mostly died down especial after yo kai 2 and the mech didn't sell well as they wanted. It's been pretty slow since then.
I super regret not picking up a physical copy of yo kai blasters and 3 when they came out because they didn't make a lot of copies so they both go for over 100 bucks each now.
It really sucks because its still somewhat popular in japan and they already got yo kai watch 4 in 2019 and they said also in 2019 that they were going to do an english translation to release in the states but there hasn't been anything since then.
Me and other fans are still hopeful though since their worst performing yo kai translation still made enough money back to be still worth it.
Penbaby5.png
I really like Frostpunk and Baba Is You, but I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned anywhere at all, outside of the two people who recced them to me
Frtostpunk is admittedly a pretty stressful resource management game, and Baba Is You is very... kind abstract puzzle game?
I really like Frostpunk and Baba Is You, but I don't think I've ever seen them mentioned anywhere at all, outside of the two people who recced them to me
Frtostpunk is admittedly a pretty stressful resource management game, and Baba Is You is very... kind abstract puzzle game?
UDzE7Lx.png
The Legendary Starfy was one of my favorite DS games when I was younger! I hardly ever hear anyone talk about it nowadays, but apparently it sold really well during its release week back in 2009. Never would've expected to get so much fun out of a game about a starfish going on an adventure to help out a space rabbit, haha. It's a shame that they finally decided to bring the series to North America and then just never made any more after that.
The Legendary Starfy was one of my favorite DS games when I was younger! I hardly ever hear anyone talk about it nowadays, but apparently it sold really well during its release week back in 2009. Never would've expected to get so much fun out of a game about a starfish going on an adventure to help out a space rabbit, haha. It's a shame that they finally decided to bring the series to North America and then just never made any more after that.
HxP6kXi.png xxx call me allude or ally | she / her | FR +2 | lore
[quote name="Xela" date="2021-01-28 17:18:12" ] The Devil may cry reboot that came out a few years back that everyone hated. I think it got a bit too much flack, if you treat it as it's own thing separate from the rest of the DMC series, it's actually a pretty solid hack 'n slash action game. Though the issue I have with it is how it tries way to hard to be edgy for the sake of being edgy and takes a vulgar approach to it. [/quote] I actually did a cosplay as this version of Dante.
Xela wrote on 2021-01-28 17:18:12:
The Devil may cry reboot that came out a few years back that everyone hated. I think it got a bit too much flack, if you treat it as it's own thing separate from the rest of the DMC series, it's actually a pretty solid hack 'n slash action game. Though the issue I have with it is how it tries way to hard to be edgy for the sake of being edgy and takes a vulgar approach to it.

I actually did a cosplay as this version of Dante.
Lore shop closed for good :(
[quote name="PizzaPasta" date="2021-02-20 22:44:08" ] fossil fighter 2 was the best and frontier was the most appalling thing to ever cross this plane of existence. [/quote] [font=American Gothic][size=4]Agree to disagree, Frontier is an unloved classic that brings a new life into an old game series. The Earth Dragon and the Dreadraven? *Chef's kisses*
PizzaPasta wrote on 2021-02-20 22:44:08:
fossil fighter 2 was the best and frontier was the most appalling thing to ever cross this plane of existence.
Agree to disagree, Frontier is an unloved classic that brings a new life into an old game series. The Earth Dragon and the Dreadraven? *Chef's kisses*
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
One of the most unpopular games that I absolutely adore is Scarface the world is yours. I remember playing it on my ps2 and liked it better than Gta SA. Its much more fun to play this game with game cheats & the graphics are good too. Awesome game from my childhood.
One of the most unpopular games that I absolutely adore is Scarface the world is yours. I remember playing it on my ps2 and liked it better than Gta SA. Its much more fun to play this game with game cheats & the graphics are good too. Awesome game from my childhood.
Heh... Peach Blood
Heh... Peach Blood
BEJVO.gif a3qxG.gif 7GQVm.gif 8SORr.gif T2BwT.gif
unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png
Drakengard and NieR ;u; Before Automata, Yoko Taro's games were pretty unpopular, especially in the west. I'm super excited for the remaster of Replicant!

And also the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series are criminally underrated, especially the DS games.
Drakengard and NieR ;u; Before Automata, Yoko Taro's games were pretty unpopular, especially in the west. I'm super excited for the remaster of Replicant!

And also the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series are criminally underrated, especially the DS games.
Nocta | she/they | +10 FR time
"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope."
6pMAXtp.jpg
Heroes of Might and Magic series.
Dont know if they are really that unpopular but sure never hear about it. My favorites games of all time, specially HoMM3.
Heroes of Might and Magic series.
Dont know if they are really that unpopular but sure never hear about it. My favorites games of all time, specially HoMM3.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12