Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Genshin Impact
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 335 336
I joined genshin on the launch week, forgot about it after the klee banner (I didn't get her :() and came back last month!! Ended up getting qiqi instead of xiao but at least that meant hu tao was guaranteed :D
My current party is chongyun, xingqiu, hu tao and ningguang/qiqi (i alternate between them)
You guys' hu tao fandragons are so pretty..... i hope I can make one for her soon as well :D
I joined genshin on the launch week, forgot about it after the klee banner (I didn't get her :() and came back last month!! Ended up getting qiqi instead of xiao but at least that meant hu tao was guaranteed :D
My current party is chongyun, xingqiu, hu tao and ningguang/qiqi (i alternate between them)
You guys' hu tao fandragons are so pretty..... i hope I can make one for her soon as well :D
ezgif-4-006973f70c23.pngezgif-2-483c2030dc58.pngezgif-4-f0a4a7ded4ed.png
oak/neo - 5+ FR time
I have heard of geshin impact but I'm not really sure what is it about because I've gotten some conflicting information. Mostly into open world games with a lot of customization that I can just play around with without having to worry about progress and stuff. I've heard from some that Geshin impact is like that and from others I've heard no.... So just kinda curious what you all think.
I have heard of geshin impact but I'm not really sure what is it about because I've gotten some conflicting information. Mostly into open world games with a lot of customization that I can just play around with without having to worry about progress and stuff. I've heard from some that Geshin impact is like that and from others I've heard no.... So just kinda curious what you all think.
@Khitch
I’m afraid Genshin mostly lacks customization, and is pretty much based on main quest progress. There are some things to do aside from that, but I don’t think you’d be able to play it like that for very long. It’s the kind of game where you have to grind for progress, and your ability to succeed has a lot to do with how much time you’re able to invest. I enjoy the running around and exploring, but at the end of the day, the world is only open to those who can fight the monsters they meet. It is not a peaceful wandering around game. It is an RPG with gacha mechanic that happens to also have a large open map.
@Khitch
I’m afraid Genshin mostly lacks customization, and is pretty much based on main quest progress. There are some things to do aside from that, but I don’t think you’d be able to play it like that for very long. It’s the kind of game where you have to grind for progress, and your ability to succeed has a lot to do with how much time you’re able to invest. I enjoy the running around and exploring, but at the end of the day, the world is only open to those who can fight the monsters they meet. It is not a peaceful wandering around game. It is an RPG with gacha mechanic that happens to also have a large open map.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
@Birdarang

Ah that's kinda a shame. Oh well though, thanks for the info. :)
@Birdarang

Ah that's kinda a shame. Oh well though, thanks for the info. :)
Who's excited about the upcoming Windbloom event? I watched the trailer and the Special Program and dude, I was so excited I had troubles sleeping XD
Who's excited about the upcoming Windbloom event? I watched the trailer and the Special Program and dude, I was so excited I had troubles sleeping XD
1YGrk6M.pngQB9Oxim.png
1zc6qYY.png
t9rE1A9.png
tsLqd7p.png4lx1JN4.png JvT6zxD.png
I want to play this game really badly but I just KNOW that if it’s as fun as I think it is it’ll definitely distract me from my classes, haha. Maybe over the summer I’ll give it a shot.
The character designs are fantastic though. Razor and Zhongli are probably my favorites. I remember seeing this green or blue haired guy that looked cute too.
I want to play this game really badly but I just KNOW that if it’s as fun as I think it is it’ll definitely distract me from my classes, haha. Maybe over the summer I’ll give it a shot.
The character designs are fantastic though. Razor and Zhongli are probably my favorites. I remember seeing this green or blue haired guy that looked cute too.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
ar 26 here
i got hu tao last week on a guaranteed wish, my first five star ever... she's pretty great
i also got xingqiu yesterday and i really would like him on my main team but i don't have enough to make a good build for him even though he's pretty good :(
i used up all i have for my main team (beidou, kaeye, hu tao, barbara) i was thinking about replacing barbara for xingqiu when i have the materials but she's a really good healer imo
oh also i recently levelled up beidou to 50 which was nice.... i love beidou
decisions decisions
ar 26 here
i got hu tao last week on a guaranteed wish, my first five star ever... she's pretty great
i also got xingqiu yesterday and i really would like him on my main team but i don't have enough to make a good build for him even though he's pretty good :(
i used up all i have for my main team (beidou, kaeye, hu tao, barbara) i was thinking about replacing barbara for xingqiu when i have the materials but she's a really good healer imo
oh also i recently levelled up beidou to 50 which was nice.... i love beidou
decisions decisions
..........................52927620204-00a57591c5-o.png
NAMEflightriisng.png
they/she :: FR+0
i love my partner :3
p90UoHj.png
[quote name="Flavourless" date="2021-03-07 20:31:47" ] @Khitch it is a gacha game and it does mainly rely on the main story quest but there are a ton of other features that you can experience at your own time and pace. In a way yes you can customize, in that you can pick your team, which will most likely be different then everybody elses and you can build it up on your own time the way that you want to, which i think is pretty customizable. and the large world map is MEANT to be explored, there are many mini quests like collecting specific items and filling out the map that i would consider pretty open world. yea its true that a lot of the gameplay is based on the story, but the open world and customizable aspects are definitely there. my main take away from your comment was "worry" though, and I think if your looking for something to play that's relaxing Genshin is definitely the way to roll. It's free tho! so you should try it out and report back! tell me if you agree or not after. there really isnt any consequences you can just uninstall it if you dont enjoy it :) [/quote] That might work. Been debating between geshin and warframe for a while :P
Flavourless wrote on 2021-03-07 20:31:47:
@Khitch

it is a gacha game and it does mainly rely on the main story quest but there are a ton of other features that you can experience at your own time and pace. In a way yes you can customize, in that you can pick your team, which will most likely be different then everybody elses and you can build it up on your own time the way that you want to, which i think is pretty customizable. and the large world map is MEANT to be explored, there are many mini quests like collecting specific items and filling out the map that i would consider pretty open world.

yea its true that a lot of the gameplay is based on the story, but the open world and customizable aspects are definitely there. my main take away from your comment was "worry" though, and I think if your looking for something to play that's relaxing Genshin is definitely the way to roll.

It's free tho! so you should try it out and report back! tell me if you agree or not after. there really isnt any consequences you can just uninstall it if you dont enjoy it :)
That might work. Been debating between geshin and warframe for a while :P
I'm AR52 on Genshin and I love this darn game. I'm a Xiao, Diluc, Childe (Tartaglia) "fanatic". Diluc was the first 5 star I pulled and I was ecstatic, because his trial made him feel so damn smooth with his animations.

Childe I sympathised with after his characer story so, dangit, I did between 20 and 30 pulls on his banner and won the 50/50 with RNG. Xiao is just a precious, damaged bean. He needs a hug and a lifetime supply of Almond Tofu.

I'm spinning my wheels trying to get good artifacts for Bennett so that I have a decent support for my 2nd Team in the Spiral Abyss, but today I was levelling artifacts on Qiqi and she gained approx 40% crit DMG from all the "increases a random stat" rolls.

The fact that I have yet to lose a 50/50 on a banner does scare me, however.
I'm AR52 on Genshin and I love this darn game. I'm a Xiao, Diluc, Childe (Tartaglia) "fanatic". Diluc was the first 5 star I pulled and I was ecstatic, because his trial made him feel so damn smooth with his animations.

Childe I sympathised with after his characer story so, dangit, I did between 20 and 30 pulls on his banner and won the 50/50 with RNG. Xiao is just a precious, damaged bean. He needs a hug and a lifetime supply of Almond Tofu.

I'm spinning my wheels trying to get good artifacts for Bennett so that I have a decent support for my 2nd Team in the Spiral Abyss, but today I was levelling artifacts on Qiqi and she gained approx 40% crit DMG from all the "increases a random stat" rolls.

The fact that I have yet to lose a 50/50 on a banner does scare me, however.
WKtl2lb.pngYMPbu9R.pngBS4vqBB.png
Old Dragon Enjoyer
@Khraylen I'm with you on the first two but not even his character story could get me to like Childe. Though it did make me hate him less. I've lost the 50/50 twice and got Diluc both times. Which is fine because the second I got him I made him my main. (Sorry Xiangling). Xiao is now my second team main. That is awesome that you've gotten that lucky to not loose the 50/50, I actually hope it stays that way because that would be so cool. [emoji=fae star size=1] I [i]hate[/i] artifact grinding. I need a witch set for both Diluc and Klee but that domain is awful. So Diluc is rocking a decent Glad set and is going to stay that way for awhile, unless I get god tier rolls. I actually like farming mats for leveling and ascension better than artifact grinding. So now that I'm camping at AR50 I'm doing what all the Genshin advice says not to do...leveling a bunch of characters 'cause I'd rather do that than artifacts. Whoa that is a lot of Crit Dmg, up side though is depending on the set if you've got a character you like better than her you can give them it. Its how my Xiao got his artifacts, stole a couple from Sucrose.
@Khraylen
I'm with you on the first two but not even his character story could get me to like Childe. Though it did make me hate him less.

I've lost the 50/50 twice and got Diluc both times. Which is fine because the second I got him I made him my main. (Sorry Xiangling). Xiao is now my second team main.
That is awesome that you've gotten that lucky to not loose the 50/50, I actually hope it stays that way because that would be so cool.

I hate artifact grinding. I need a witch set for both Diluc and Klee but that domain is awful. So Diluc is rocking a decent Glad set and is going to stay that way for awhile, unless I get god tier rolls. I actually like farming mats for leveling and ascension better than artifact grinding. So now that I'm camping at AR50 I'm doing what all the Genshin advice says not to do...leveling a bunch of characters 'cause I'd rather do that than artifacts.

Whoa that is a lot of Crit Dmg, up side though is depending on the set if you've got a character you like better than her you can give them it. Its how my Xiao got his artifacts, stole a couple from Sucrose.
I will buy Insects, PM me.
f5IQTkD.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 335 336