Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things that scare you
1 2 3 4 5 6
dying
heights
spiders
snakes
losing loved ones
dying
heights
spiders
snakes
losing loved ones
CUnQdgy.png
Besides my various phobias (the ocean (not very impactful where I live) and bugs (sometimes extraordinarily debilitating)), I gave myself a whole other anxiety disorder with my inability to stop obsessively thinking about my own death and what the circumstances would be like, what I would be thinking, whether I would know I was about to die, etc., etc. So now I have health anxiety too.
Besides my various phobias (the ocean (not very impactful where I live) and bugs (sometimes extraordinarily debilitating)), I gave myself a whole other anxiety disorder with my inability to stop obsessively thinking about my own death and what the circumstances would be like, what I would be thinking, whether I would know I was about to die, etc., etc. So now I have health anxiety too.
FD1rkPC.png
Where my mind has been lately...
Where my mind has been lately...
Half an Egg Challenge
Cheap, Derpy Art
The Spear Games (Day 2)

LJfZA40.pngmlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

70662466p.png Velrosan2023.png

For me it's loud sounds in confined spaces. I absolutely cannot stand those super loud industrial strength hand dryers in public bathrooms, they're so loud I can't hear anything else which is the scary part I think, not being able to hear someone sneaking up on you. Also when I blowdry my hair the bathroom door has to be locked cause the loud noise in the small space fReAkS mE oUt
For me it's loud sounds in confined spaces. I absolutely cannot stand those super loud industrial strength hand dryers in public bathrooms, they're so loud I can't hear anything else which is the scary part I think, not being able to hear someone sneaking up on you. Also when I blowdry my hair the bathroom door has to be locked cause the loud noise in the small space fReAkS mE oUt
Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
Free dragons at this link! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2950833
cramped spaces/ie claustrophobia
losing my best friends
people I don't know/strangers and very large crowds (except on the internet aha)
all insects/ie entomophobia (excluding a very bare few, like for example I love spiders??)
heights and being in an airplane
the ocean
pain in general

WoC from KH because those laser attacks scarred me for life
cramped spaces/ie claustrophobia
losing my best friends
people I don't know/strangers and very large crowds (except on the internet aha)
all insects/ie entomophobia (excluding a very bare few, like for example I love spiders??)
heights and being in an airplane
the ocean
pain in general

WoC from KH because those laser attacks scarred me for life
[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/vHYbsqNy/9-M0-GVxc-1.png[/img][/url] [color=#822107] [font=duality.ttf][size=3] Big things that people are most commonly afraid of I don't find myself being particularly scared of, such as death, spiders, snakes, etc. but there are some things that tend to really spook me, particularly lethal diseases/conditions, heights, (which I can see is a little hypocritical since I don't really find death too scary but I guess they do) and the mystery of what the afterlife may be, if there is one. That's probably the biggest concern I have about death but my theories from evidence of an afterlife tend to help comfort me about those concerns. Also loud sounds. Could be any sound, I just get freaked out from them.
9-M0-GVxc-1.png

Big things that people are most commonly afraid of I don't find myself being particularly scared of, such as death, spiders, snakes, etc. but there are some things that tend to really spook me, particularly lethal diseases/conditions, heights, (which I can see is a little hypocritical since I don't really find death too scary but I guess they do) and the mystery of what the afterlife may be, if there is one. That's probably the biggest concern I have about death but my theories from evidence of an afterlife tend to help comfort me about those concerns.
Also loud sounds. Could be any sound, I just get freaked out from them.

repent-1.png
Spiders. It's not that I have an irrational fear or anything, and I'd go so far as to touch them. But whenever I see one I'm caught off guard and they instantly trigger my fight or flight response. I guess spiders are just biologically hardwired into me to be scary.
Spiders. It's not that I have an irrational fear or anything, and I'd go so far as to touch them. But whenever I see one I'm caught off guard and they instantly trigger my fight or flight response. I guess spiders are just biologically hardwired into me to be scary.
Gcwdq5a.png
-Moths. Had some bad times with moths, and I want nothing to do with them at all. Horrible bugs.

-Darkness- not darkness or night itself, but the idea that there might be something there and I can't see it. I have no clue if something's watching me from the living room door since I can't see it.

-Disease- specifically the more horrifying ones. Nope nope nope I don't want to see or get that. Keep it away from me. (Mutations and stuff are fine, diseases are not.)
-Moths. Had some bad times with moths, and I want nothing to do with them at all. Horrible bugs.

-Darkness- not darkness or night itself, but the idea that there might be something there and I can't see it. I have no clue if something's watching me from the living room door since I can't see it.

-Disease- specifically the more horrifying ones. Nope nope nope I don't want to see or get that. Keep it away from me. (Mutations and stuff are fine, diseases are not.)
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Radiation.
Can't see it, can't hear it, can't smell it... shall I go on? I mean... okay you can see the effects of radiation on photos and feel pins and needles on your tongue if it's really really bad but you get what I mean.
Read some horror story about three russian men who found some radioactive metal objectin the woods and they just picked it up because it was all nice and warm. I remember one of them suffered over a year... I saw the photos and holy hell. Poor dude.

Also parasites!
I'm not talking about fleas but the ones who are a bit more... on the inside. Worms, brain eating amoeba, fungi that turn their victims into zombies... *shudders*
Tarantulas, snakes, scorpions are big enough to spot them and they just bite you and it's over (meaning the damage is done and the outcome just depends on the toxin) I actually handled all three of them at some point in my life and while I was very nervous I wasn't afraid. BUT PARASITES.. they are sneaky and mess you up.

Last thing, sounds a bit lame but it's what affects me the most in my life:
confrontation, talking to strangers, just being outside where people can see me.
To make it short: diagnosed with social anxiety disorder for 12 years now. :I
Radiation.
Can't see it, can't hear it, can't smell it... shall I go on? I mean... okay you can see the effects of radiation on photos and feel pins and needles on your tongue if it's really really bad but you get what I mean.
Read some horror story about three russian men who found some radioactive metal objectin the woods and they just picked it up because it was all nice and warm. I remember one of them suffered over a year... I saw the photos and holy hell. Poor dude.

Also parasites!
I'm not talking about fleas but the ones who are a bit more... on the inside. Worms, brain eating amoeba, fungi that turn their victims into zombies... *shudders*
Tarantulas, snakes, scorpions are big enough to spot them and they just bite you and it's over (meaning the damage is done and the outcome just depends on the toxin) I actually handled all three of them at some point in my life and while I was very nervous I wasn't afraid. BUT PARASITES.. they are sneaky and mess you up.

Last thing, sounds a bit lame but it's what affects me the most in my life:
confrontation, talking to strangers, just being outside where people can see me.
To make it short: diagnosed with social anxiety disorder for 12 years now. :I
2aoyUTU.png
TW: Don't read if you have a fear of the dark!

You're not scared of the dark itself, you're scared of not being alone in the dark.
TW: Don't read if you have a fear of the dark!

You're not scared of the dark itself, you're scared of not being alone in the dark.
bbbbbbbb.png16454.png sprites.png

coatlshoppe.png
1 2 3 4 5 6