Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any Tips for Memorization?
1 2
Practicing before bedtime helps to remember things like that. And the more "in the moment" and attentive you are, the more easily it all settles in.

(But don't mix "attention" and "tense focus" - the latter is not what I mean. I mean the "wow, first day of learning language X, how very interesting!" interest that ensured I know the two phrases we learned that day as well as my native tongue :D).
Practicing before bedtime helps to remember things like that. And the more "in the moment" and attentive you are, the more easily it all settles in.

(But don't mix "attention" and "tense focus" - the latter is not what I mean. I mean the "wow, first day of learning language X, how very interesting!" interest that ensured I know the two phrases we learned that day as well as my native tongue :D).
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
@Svecounia72

Well it seems like I'll have to get used to hearing my own voice over recordings if I try that out, that'll be a wonderful ride for me ahah ^^

@Snowwall

Makes sense! It's strange how memorization works before bedtime, but it does happen to work :>

Thank you both !
@Svecounia72

Well it seems like I'll have to get used to hearing my own voice over recordings if I try that out, that'll be a wonderful ride for me ahah ^^

@Snowwall

Makes sense! It's strange how memorization works before bedtime, but it does happen to work :>

Thank you both !
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
74982257_RhURIxj7VSkwSd5.gif
@tokaiiu
While you sleep, your brain re-orders the day's happenings and stores them for safekeeping. Even a 5-minute nap "solidifies" newly-acquired skills and information, as Josh Kaufman says in his "The First 20 Hours — How To Learn Anything" (he was doing it for "skills", I was doing it for "school poetry"). Stands to reason.

And, since "the first" and "the last" bits are the most memorable, if you don't read other information between practice and sleep, the effect is greater. No bedtime stories, alas :D
@tokaiiu
While you sleep, your brain re-orders the day's happenings and stores them for safekeeping. Even a 5-minute nap "solidifies" newly-acquired skills and information, as Josh Kaufman says in his "The First 20 Hours — How To Learn Anything" (he was doing it for "skills", I was doing it for "school poetry"). Stands to reason.

And, since "the first" and "the last" bits are the most memorable, if you don't read other information between practice and sleep, the effect is greater. No bedtime stories, alas :D
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
@Snowwall

Ohh I see, how interesting! Thank you for this new information :o

it's amazing how the brain works..!
@Snowwall

Ohh I see, how interesting! Thank you for this new information :o

it's amazing how the brain works..!
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
I'm unsure if anyone would still be interested in looking at this thread, but I performed my monologue today!

I feel like I did well and I'm content with how I did :]

Thanks to everyone who suggested ways for memorizing! It was really interesting to see different techniques and I notice how each different one helps!

I hope you all had a good day !!
I'm unsure if anyone would still be interested in looking at this thread, but I performed my monologue today!

I feel like I did well and I'm content with how I did :]

Thanks to everyone who suggested ways for memorizing! It was really interesting to see different techniques and I notice how each different one helps!

I hope you all had a good day !!
Kaito%20mini%20sit.png
! tokii !
(she/they)
art hobbyist
---
Carrd
Toyhouse
1 2