Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What brings you joy?
1 2 3
[1] Seeing people like the stuff I do
It applies to hatchlings too, but I like doing art trades and posting writing 'n stuff because of the views; not in a "guh, I want more attention!" type thing, but more of a "hey, looks like two people took time out of their day just to click on my book". And if I suddenly get three more views or smth, that means that they kept reading :)
Bit of a tangent but I just got my first comment today on a book that I was passionate about a few months ago (I sorta dropped it since I lost interest) and I think I might pick it back up.

[2] That being said, writing and drawing
I know a lot of people have mentioned art before so I guess I'll just keep talking about writing. I also read a bit [mostly online nowadays, it's fun checking into books that had a cliffhanger and seeing a new post, and getting to interact with the author] and whenever I see a new word that I like, I can't stop thinking about how I can use it in my own writing. It makes for some awkward sentences because I really want to put it in but it's okay.

[3] Whatever I'm currently interested in
I'm not going to say it because if I say one thing, it's gonna lead to another and another and then I won't stop. But it's usually a show/book series that I'm really into and I have a lot of fun analyzing the characters, researching the VAs/artists involved, looking at behind-the-scenes footage, etcetera.

[4] Friends, online or irl
Because of Covid, a lot of my friends are online right now but that's okay. I have two that I've gotten real close to in the past month or so, and I'm just lucky they let me talk to them despite not really knowing how servers on discord worked and what some things mean (like . . . "pog" . . .). I've learned since then but yeah :)
I could also talk about them for a long time but to sum it up they're great and I'd give them the world if they asked for it.
also one of them sometimes checks my forum posts, so if you're here, hi colgate, this is about you and vismo :)))))))))))))))

[5] Science/genetics
Genetics is cool. It's underrated and I always need to learn more. I could also talk about it for a while so I'll stop now.
On the topic of science, Science Olympiad is also really cool. Unfortunately it's virtual which means no snacks and socializing and the panic of having to rush to your event because you were too busy trying to work the vending machine.

I hope I managed to brighten your day a little
[1] Seeing people like the stuff I do
It applies to hatchlings too, but I like doing art trades and posting writing 'n stuff because of the views; not in a "guh, I want more attention!" type thing, but more of a "hey, looks like two people took time out of their day just to click on my book". And if I suddenly get three more views or smth, that means that they kept reading :)
Bit of a tangent but I just got my first comment today on a book that I was passionate about a few months ago (I sorta dropped it since I lost interest) and I think I might pick it back up.

[2] That being said, writing and drawing
I know a lot of people have mentioned art before so I guess I'll just keep talking about writing. I also read a bit [mostly online nowadays, it's fun checking into books that had a cliffhanger and seeing a new post, and getting to interact with the author] and whenever I see a new word that I like, I can't stop thinking about how I can use it in my own writing. It makes for some awkward sentences because I really want to put it in but it's okay.

[3] Whatever I'm currently interested in
I'm not going to say it because if I say one thing, it's gonna lead to another and another and then I won't stop. But it's usually a show/book series that I'm really into and I have a lot of fun analyzing the characters, researching the VAs/artists involved, looking at behind-the-scenes footage, etcetera.

[4] Friends, online or irl
Because of Covid, a lot of my friends are online right now but that's okay. I have two that I've gotten real close to in the past month or so, and I'm just lucky they let me talk to them despite not really knowing how servers on discord worked and what some things mean (like . . . "pog" . . .). I've learned since then but yeah :)
I could also talk about them for a long time but to sum it up they're great and I'd give them the world if they asked for it.
also one of them sometimes checks my forum posts, so if you're here, hi colgate, this is about you and vismo :)))))))))))))))

[5] Science/genetics
Genetics is cool. It's underrated and I always need to learn more. I could also talk about it for a while so I'll stop now.
On the topic of science, Science Olympiad is also really cool. Unfortunately it's virtual which means no snacks and socializing and the panic of having to rush to your event because you were too busy trying to work the vending machine.

I hope I managed to brighten your day a little
0000000000000-10-16-23-20231021222322.png
My best friend always cheers me up! We always end up calling each other for a few hours every day since we don't live nearby

Another thing that cheers me up is dnd. I recently started playing it and even though I've only done two sessions and a Halloween one-shot, I've been enjoying it a lot so far. There's been a lot of funny moments that we joke about like in the one-shot when I accidentally outed myself as a monster hunter on a boat full of monsters
My best friend always cheers me up! We always end up calling each other for a few hours every day since we don't live nearby

Another thing that cheers me up is dnd. I recently started playing it and even though I've only done two sessions and a Halloween one-shot, I've been enjoying it a lot so far. There's been a lot of funny moments that we joke about like in the one-shot when I accidentally outed myself as a monster hunter on a boat full of monsters
Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts
With barest wrists, and stoutest boasts
He thrusts his fists against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts
Having fun with friends, watching flamingo, and playing with dogs
Having fun with friends, watching flamingo, and playing with dogs
I always enjoy waking up and grabbing my phone to read all of the daily Webtoons. Since I haven’t had time to read any books recently, a few Webcomic episodes really helps me escape from my boring life and I always get really sad when I’ve gone through them all.

My dog is another thing. We’ve only had her for a little over a year, but I feel like my mental health would be a lot worse without her.

Lastly, when my brother comes to visit twice a week and watch One Piece with my sister and I is something that always gets me through the middle of the week.
I always enjoy waking up and grabbing my phone to read all of the daily Webtoons. Since I haven’t had time to read any books recently, a few Webcomic episodes really helps me escape from my boring life and I always get really sad when I’ve gone through them all.

My dog is another thing. We’ve only had her for a little over a year, but I feel like my mental health would be a lot worse without her.

Lastly, when my brother comes to visit twice a week and watch One Piece with my sister and I is something that always gets me through the middle of the week.
@Rule
She’s my best bud and the most wonderful person I know, I’m so lucky she’s my friend
@Rule
She’s my best bud and the most wonderful person I know, I’m so lucky she’s my friend
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
Oh lord, lots of things bring me joy. These are my top three though.

My cat, who I cannot live without. She's like a child for me, since I'll never have kids, and I love her so much. (We're cuddling right now~)

My bestest friend. She keeps me sane and talks me down from a lot of stressful situations. I couldn't live without her either.

Crafting. I wouldn't be sane without making things. Sewing, or with resin. Or many other things that I do. It just..soothes me, and brings me to my happy place.
Oh lord, lots of things bring me joy. These are my top three though.

My cat, who I cannot live without. She's like a child for me, since I'll never have kids, and I love her so much. (We're cuddling right now~)

My bestest friend. She keeps me sane and talks me down from a lot of stressful situations. I couldn't live without her either.

Crafting. I wouldn't be sane without making things. Sewing, or with resin. Or many other things that I do. It just..soothes me, and brings me to my happy place.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
i love doing art, and writing.
also my animals and my best friend <3
also my baby i found out it's
twins! so now both my babies ^^ i can't wait to meet them
i love doing art, and writing.
also my animals and my best friend <3
also my baby i found out it's
twins! so now both my babies ^^ i can't wait to meet them
hi, i'm mazi
• young adult
• she/they
• kennel tech
• student for vet med
• engaged
• mommy x 4 ~ 1 in heaven, twins on earth and expecting rainbow babe 07.2023
oddly enough, the horror genre. which is very ironic, considering i'm a complete scaredy-cat. i just love dark stuff; mysteries, monsters, insane characters, that feeling of being helpless. i like writing horror stuff as well, but nothing as good as actual books, usually just a few short stories.

i also love writing, especially sharing it. they aren't very good yet, but i'm trying to get better. i practically live off praise and positive affirmation, so getting a compliment about my writing makes my day.
oddly enough, the horror genre. which is very ironic, considering i'm a complete scaredy-cat. i just love dark stuff; mysteries, monsters, insane characters, that feeling of being helpless. i like writing horror stuff as well, but nothing as good as actual books, usually just a few short stories.

i also love writing, especially sharing it. they aren't very good yet, but i'm trying to get better. i practically live off praise and positive affirmation, so getting a compliment about my writing makes my day.
} pings encouraged! i'm subbed to a lot of threads {

} check out my avatar dragon! {

} i forget things easily, please ping/PM me if i haven't responded in a few days {
1 2 3