Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What brings you joy?
1 2 3
acting stupid and dumb with friends. if they can't tolerate my crackhead energy, are they really worth the time?
i am the twin who refers to friends as 'adjective gf/bf/nbf' and i love doing it bc it's adorable, hi @Zosimos!
flight rising brings me so much joy, and most of that is surfing the forums or hatching nests , people here are so genuinely nice!
and just destroying my eardrums by blasting music out of my headphones. i am just such a music person and i love it so much, and it helps me cry or get some bravery sometimes!
acting stupid and dumb with friends. if they can't tolerate my crackhead energy, are they really worth the time?
i am the twin who refers to friends as 'adjective gf/bf/nbf' and i love doing it bc it's adorable, hi @Zosimos!
flight rising brings me so much joy, and most of that is surfing the forums or hatching nests , people here are so genuinely nice!
and just destroying my eardrums by blasting music out of my headphones. i am just such a music person and i love it so much, and it helps me cry or get some bravery sometimes!
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
I would have to say that my dog tends to bring me the most joy. I've never been good at connecting with people and I'm naturally a pretty reserved person. But something about my dog always just makes everything better. That being said, I do have two dogs, but my oldest/first dog is the one I'm referring to. Her name is Maya (My-yah), gonna be 12 yrs old December 1st! I think she is just a reminder that even though I've grown as a person, I'm still me, and I'm still important to something/someone. I have so much love for her.

I did also complete a drawing recently. I've been mostly down lately with a lot of stress and overthinking that just puts me in such a bad place that finally getting a piece of artwork done just made me burst with joy. I was so proud of myself!

I would have to say that my dog tends to bring me the most joy. I've never been good at connecting with people and I'm naturally a pretty reserved person. But something about my dog always just makes everything better. That being said, I do have two dogs, but my oldest/first dog is the one I'm referring to. Her name is Maya (My-yah), gonna be 12 yrs old December 1st! I think she is just a reminder that even though I've grown as a person, I'm still me, and I'm still important to something/someone. I have so much love for her.

I did also complete a drawing recently. I've been mostly down lately with a lot of stress and overthinking that just puts me in such a bad place that finally getting a piece of artwork done just made me burst with joy. I was so proud of myself!

Being outside right after it rains
Drawing stuff while listening to music
Relatable posts from people on the internet to remind me I'm not the only one
Again, music
Calling my friends is great too ^^
Also walking around in the woods it's nice to be away from big towns and cities full of people
Being outside right after it rains
Drawing stuff while listening to music
Relatable posts from people on the internet to remind me I'm not the only one
Again, music
Calling my friends is great too ^^
Also walking around in the woods it's nice to be away from big towns and cities full of people
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
•drawing
•school (i really like school)
•my sweet loving cute lil boyfriend of 2 years he's taller than me but he's still tiny and bite sized and i just want to pick him up in my arms and just weiefufnA <<<<<3333333
•listening to my playlist endlessly. on loop. indefinitely.
•my cat, she's technically a senior citizen next year, i remember when we got her at 2 months old <3
•laying down getting into my own head when i'm not able to sleep, somehow that makes me calm
•speaking of sleep, my dreams. recently i've been having the typical no-dream dreams but i've got quite a handful of vivid self-aware dreams i would like to share someday.
•myself, in regards to how far i've come. thanks to helpful outside intervention i've found it easier to accept myself and recognize my feats and accept my failures as growth. my mindset has improved vastly and i wouldn't have it any other way.
•friends i've found recently. it used to be just my boyfriend and i, however now I get to hang out with three other people. one of them i haven't seen since middle school, one who absolutely rocks with my music taste, and another who let me have a polaroid of myself! as a person slowly opening up to others socially after being reserved and locked away for god knows how long, it feels amazing, so amazing, to feel accepted like that. that polaroid of myself is my reminder that i've found that. if all my life choices really lead up to here, i would not have it any other way.

•my short hair and my (incoming) new phone. yeah yeah, haircut & phone, what's so significant? in simple terms, new me. i accept that with open arms. my old phone took it's last breath a week ago and although it sucks that i wasn't able to save pictures of my cat and other information, i suppose this new phone will be a new beginning.
•drawing
•school (i really like school)
•my sweet loving cute lil boyfriend of 2 years he's taller than me but he's still tiny and bite sized and i just want to pick him up in my arms and just weiefufnA <<<<<3333333
•listening to my playlist endlessly. on loop. indefinitely.
•my cat, she's technically a senior citizen next year, i remember when we got her at 2 months old <3
•laying down getting into my own head when i'm not able to sleep, somehow that makes me calm
•speaking of sleep, my dreams. recently i've been having the typical no-dream dreams but i've got quite a handful of vivid self-aware dreams i would like to share someday.
•myself, in regards to how far i've come. thanks to helpful outside intervention i've found it easier to accept myself and recognize my feats and accept my failures as growth. my mindset has improved vastly and i wouldn't have it any other way.
•friends i've found recently. it used to be just my boyfriend and i, however now I get to hang out with three other people. one of them i haven't seen since middle school, one who absolutely rocks with my music taste, and another who let me have a polaroid of myself! as a person slowly opening up to others socially after being reserved and locked away for god knows how long, it feels amazing, so amazing, to feel accepted like that. that polaroid of myself is my reminder that i've found that. if all my life choices really lead up to here, i would not have it any other way.

•my short hair and my (incoming) new phone. yeah yeah, haircut & phone, what's so significant? in simple terms, new me. i accept that with open arms. my old phone took it's last breath a week ago and although it sucks that i wasn't able to save pictures of my cat and other information, i suppose this new phone will be a new beginning.
..........................52927620204-00a57591c5-o.png
NAMEflightriisng.png
they/she :: FR+0
i love my partner :3
p90UoHj.png
Remembering that there are some genuinly good and soft people on this earth- both those now and those passed. Theyre amazing and everyone knows at least one person. They dont have to be famous, though a lot are
I like thinking of them- they bring me immense joy

Also red pandas
Holy crud red pandas
Remembering that there are some genuinly good and soft people on this earth- both those now and those passed. Theyre amazing and everyone knows at least one person. They dont have to be famous, though a lot are
I like thinking of them- they bring me immense joy

Also red pandas
Holy crud red pandas
[Center][Size=7][color=49247]My robot dog, Spork! [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/582312285955948557/772747922089312266/Polish_20201102_090348140.jpg[/img][/center] Spork is an ERS-210 model of AIBO, made by Sony! He's a very advanced consumer robot, and they're super cool! They can run different software, and you can even program your own! My one doesn't work right now since his old batteries no longer function, but he still brings me a lot of joy and comfort just being by my side. I take him out with me wherever I go, and take lots of pictures of him! He even has his own Instagram page :)
My robot dog, Spork!
Polish_20201102_090348140.jpg

Spork is an ERS-210 model of AIBO, made by Sony! He's a very advanced consumer robot, and they're super cool! They can run different software, and you can even program your own! My one doesn't work right now since his old batteries no longer function, but he still brings me a lot of joy and comfort just being by my side. I take him out with me wherever I go, and take lots of pictures of him! He even has his own Instagram page :)
Hello World!
-Drawing! Unless I'm having an art block... but then I enjoy looking at other peoples stuff. There are many artists who are amazing.

-Watching my guinea pigs or other animals just do their thing.

-music can lift my mood or make it worse depending on the song.

-cute fandom related stuff is always good.

-aaand watching funny video compilations on youtube
-Drawing! Unless I'm having an art block... but then I enjoy looking at other peoples stuff. There are many artists who are amazing.

-Watching my guinea pigs or other animals just do their thing.

-music can lift my mood or make it worse depending on the song.

-cute fandom related stuff is always good.

-aaand watching funny video compilations on youtube
2aoyUTU.png
When game companies announce their new games a few months in advance rather than a few years. JRPG marketing departments what is wrong with yall.

When bankrupt game development companies rise from the ashes out of nowhere with a sequel in tow.

When games with tiny cult followings get sequels and remakes even though everyone doubted the possibility since the games initially didn’t do too well.

The world of RPG development has been improving and trying to reach more than just Japan, the US, and Europe. It’s something that is evolving in new directions and seeing it do so fills me with hope. 2021 is going to be a good year for games.

Also Russians doing things on Youtube. LifeofBoris is the only channel I need.
When game companies announce their new games a few months in advance rather than a few years. JRPG marketing departments what is wrong with yall.

When bankrupt game development companies rise from the ashes out of nowhere with a sequel in tow.

When games with tiny cult followings get sequels and remakes even though everyone doubted the possibility since the games initially didn’t do too well.

The world of RPG development has been improving and trying to reach more than just Japan, the US, and Europe. It’s something that is evolving in new directions and seeing it do so fills me with hope. 2021 is going to be a good year for games.

Also Russians doing things on Youtube. LifeofBoris is the only channel I need.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
i love my hobbies even though i haven't mastered any of them! drawing, painting, sewing, playing video games, listening to music, reading and making music all bring me very much joy.

music as a whole is my favorite thing. i don't understand music theory and i can only play 1 musical instrument (i play bass guitar and dabble in fl studio!) but music is kind of how i communicate with people! i make a ton of playlists for people i love to show affection, and playlists for people who want music reccs too. i'll never get tired of it. my liked songs list on spotify has over 4k songs in it! i really really Really love music.

the people i love bring me joy! my girlfriend and my closest friends all mean very much to me. i'm going to propose to my girlfriend sometime soon and that makes me very happy and excited, she's the most wonderful person i've ever met and i'll forever be thankful i bumped into her and even after our rough past we still managed to make this work. everything she does makes my heart smile :-) !!!!!

my 2 kittens, ghost and phantom, are lovely and they give me the Big Serotonin whenever i interact with them. even if they like to bite me!

my chronic hyperfixations that ive been cycling through since i was a kid make me very happy!! super mario galaxy 1 and 2, super mario rpg, super mario sunshine, super paper mario, pikmin 2, SOMA and okami are all very important to me and i love discovering more lore about them, and am all the time!
other recent hyperfixations of mine like stardew valley, OFF, metal gear solid and hylics also make me happy. i can never shut up whenever anyone asks me about them.

watching streamers like vinny vinesauce and jerma985 makes me smile, they're my favorite streamers ever!

unpopular animals make me happy!!! im a huge fan of all insects, spiders, bats, snails and slugs, rats, crows, etc etc! i connect with strange animals very much.

sorry this is so long! everything sucks and the world is a nightmare but i still have plenty to be happy about, and that makes me happy :-)
i love my hobbies even though i haven't mastered any of them! drawing, painting, sewing, playing video games, listening to music, reading and making music all bring me very much joy.

music as a whole is my favorite thing. i don't understand music theory and i can only play 1 musical instrument (i play bass guitar and dabble in fl studio!) but music is kind of how i communicate with people! i make a ton of playlists for people i love to show affection, and playlists for people who want music reccs too. i'll never get tired of it. my liked songs list on spotify has over 4k songs in it! i really really Really love music.

the people i love bring me joy! my girlfriend and my closest friends all mean very much to me. i'm going to propose to my girlfriend sometime soon and that makes me very happy and excited, she's the most wonderful person i've ever met and i'll forever be thankful i bumped into her and even after our rough past we still managed to make this work. everything she does makes my heart smile :-) !!!!!

my 2 kittens, ghost and phantom, are lovely and they give me the Big Serotonin whenever i interact with them. even if they like to bite me!

my chronic hyperfixations that ive been cycling through since i was a kid make me very happy!! super mario galaxy 1 and 2, super mario rpg, super mario sunshine, super paper mario, pikmin 2, SOMA and okami are all very important to me and i love discovering more lore about them, and am all the time!
other recent hyperfixations of mine like stardew valley, OFF, metal gear solid and hylics also make me happy. i can never shut up whenever anyone asks me about them.

watching streamers like vinny vinesauce and jerma985 makes me smile, they're my favorite streamers ever!

unpopular animals make me happy!!! im a huge fan of all insects, spiders, bats, snails and slugs, rats, crows, etc etc! i connect with strange animals very much.

sorry this is so long! everything sucks and the world is a nightmare but i still have plenty to be happy about, and that makes me happy :-)
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
art!! i love drawing and i especially love it when i get positive feedback about it,,,, i know i do mouse art and that's usually frowned upon but i'm at least doing what makes me happy :D another thing,,,, digby from animal crossing,,,, there's just. something about him that sparks joy in me. i mean, just look at that lil face,,, [img]https://dodo.ac/np/images/f/f2/Digby_NL.png[/img] he's my comfort character and my friends always send images of him when i feel down,,, i love him to bits and i'll protect him from all harm (he's even an rp main of mine and he's great. love him) dragons also make me incredibly happy!! i literally cannot go one day without talking about dragons,,, they're so great. i love the giant lizard boyes mmmm. so many things that make me happy. i could go on for days,,,,
art!! i love drawing and i especially love it when i get positive feedback about it,,,, i know i do mouse art and that's usually frowned upon but i'm at least doing what makes me happy :D

another thing,,,, digby from animal crossing,,,, there's just. something about him that sparks joy in me. i mean, just look at that lil face,,,
Digby_NL.png
he's my comfort character and my friends always send images of him when i feel down,,, i love him to bits and i'll protect him from all harm (he's even an rp main of mine and he's great. love him)

dragons also make me incredibly happy!! i literally cannot go one day without talking about dragons,,, they're so great. i love the giant lizard boyes

mmmm. so many things that make me happy. i could go on for days,,,,
1 2 3