Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [HUB] Hollow Knight
1 2 ... 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 ... 3142 3143
[quote name="Aetherskyes" date="2022-04-08 16:22:26" ] [quote name="LegendaryManpig" date="2022-04-08 14:46:19" ] I agree! It's good to mix things up depending on the fight! For instance, here's a vid of my typical build and strat against Failed Champion as reference! This is nOT my typical setup, but it works wonders against this boss in particular, and going out of your comfort zone and learning new setups can help a lot in the long run! On that note: I'm totally cool to record any bosses if anyone needs the help! This was actually recorded for Meta (JustAGamerFurry2) for instance! If you're curious, my typical setup is Mark of Pride, Strength, Shaman Stone, and Spell Twister! It gives a good balance of offence and defense overall, and is good in any boss!! I think most charms are viable tho depending on playstyle, and what one person values may be seen as bad by others! For instance; Fireborn lOVES Steady Body, despite the general distaste for it amongst the community! And he pROVES just how good it can be in the right hands! :) [/quote] Yup my general build is kill the boss quicker than it can kill you, with longnail added bcs sometimes im bad and miss a pogo- I generally use it for faster battles (Sisters of Battle, PV, and basically any dream boss) When making a build usually people use strength or shaman or both. They're two VERY good charms that you should consider if you are stuck. Also side note for radiant battles: Overcharming does not matter. It kinda sucks that literally all my favorite charms fit too perfectly into my build so I have to find a way to make it not fit by adding some other charms. [/quote] That's fair that's fair! Generally though that's hard to do in pantheons, especially in P5, where you get less free heals, and it's a real gauntlet! I do agree that oftentimes the best builds are the simplest. Honestly though, it iS very dependent on playstyle, personal strengths, weaknesses, and preferences! I'd never take glowing womb for a serious run, but if someone really is comfortable with it? Than why not! If they can make it work for them, that's all there needs to be basically! :) I'm mostly comfortable with any charm, since I like to experiment a lot with different stuff myself! Push the boundaries of what I'm typically comfortable with, and it's led to some really strong builds for certain bosses I would've never considered before! Such as Nailmasters on Radiant Collector for instance! A charm I almost always forget about became a lifesaver in what I consider one of the harder radiant fights! Similarly, I used to NEVER use sharp shadow, but in practice, I find it one of the strongest charms against Failed Champion, and is super consistent if you learn how to use it! It can be hard to get used to that extra range, and it's not always intuitive, but if you put in the practice? You'll find that it's aMAZING, and I love it for the Radiant version! :) Basically, it's good to experiment with charms if you find yourself struggling, and theorycrafting is healthy for improvement! Just analyzing a boss and what could help and what might not CAN improve your odds greatly, even if you don't change anything with your build in the end! Though there's also nothing wrong with just sticking to what you know, than be careful on some fights nonetheless! Just be flexible, be open-minded, and remember that not taking damage > taking damage in all instances, even if it leads to a longer fight sometimes!
Aetherskyes wrote on 2022-04-08 16:22:26:
LegendaryManpig wrote on 2022-04-08 14:46:19:
I agree! It's good to mix things up depending on the fight! For instance, here's a vid of my typical build and strat against Failed Champion as reference! This is nOT my typical setup, but it works wonders against this boss in particular, and going out of your comfort zone and learning new setups can help a lot in the long run! On that note: I'm totally cool to record any bosses if anyone needs the help! This was actually recorded for Meta (JustAGamerFurry2) for instance!

If you're curious, my typical setup is Mark of Pride, Strength, Shaman Stone, and Spell Twister! It gives a good balance of offence and defense overall, and is good in any boss!! I think most charms are viable tho depending on playstyle, and what one person values may be seen as bad by others! For instance; Fireborn lOVES Steady Body, despite the general distaste for it amongst the community! And he pROVES just how good it can be in the right hands! :)

Yup my general build is kill the boss quicker than it can kill you, with longnail added bcs sometimes im bad and miss a pogo- I generally use it for faster battles (Sisters of Battle, PV, and basically any dream boss)
When making a build usually people use strength or shaman or both. They're two VERY good charms that you should consider if you are stuck.

Also side note for radiant battles: Overcharming does not matter. It kinda sucks that literally all my favorite charms fit too perfectly into my build so I have to find a way to make it not fit by adding some other charms.
That's fair that's fair! Generally though that's hard to do in pantheons, especially in P5, where you get less free heals, and it's a real gauntlet! I do agree that oftentimes the best builds are the simplest. Honestly though, it iS very dependent on playstyle, personal strengths, weaknesses, and preferences! I'd never take glowing womb for a serious run, but if someone really is comfortable with it? Than why not! If they can make it work for them, that's all there needs to be basically! :)

I'm mostly comfortable with any charm, since I like to experiment a lot with different stuff myself! Push the boundaries of what I'm typically comfortable with, and it's led to some really strong builds for certain bosses I would've never considered before! Such as Nailmasters on Radiant Collector for instance! A charm I almost always forget about became a lifesaver in what I consider one of the harder radiant fights! Similarly, I used to NEVER use sharp shadow, but in practice, I find it one of the strongest charms against Failed Champion, and is super consistent if you learn how to use it! It can be hard to get used to that extra range, and it's not always intuitive, but if you put in the practice? You'll find that it's aMAZING, and I love it for the Radiant version! :)

Basically, it's good to experiment with charms if you find yourself struggling, and theorycrafting is healthy for improvement! Just analyzing a boss and what could help and what might not CAN improve your odds greatly, even if you don't change anything with your build in the end! Though there's also nothing wrong with just sticking to what you know, than be careful on some fights nonetheless! Just be flexible, be open-minded, and remember that not taking damage > taking damage in all instances, even if it leads to a longer fight sometimes!
If i may interject, i usually do with some bosses if given the chance Glowing womb, Defender's crest, (i keep sharp shadow on at all times, i love it and its super useful), and mark of pride. i dont have every charm yet, so i use what I like to use at that moment, for the boss.
If i may interject, i usually do with some bosses if given the chance Glowing womb, Defender's crest, (i keep sharp shadow on at all times, i love it and its super useful), and mark of pride. i dont have every charm yet, so i use what I like to use at that moment, for the boss.
8vRmfHR.jpg

tumblr_inline_ny7iuhIaIF1qmzhvw_540.png

ZhydIqY.png
So last night a lot of things happened:

I was practicing Uumuu and I asked @LegendaryManPig for a video of them beating it, and they got the most insane Uumuu rng where it looked like a TAS (I don’t have the video rn)
However, my Uumuu RNG was trash, and I kinda off-handly jokingly called Uumuu a hacker but literally after that battle my HK starting glitching and I couldn’t challenge Uumuu again and I couldn’t see myself in godhome.
I beat Nosk 2 which was really really easy. (Ok ok it was kinda hard but like, probably easier than ascended nosk 1)
I decided to go onto my godhome save which actually has NKG unlocked (idk why I don’t have him unlocked on my main save, I don’t even have to beat him, I plant to get Carefree.)
I beat NKG in a surprising 1hr30

Conclusion: Ascended Uumuu > NKG
So last night a lot of things happened:

I was practicing Uumuu and I asked @LegendaryManPig for a video of them beating it, and they got the most insane Uumuu rng where it looked like a TAS (I don’t have the video rn)
However, my Uumuu RNG was trash, and I kinda off-handly jokingly called Uumuu a hacker but literally after that battle my HK starting glitching and I couldn’t challenge Uumuu again and I couldn’t see myself in godhome.
I beat Nosk 2 which was really really easy. (Ok ok it was kinda hard but like, probably easier than ascended nosk 1)
I decided to go onto my godhome save which actually has NKG unlocked (idk why I don’t have him unlocked on my main save, I don’t even have to beat him, I plant to get Carefree.)
I beat NKG in a surprising 1hr30

Conclusion: Ascended Uumuu > NKG
Please ping me if you are replying to me. This can be done by adding an @ to my name in the quote’s code.

I *was* going to have an art shop, but my tablet broke. Yay.
Yeah you did sUPER good on the fight hehe! >:3 ALSO here's the vid for anyone curious it was... comeplETELY unintentional I was just trying to dodge omg! :O
Yeah you did sUPER good on the fight hehe! >:3 ALSO here's the vid for anyone curious it was... comeplETELY unintentional I was just trying to dodge omg! :O
woah ive never seen that happen before, nice job, sounded like the shade souls double hit as well.
woah ive never seen that happen before, nice job, sounded like the shade souls double hit as well.
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
Aww thank you! :D It was nOT on purpose and I've never done that before and I don't know I'll be able to do it again the stars aligned for that one :O
Aww thank you! :D It was nOT on purpose and I've never done that before and I don't know I'll be able to do it again the stars aligned for that one :O
Based on my map, guess who my favorite character is. [img]https://i.imgur.com/qKVYBl3.png[/img]

Based on my map, guess who my favorite character is.

qKVYBl3.png

Please ping me if you are replying to me. This can be done by adding an @ to my name in the quote’s code.

Grey Mourner
I see that dreamgate on the edge
Grey Mourner
[quote name="JustAGamerFurry2" date="2022-04-15 18:17:05" ] Grey Mourner I see that dreamgate on the edge [/quote] Nah that's just from Delicate flower. Dunno why it's still there.
JustAGamerFurry2 wrote on 2022-04-15 18:17:05:
Grey Mourner

Nah that's just from Delicate flower. Dunno why it's still there.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/XWrLYqf/023-C9-B50-3-AD3-45-EB-9-D3-A-AC804-B6-FAEC8.jpg[/img] Hi I spent all day drawing this hhhhh
023-C9-B50-3-AD3-45-EB-9-D3-A-AC804-B6-FAEC8.jpg
Hi I spent all day drawing this hhhhh
9vqTYg0.gifcfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.giffl0edFq.gif
Banner holder by me.
1 2 ... 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 ... 3142 3143