Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [HUB] Hollow Knight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 3142 3143
@QueenClam Oky does, I'll add you to the list! And if course you can!
@QueenClam Oky does, I'll add you to the list! And if course you can!
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
RP friendly (ask about fandoms n OCs)
Ping/PM me if you wish, Idrc :)
Current projects:
Dragon-sona breeding project
Fandergs n whatnot
Moving my lore derg to the hibden and my fandergs to the main lair
Am I the only person who's searched PrimalAspid in Dragon Search?
Because whether I am or not, I don't regret it
Am I the only person who's searched PrimalAspid in Dragon Search?
Because whether I am or not, I don't regret it
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
@ShiftingWind
I only have an Aspid, but she has primal eyes...
can I join you?
@ShiftingWind
I only have an Aspid, but she has primal eyes...
can I join you?
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
@BlurryReflection Of course!
@BlurryReflection Of course!
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
Cross-posting from the other Hollow Knight hub.

SPOILERS.

It's interesting to note amongst Hollow Knight players, there's a divide about the Pale King. Personally, I see him not as a good or evil figure, but a tragic one. A god is ultimately the weakest creature of all: needing prayers and worshippers like a bug needs food. A god will do anything to let its worshippers live. But gods, being weak things, are flawed. Gods can grow attachments, gods can feel remorse. The Pale King sacrificed his brood, yet could not be cruel enough to neglect the one Vessel he chose.

Aka I had this big galaxy brain moment when I was thinking about the Hollow Knight's memorial in the City of Tears. Wouldn't it be more advantageous to let everyone forget the Hollow Knight? Then there's less of a chance the Radiance could be remembered. Considering the Pale King appears to give sapience, taking memories wouldn't be that difficult. But, that lead me to wonder: what if the Pale King wanted the memorial? What if he wanted the Hollow Knight's sacrificed to be remembered? The seal on the Abyss already hints he wasn't happy over what he did, no matter the cost. It's implied that the Hollow Knight saw the Pale King as its father, making it un-hollow. But what if the Pale King thought the same way, hence why he created a memorial in the Hollow Knight's honor, even if it risked the Radiance? Finally, in the White Palace what does his dream-nailed corpse/empty shell think? "No cost too great..." like a desperate attempt to reaffirm a decision. That's the tragedy of the Pale King, a god who sacrificed everything, but it was ultimately not enough.

(Also it's alright to think whatever you want about the Pale King, I just wanted to ramble about my own thoughts.)

Also I beat NKG. and I feel like a god.
Cross-posting from the other Hollow Knight hub.

SPOILERS.

It's interesting to note amongst Hollow Knight players, there's a divide about the Pale King. Personally, I see him not as a good or evil figure, but a tragic one. A god is ultimately the weakest creature of all: needing prayers and worshippers like a bug needs food. A god will do anything to let its worshippers live. But gods, being weak things, are flawed. Gods can grow attachments, gods can feel remorse. The Pale King sacrificed his brood, yet could not be cruel enough to neglect the one Vessel he chose.

Aka I had this big galaxy brain moment when I was thinking about the Hollow Knight's memorial in the City of Tears. Wouldn't it be more advantageous to let everyone forget the Hollow Knight? Then there's less of a chance the Radiance could be remembered. Considering the Pale King appears to give sapience, taking memories wouldn't be that difficult. But, that lead me to wonder: what if the Pale King wanted the memorial? What if he wanted the Hollow Knight's sacrificed to be remembered? The seal on the Abyss already hints he wasn't happy over what he did, no matter the cost. It's implied that the Hollow Knight saw the Pale King as its father, making it un-hollow. But what if the Pale King thought the same way, hence why he created a memorial in the Hollow Knight's honor, even if it risked the Radiance? Finally, in the White Palace what does his dream-nailed corpse/empty shell think? "No cost too great..." like a desperate attempt to reaffirm a decision. That's the tragedy of the Pale King, a god who sacrificed everything, but it was ultimately not enough.

(Also it's alright to think whatever you want about the Pale King, I just wanted to ramble about my own thoughts.)

Also I beat NKG. and I feel like a god.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
@Requacy Woah, I never thought about that
@Requacy Woah, I never thought about that
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
[quote name="@ShiftingWind" date="2020-10-30 14:06:35" ] @/Requacy Woah, I never thought about [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] [s]Join me in weird analysis.[/s] This all started with why the Abyss was sealed. I discussed it with a fellow fan about what it was, before coming to a conclusion: it was guilt. It doesn't mean he didn't do a bad thing, rather I think he was desperate and ultimately tragic, having lost his brood, his kingdom, and possibly the Vessel he saw as his own child to the Infection. He tried to do what he thought was best, but ultimately it was not enough. Since we never meet the Pale King, apart from his corpse/empty shell, we may never truly know his thoughts on the matter.
@ShiftingWind wrote on 2020-10-30 14:06:35:
@/Requacy Woah, I never thought about

Join me in weird analysis.

This all started with why the Abyss was sealed. I discussed it with a fellow fan about what it was, before coming to a conclusion: it was guilt. It doesn't mean he didn't do a bad thing, rather I think he was desperate and ultimately tragic, having lost his brood, his kingdom, and possibly the Vessel he saw as his own child to the Infection. He tried to do what he thought was best, but ultimately it was not enough.

Since we never meet the Pale King, apart from his corpse/empty shell, we may never truly know his thoughts on the matter.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
[quote name="@Requacy" date="2020-10-30 14:13:53" ] [quote name="@/ShiftingWind" date="2020-10-30 14:06:35" ] @/Requacy Woah, I never thought about [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] [s]Join me in weird analysis.[/s] This all started with why the Abyss was sealed. I discussed it with a fellow fan about what it was, before coming to a conclusion: it was guilt. It doesn't mean he didn't do a bad thing, rather I think he was desperate and ultimately tragic, having lost his brood, his kingdom, and possibly the Vessel he saw as his own child to the Infection. He tried to do what he thought was best, but ultimately it was not enough. Since we never meet the Pale King, apart from his corpse/empty shell, we may never truly know his thoughts on the matter. [/quote] Ah yes the very confusing logic of HK prevents us from knowing the truth
@Requacy wrote on 2020-10-30 14:13:53:
@/ShiftingWind wrote on 2020-10-30 14:06:35:

This all started with why the Abyss was sealed. I discussed it with a fellow fan about what it was, before coming to a conclusion: it was guilt. It doesn't mean he didn't do a bad thing, rather I think he was desperate and ultimately tragic, having lost his brood, his kingdom, and possibly the Vessel he saw as his own child to the Infection. He tried to do what he thought was best, but ultimately it was not enough.

Since we never meet the Pale King, apart from his corpse/empty shell, we may never truly know his thoughts on the matter.
Ah yes the very confusing logic of HK prevents us from knowing the truth
HESLOSTIT_1.gif Anon
They/them, minor
Current projects:
Fandergs n whatnot
[quote name="ShiftingWind" date="2020-10-30 14:20:37" ] [quote name="@Requacy" date="2020-10-30 14:13:53" ] [quote name="@/ShiftingWind" date="2020-10-30 14:06:35" ] @/Requacy Woah, I never thought about [/quote][font=American Gothic][size=4] [s]Join me in weird analysis.[/s] This all started with why the Abyss was sealed. I discussed it with a fellow fan about what it was, before coming to a conclusion: it was guilt. It doesn't mean he didn't do a bad thing, rather I think he was desperate and ultimately tragic, having lost his brood, his kingdom, and possibly the Vessel he saw as his own child to the Infection. He tried to do what he thought was best, but ultimately it was not enough. Since we never meet the Pale King, apart from his corpse/empty shell, we may never truly know his thoughts on the matter. [/quote] Ah yes the very confusing logic of HK prevents us from knowing the truth [/quote] The fact that everyone who would know is dead or never really tells us anything useful to the matter doesn't help
ShiftingWind wrote on 2020-10-30 14:20:37:
@Requacy wrote on 2020-10-30 14:13:53:
@/ShiftingWind wrote on 2020-10-30 14:06:35:

Ah yes the very confusing logic of HK prevents us from knowing the truth
The fact that everyone who would know is dead or never really tells us anything useful to the matter doesn't help
YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
So, I know I'm going to regret this to my dying days, but...

@/BrightBreeze

Please don't kill me.

@BrightBreeze
So am I dead, or do I get to live?
So, I know I'm going to regret this to my dying days, but...

@/BrightBreeze

Please don't kill me.

@BrightBreeze
So am I dead, or do I get to live?
0EgCmlK.png >> Wishlist
>> Avatar dragon
>> 1,000 Days of G&G
>> Bean's Showcase, Boutique, and Workshop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 3142 3143