Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite beautiful movies?
1 2 3 4
i love the secret of kells and song of the sea :-) beautiful animation that makes me cry every time i watch both of them
some more honorable mentions are princess mononoke, spiderman: into the spiderverse, kubo and the two strings and akira.
i cant really think of any live-action movies id call beautiful other than the original blade runner and the original suspiria, from 1982 and 1977 respectively. the aesthetics in both of those films are just incredible.
i love the secret of kells and song of the sea :-) beautiful animation that makes me cry every time i watch both of them
some more honorable mentions are princess mononoke, spiderman: into the spiderverse, kubo and the two strings and akira.
i cant really think of any live-action movies id call beautiful other than the original blade runner and the original suspiria, from 1982 and 1977 respectively. the aesthetics in both of those films are just incredible.
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
I literally just finished watching "The Prince of Egypt" for possibly the millionth time and I was once again nearly brought to tears by the beauty. (I've noticed that I've become more susceptible to happy-crying as I get older. Pretty sure this movie will have me bawling soon.)

Anyways, it's about the story of Moses and the Exodus and I guarantee you that you do not need to belong to any particular faith in order to be blown away. The music, animation, and story are unbelievable.
I literally just finished watching "The Prince of Egypt" for possibly the millionth time and I was once again nearly brought to tears by the beauty. (I've noticed that I've become more susceptible to happy-crying as I get older. Pretty sure this movie will have me bawling soon.)

Anyways, it's about the story of Moses and the Exodus and I guarantee you that you do not need to belong to any particular faith in order to be blown away. The music, animation, and story are unbelievable.
7ophKeo.png
hh5n4WA.png
G8AyR6r.png
EB9jVcQ.png
oaolHwW.png
gYW0j5f.png
6uThYLh.png
6KQB58c.png
every animated winnie the pooh movie.
every animated winnie the pooh movie.
wqnTQE2.png
addams » she / her » avatar dragon
“i think i might have fallen in love...”
”...what am i to do?”

I second La Vite e Bella, a wonderful, although sad, movie as well as James Cameron’s Avatar.
I second La Vite e Bella, a wonderful, although sad, movie as well as James Cameron’s Avatar.
Jjr11Cm.png
Any Studio Ghibli movie
Any Studio Ghibli movie
i really like star wars ok
Anything Ghibli, honestly. Those movies, even if the topic isn't particularly peaceful, visually feel like a good hug. [quote name="Madarakita" date="2020-05-08 17:25:02" ] Bambi. It's always been gorgeous and it still holds up. [quote name="EarthTiger" date="2020-05-08 15:34:46" ] [quote name="Orionis" date="2020-05-08 10:04:21" ] Might sound boring, but Avatar, too. I just... adore it. The jungle during the night? The skies, the moons/planets? Na'vi themselves? Gorgeous beyond words. [/quote] Same, I know these days most people think it's overrated, but I still love the movie to pieces. [/quote] Avatar is still visually stunning. I think what caused it to take a bit of a popularity hit was the backlash against the perception that it was somehow a feat of storytelling. Back to positivity; Moana. That movie is beautiful. [/quote] THIS. Avatar is one of my favorite movies and I adore the visuals. I wish there were more movies made to that caliber. Epic and the Life of Pi were also visually beautiful!
Anything Ghibli, honestly. Those movies, even if the topic isn't particularly peaceful, visually feel like a good hug.
Madarakita wrote on 2020-05-08 17:25:02:
Bambi. It's always been gorgeous and it still holds up.
EarthTiger wrote on 2020-05-08 15:34:46:
Orionis wrote on 2020-05-08 10:04:21:
Might sound boring, but Avatar, too. I just... adore it. The jungle during the night? The skies, the moons/planets? Na'vi themselves? Gorgeous beyond words.
Same, I know these days most people think it's overrated, but I still love the movie to pieces.
Avatar is still visually stunning. I think what caused it to take a bit of a popularity hit was the backlash against the perception that it was somehow a feat of storytelling.

Back to positivity; Moana. That movie is beautiful.
THIS. Avatar is one of my favorite movies and I adore the visuals. I wish there were more movies made to that caliber.

Epic and the Life of Pi were also visually beautiful!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Gonna second Into the Spiderverse and Prince of Egypt. Very fun movies to watch. The latter has one of my favorite scores of all time.

Now I have to toss in a really wacko one... The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I just watched it again recently and it's really, I think, underrated. Really pretty and whimsical.
Gonna second Into the Spiderverse and Prince of Egypt. Very fun movies to watch. The latter has one of my favorite scores of all time.

Now I have to toss in a really wacko one... The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. I just watched it again recently and it's really, I think, underrated. Really pretty and whimsical.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
[quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2020-05-11 12:39:41" ] Seconding Kubo and the Two Strings and Song of the Sea! Both are wonderful, artistic movies that speak to me. The same studio that made Song of the Sea also made The Secret of Kells, a story interwoven with Irish folklore and myth. It's another beautiful film by the studio! Also pretty much any Ghibli movie, but I'd say Ponyo or Spirited Away myself. edit: WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF SPIDERVERSE!!?!?!?! PLEASE watch Into the Spiderverse if you haven't already, it's a MASTERPIECE of a movie that deserves every drop of praise it gets. [/quote] [font=copperplate] All of these and [b]Mune[/b], it’s kind of an odd movie, but it’s really pretty!
HydreigonOxide wrote on 2020-05-11 12:39:41:
Seconding Kubo and the Two Strings and Song of the Sea! Both are wonderful, artistic movies that speak to me.

The same studio that made Song of the Sea also made The Secret of Kells, a story interwoven with Irish folklore and myth. It's another beautiful film by the studio!

Also pretty much any Ghibli movie, but I'd say Ponyo or Spirited Away myself.

edit: WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF SPIDERVERSE!!?!?!?!

PLEASE watch Into the Spiderverse if you haven't already, it's a MASTERPIECE of a movie that deserves every drop of praise it gets.

All of these and Mune, it’s kind of an odd movie, but it’s really pretty!
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
Ponyo!!
Spirited Away and Totoro have great aesthetics as well.

Ponyo!!
Spirited Away and Totoro have great aesthetics as well.

7edpCQh.png
A lot of Ghibli fans here huh :D

I really love Princess Mononoke. It's hauntingly nostalgic, but at the same time, it's beautiful to look at and also traumatized me as a kid
A lot of Ghibli fans here huh :D

I really love Princess Mononoke. It's hauntingly nostalgic, but at the same time, it's beautiful to look at and also traumatized me as a kid
MyfNmKq.png
1 2 3 4