Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What's your favorite music genre?
1 2 3
[center][emoji=plague rune size=1][b][i]Greetings, my creepy beauties![/i][/b][emoji=plague rune size=1][/center] [center]I'm just collecting small data on what the Flight Rising fanbase likes to listen. After that, you can tell me what bands/artists you like to listen as well (optional) For me personally, I like [u]rock/metal[/u]. Bands that I like to listen are Nirvana, Rammstein, Alice in Chains, Slipknot & many more. However I can also branch out to other more calmer genres like wave music (vaporwave, synthwave, etc) and also certain Pops like Jack Stauber [b][i]I love hearing what y'all interested in, heck maybe I can even check out some that you guys listen to <3[/i][/b]
Greetings, my creepy beauties!
I'm just collecting small data on what the Flight Rising fanbase likes to listen. After that, you can tell me what bands/artists you like to listen as well (optional)

For me personally, I like rock/metal. Bands that I like to listen are Nirvana, Rammstein, Alice in Chains, Slipknot & many more. However I can also branch out to other more calmer genres like wave music (vaporwave, synthwave, etc) and also certain Pops like Jack Stauber

I love hearing what y'all interested in, heck maybe I can even check out some that you guys listen to <3
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
my top three are indie (not the slow, poppy indie ew- more like a weird kind of vibe? think glass animals), rock (something like mother mother) and electronic (think Chet faker :o)

band/people I’m hooked on rn are... yea that’s a lot. your song has gotta be rlly special for me to listen to rap. Freddie Dredd is the ONLY rap artist I like besides gorillaz. feel free to check these out- a lot of people say I have a good taste in music. also def check out mansionair they’re h e a v e n

- Bastille
- Glass animals
- Mother mother
- Sticky fingers
- Marina and the diamonds
- Milky chance
- Chet faker
- Cloudeater
- Tame impala
- Mystery skulls
- The Hoosiers
- Halsey
- Gorillaz
- Lana del Rey
- Hozier
- Mansionair
- Heavy English
- Avicii (bless his soul he died :c)
- Saint motel

edit: yoooo also heres my playlist if anyone wants to give it a listen!! i saw other ppl doing this so why not :o be warned it has like 700+ songs aha

edit again: guys if you see music from the sonic games then don’t judge me hey you gotta admit sega makes rlly good soundtracks
my top three are indie (not the slow, poppy indie ew- more like a weird kind of vibe? think glass animals), rock (something like mother mother) and electronic (think Chet faker :o)

band/people I’m hooked on rn are... yea that’s a lot. your song has gotta be rlly special for me to listen to rap. Freddie Dredd is the ONLY rap artist I like besides gorillaz. feel free to check these out- a lot of people say I have a good taste in music. also def check out mansionair they’re h e a v e n

- Bastille
- Glass animals
- Mother mother
- Sticky fingers
- Marina and the diamonds
- Milky chance
- Chet faker
- Cloudeater
- Tame impala
- Mystery skulls
- The Hoosiers
- Halsey
- Gorillaz
- Lana del Rey
- Hozier
- Mansionair
- Heavy English
- Avicii (bless his soul he died :c)
- Saint motel

edit: yoooo also heres my playlist if anyone wants to give it a listen!! i saw other ppl doing this so why not :o be warned it has like 700+ songs aha

edit again: guys if you see music from the sonic games then don’t judge me hey you gotta admit sega makes rlly good soundtracks
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
emo and i guess indie or something

this question is always like... what is a genre anymore...

like i listen to a lot of stuff and i'm sure that's normal. like jack stauber, psapp, they might be giants, brockhampton, the used, eve, courtney barnett, and lady lamb are all different genres from each other but i couldn't tell you what half of them even are

it's really interesting how music has gone from "this group of musicians sound similar" to "idk how to group any of these musicians literally at all because none sound remotely similar"

but like anyway it's emo for me although even that is like. the used, three days grace, death cab, mcr, and linkin park are all considered emo but death cab sounds most to me like you could put it in a playlist with like, emperor x which is not emo, and like... idk the national and it would all sound pretty complimentary despite all 3 of these not sounding anything like each other. and linkin park is not really emo but it's emo by proxy of emo kids listening to it in the early 2000s. three days grace is arguably rock or a harder alternative idk. a lot of these bands are not emo but are just emo by proxy, while i would say something lo-fi and depressing could be just as emo as helena by mcr

it's like not definitive i guess

sorry for rambling on your thread i just think the concept of genres is outdated, because how do you group art when there's so many different styles

for instance, what is jack stauber? what even is that

also my favorite musicians seem to be uuuuh. the used, eve, psapp, they might be giants, placebo, silversun pickups, jack stauber, lemon demon, afi, mcr, rilo kiley, courtney barnett, lady lamb, wye oak, the national, evanescence, the birthday massacre, emperor x, stars, arcade fire, los campesinos, and paramore

yeah

god i could ramble more about how i just grouped some of those artists on that note and they do not sound the same but i haven't slept much
emo and i guess indie or something

this question is always like... what is a genre anymore...

like i listen to a lot of stuff and i'm sure that's normal. like jack stauber, psapp, they might be giants, brockhampton, the used, eve, courtney barnett, and lady lamb are all different genres from each other but i couldn't tell you what half of them even are

it's really interesting how music has gone from "this group of musicians sound similar" to "idk how to group any of these musicians literally at all because none sound remotely similar"

but like anyway it's emo for me although even that is like. the used, three days grace, death cab, mcr, and linkin park are all considered emo but death cab sounds most to me like you could put it in a playlist with like, emperor x which is not emo, and like... idk the national and it would all sound pretty complimentary despite all 3 of these not sounding anything like each other. and linkin park is not really emo but it's emo by proxy of emo kids listening to it in the early 2000s. three days grace is arguably rock or a harder alternative idk. a lot of these bands are not emo but are just emo by proxy, while i would say something lo-fi and depressing could be just as emo as helena by mcr

it's like not definitive i guess

sorry for rambling on your thread i just think the concept of genres is outdated, because how do you group art when there's so many different styles

for instance, what is jack stauber? what even is that

also my favorite musicians seem to be uuuuh. the used, eve, psapp, they might be giants, placebo, silversun pickups, jack stauber, lemon demon, afi, mcr, rilo kiley, courtney barnett, lady lamb, wye oak, the national, evanescence, the birthday massacre, emperor x, stars, arcade fire, los campesinos, and paramore

yeah

god i could ramble more about how i just grouped some of those artists on that note and they do not sound the same but i haven't slept much
BBA05-EC1-29-DC-44-D7-9431-EED8-EB90-BBC6.gif
MIDNIGHT LOOMING, TRAPPED BY DESPERATION TO REMAIN
@Acilil ooo I'm familiar with a lot of what you listed. Might even check out some I haven't heard

@coopdrifter It's okay to ramble, we all have different thoughts. True, the concept of dividing music is a weird concept since most of the music don't even fit on certain categories (like for example when you asked "what is jack stauber? what even is that" I was also unsure where he belonged to until I looked it up to see he belongs in various amount of pop genres that I've never heard of). Other then that, you got an interesting music taste. Never heard of a lot of what you listed so I'll remind myself to listen to a few :o]
@Acilil ooo I'm familiar with a lot of what you listed. Might even check out some I haven't heard

@coopdrifter It's okay to ramble, we all have different thoughts. True, the concept of dividing music is a weird concept since most of the music don't even fit on certain categories (like for example when you asked "what is jack stauber? what even is that" I was also unsure where he belonged to until I looked it up to see he belongs in various amount of pop genres that I've never heard of). Other then that, you got an interesting music taste. Never heard of a lot of what you listed so I'll remind myself to listen to a few :o]
FObX7rS.png
oDtHYlL.png
koJv3g8.png
520DU0J.png
mlHpBMC.png
fkWjutW.png
hAWo4bz.gif
According to a Spotify statistic thing I mostly listen to different kinds of pop music. I also love country and rock music!

Bands/Artists include
Set It Off, Simple Plan, AJR, American Authors, Simon Curtis, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, and Taylor Swift.

Currently I'm just listening to like 2 songs and a lot of AJR and American Authors since that's my music hyperfixation atm.
According to a Spotify statistic thing I mostly listen to different kinds of pop music. I also love country and rock music!

Bands/Artists include
Set It Off, Simple Plan, AJR, American Authors, Simon Curtis, Luke Bryan, Toby Keith, and Taylor Swift.

Currently I'm just listening to like 2 songs and a lot of AJR and American Authors since that's my music hyperfixation atm.
She/Her | Pinging is always fine! | Current icon dragon is Rose | Yoyo trinket suggestion
uhhhh... idk? i have no clue what my preferred genre of music is, i like a bit of everything. i only actively listen to like two bands though LMAO. when i'm obsessed with a band, they're literally all i listen to until i eventually get burned out on them.

dance gavin dance is my favorite band, and has been for 13 years now. wikipedia describes them as post-hardcore but i feel like they're a genre of their own.
uhhhh... idk? i have no clue what my preferred genre of music is, i like a bit of everything. i only actively listen to like two bands though LMAO. when i'm obsessed with a band, they're literally all i listen to until i eventually get burned out on them.

dance gavin dance is my favorite band, and has been for 13 years now. wikipedia describes them as post-hardcore but i feel like they're a genre of their own.
9vd48xw.png
I listed to musicals. Lots and lots of musicals.

Some of my favorites:
Hamilton
Dear Evan Hansen
In The Heights
Come From Away
Wicked
Heathers
Bring It On
Beetlejuice
Six
21st Chump Street

Other than that, I end up listening to a ton of TikTok songs, which I feel are a genre on their own lmao. Quite a few pop songs and some throwbacks to the early 2000s. I also listen to Christian music!
I listed to musicals. Lots and lots of musicals.

Some of my favorites:
Hamilton
Dear Evan Hansen
In The Heights
Come From Away
Wicked
Heathers
Bring It On
Beetlejuice
Six
21st Chump Street

Other than that, I end up listening to a ton of TikTok songs, which I feel are a genre on their own lmao. Quite a few pop songs and some throwbacks to the early 2000s. I also listen to Christian music!
laV4cLs.gif
ayy rock/metal gang! My favorite sub-genres(cause there's a lot) are modern rock and rap-rock
My favorite bands are Hollywood Undead and Shinedown, but I also really like Motley Crue, Pop Evil, Thousand Foot Krutch, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, and Papa Roach
ayy rock/metal gang! My favorite sub-genres(cause there's a lot) are modern rock and rap-rock
My favorite bands are Hollywood Undead and Shinedown, but I also really like Motley Crue, Pop Evil, Thousand Foot Krutch, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, and Papa Roach
ElKYM7J.png 15pGtgT.png Ljw7JvQ.png bWeLCqf.png FAA7LEH.png mKP4GaJ.png
Electro-swing is my current fixation, but I've also obsessed over a mix of Cavetown, Cosmo Sheldrake, and Tally Hall in the past.

More commonly, I like a single song from an artist and the rest of their work is just kinda... blah.
Electro-swing is my current fixation, but I've also obsessed over a mix of Cavetown, Cosmo Sheldrake, and Tally Hall in the past.

More commonly, I like a single song from an artist and the rest of their work is just kinda... blah.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Mainly folk... and video game soundtracks.

I mean, in the time where I'm not filling my ears with Hozier, The Oh Hellos and Radical face, I'm re-listening to the Klonoa 2 and Final Fantasy 6 OSTs.
Mainly folk... and video game soundtracks.

I mean, in the time where I'm not filling my ears with Hozier, The Oh Hellos and Radical face, I'm re-listening to the Klonoa 2 and Final Fantasy 6 OSTs.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3