Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Songs that trigger those certain feels
1 2 3 4
Magma Cavern is a well-composed piece, but I do not like its context at all. For me it was the anthem of half a dozen "Sandshrew used Magnitude!"-s knocking out my recruits. Sky Tower was worse as a Chikorita player, but its music gets a hard pass because Magma Cavern actually sounds menacing.

As for the Monster House theme... also brings bad times to mind, but not for the reason it does for most people. I have found Monster Houses more often while doing dojo drill mazes than in actual dungeons. In a regular dungeon, dealing with them boils down to using a One-Shot orb and attacking whatever lives through it. In a maze, you have one Pokemon available to use and you're on a time limit of no more than a minute. Making it worse, there are no items to pick up and the toolkit is disabled, meaning that there is no reward for defeating all the hostile Pokemon and there is no way to see where the Monster House is.

Just to add insult to injury, they've popped up about half a dozen times in the Normal Maze as opposed to once in the Grass Maze. Unlike all the other mazes, Normal doesn't contain Pokemon weak to the namesake type. Instead, it has an assortment of horrors such as Shelgon with Protect and Beedrill with Twineedle, curated to stall and knock you out as long as possible. The first time I found a Monster House in that maze was long before they even start showing up in regular dungeons and I was not prepared for that possibility.
Magma Cavern is a well-composed piece, but I do not like its context at all. For me it was the anthem of half a dozen "Sandshrew used Magnitude!"-s knocking out my recruits. Sky Tower was worse as a Chikorita player, but its music gets a hard pass because Magma Cavern actually sounds menacing.

As for the Monster House theme... also brings bad times to mind, but not for the reason it does for most people. I have found Monster Houses more often while doing dojo drill mazes than in actual dungeons. In a regular dungeon, dealing with them boils down to using a One-Shot orb and attacking whatever lives through it. In a maze, you have one Pokemon available to use and you're on a time limit of no more than a minute. Making it worse, there are no items to pick up and the toolkit is disabled, meaning that there is no reward for defeating all the hostile Pokemon and there is no way to see where the Monster House is.

Just to add insult to injury, they've popped up about half a dozen times in the Normal Maze as opposed to once in the Grass Maze. Unlike all the other mazes, Normal doesn't contain Pokemon weak to the namesake type. Instead, it has an assortment of horrors such as Shelgon with Protect and Beedrill with Twineedle, curated to stall and knock you out as long as possible. The first time I found a Monster House in that maze was long before they even start showing up in regular dungeons and I was not prepared for that possibility.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo5_100.pngiiadg18.png
The Mind Electric by Miracle Musical

Depending on the day this song can either throw me into a deep and hollow sadness, or absolute and total fear as if I am the person on trial in the song.
The Mind Electric by Miracle Musical

Depending on the day this song can either throw me into a deep and hollow sadness, or absolute and total fear as if I am the person on trial in the song.
~ he/xe ~ FRT+2 ~
5bx25Vi.png
1 2 3 4