Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Talk to me about Silent Hill
1 2 3
LOOK I JUST. love. this game series and I want to talk about it

Fav Game: Silent Hill 1
Least Fav Game: Shattered Memories
Fav Character: Lisa Garland
Least Fav Character: Kaufmann

idk i just like that game
LOOK I JUST. love. this game series and I want to talk about it

Fav Game: Silent Hill 1
Least Fav Game: Shattered Memories
Fav Character: Lisa Garland
Least Fav Character: Kaufmann

idk i just like that game
I just love Lisa Garland, Silent Hill, Wolf 359

Find me on AO3 @ HappyLeech
Why is 1 your fave, and ShatMems your least fave? Same w/ those characters?
Why is 1 your fave, and ShatMems your least fave? Same w/ those characters?
OKAY

1 was the first one I played and I just...really loved it. Not to mention some of my favourite characters are in that game. the story is great too, even if it's a little hokey

OKAY SHITMOMZ/SHATMEMS IS THE W O R S T you take the first game and you """"re-imagine"""" it and you take out everything good about it. The cult? gone. Alessa? gone. Harry married to Dahlia? w h y (and it was just confusing and hard to play- I got lost a lot and eventually gave up, read about the endings, and got mad haha)

Lisa is...so good. I used to rp as her for like. 5 years? so I'm just connected to her. I love her too bc she doesn't...want anything, really? Other than Harry not to leave her, and....it had to happen ;;

KAUFMANN GO DIE CHALLENGE- okay he is. a scumbag. Lisa is 23 in SH1. In SH0, 7 years before, she's 16. And Kaufmann is providing her with drugs and sleeping with her???? and might be responsible for her death????? And he's a huge part of the cult and I just- he's the worst
OKAY

1 was the first one I played and I just...really loved it. Not to mention some of my favourite characters are in that game. the story is great too, even if it's a little hokey

OKAY SHITMOMZ/SHATMEMS IS THE W O R S T you take the first game and you """"re-imagine"""" it and you take out everything good about it. The cult? gone. Alessa? gone. Harry married to Dahlia? w h y (and it was just confusing and hard to play- I got lost a lot and eventually gave up, read about the endings, and got mad haha)

Lisa is...so good. I used to rp as her for like. 5 years? so I'm just connected to her. I love her too bc she doesn't...want anything, really? Other than Harry not to leave her, and....it had to happen ;;

KAUFMANN GO DIE CHALLENGE- okay he is. a scumbag. Lisa is 23 in SH1. In SH0, 7 years before, she's 16. And Kaufmann is providing her with drugs and sleeping with her???? and might be responsible for her death????? And he's a huge part of the cult and I just- he's the worst
I just love Lisa Garland, Silent Hill, Wolf 359

Find me on AO3 @ HappyLeech
I havent played them myself. I heard about their existence through the first movie and I hear its a bit different than the games. I tried watching Game Grumps play a few them but they’re so full on with their commentary sometimes.
I do like the music though, if that counts for anything.

I probably wont play them myself because me no like playing horror games, me no like the spooky scaries
I havent played them myself. I heard about their existence through the first movie and I hear its a bit different than the games. I tried watching Game Grumps play a few them but they’re so full on with their commentary sometimes.

I probably wont play them myself because me no like playing horror games, me no like the spooky scaries
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
[quote name="MyHartWillDrogon" date="2019-11-24 23:00:41" ] I havent played them myself. I heard about their existence through the first movie and I hear its a bit different than the games. I tried watching Game Grumps play a few them but they’re so full on with their commentary sometimes. I do like the music though, if that counts for anything. I probably wont play them myself because me no like playing horror games, me no like the spooky scaries [/quote] Another LPer I like, SuperGreatFriend, played one and two. He's awesome and has a great fanbase. Little to none of the toxic stuff that seems to accumulate around LPers. His Deadly Premonition LP is another that I can recommend, among a lot of others. He likes weird, offbeat games that few people have even heard of. Illbleed, Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, Vampire Boyfriends....oh, man, the fun I've had watching him. Vampire Boyfriends is an EXPERIENCE. Best ending tho.
MyHartWillDrogon wrote on 2019-11-24 23:00:41:

Another LPer I like, SuperGreatFriend, played one and two. He's awesome and has a great fanbase. Little to none of the toxic stuff that seems to accumulate around LPers.

His Deadly Premonition LP is another that I can recommend, among a lot of others. He likes weird, offbeat games that few people have even heard of. Illbleed, Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, Vampire Boyfriends....oh, man, the fun I've had watching him.

Vampire Boyfriends is an EXPERIENCE. Best ending tho.
I uhh cant really watch youtubers play games because i hate listening to their commentary. I could watch no commentary stuff, i guess. I dont really watch youtube much anymore.
I uhh cant really watch youtubers play games because i hate listening to their commentary. I could watch no commentary stuff, i guess. I dont really watch youtube much anymore.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
That's fair! I just wanted to share ^w^
That's fair! I just wanted to share ^w^
Did someone mention Silent Hill? One of my all-time favourite series, second only to the Souls games.

@MyHartWillDrogon

If you did manage to, I recommend SHN Survival Horror Network on YTube. No commentary, tends to be pretty in-depth with their playthroughs and I think they have done all of the SH games. Only downside is they tend to do their games as one long video (the SH 1 vid is about 3 hours long).
Did someone mention Silent Hill? One of my all-time favourite series, second only to the Souls games.

@MyHartWillDrogon

If you did manage to, I recommend SHN Survival Horror Network on YTube. No commentary, tends to be pretty in-depth with their playthroughs and I think they have done all of the SH games. Only downside is they tend to do their games as one long video (the SH 1 vid is about 3 hours long).
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I still wonder what silent hills would have been like. Death stranding is great but if it had been more horror themed that would have been more my style.
I still wonder what silent hills would have been like. Death stranding is great but if it had been more horror themed that would have been more my style.
QqwiU1r.png
the
price
you pay
QqwiU1r.png QqwiU1r.png jJO64nG.png
Hey guys have you heard about that new sick Silent Hill game coming out? With 4k Ultra HD graphics? Well actually it is TWO new Silent Hill games! Silent Hill Escape and Silent Hill Return! Check it out man doesn't look absolutely amazing amirite? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/324321727062605824/636392037524045834/unknown.png[/img] (/s) ...... And yes this exists sadly... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rO-i-0Wkhc And ofc, the comments and ratings are turned off the moment it is uploaded. But anyways yeah I have always been interested in Silent Hill mostly 2 as I believe that game was truly groundbreaking in its time (not saying 1 isn't though!) with it's insane and interesting story, twists, and characters. I still remember when you beat the game [spoiler]When you beat the game and Mary reads out her actual full letter to you in her voice, I feel like it is just so impactful and how your ended is dictated by how you played the game not just through dialogue choices but your actual in character actions.[/spoiler] I know a lot of people like to say the voice acting is bad in the original 2 (idk if it changed at all in the HD remake or whatever) but I honestly feel like it is really good in a weird way. Like yes the voice acting is objectively bad for like Hollywood standards but I feel like the way all the major characters talk honestly reflects how dead inside they really are. Maybe I'm just looking too deep and it was completely unintentional but that's how I feel about it. I was also super interested in PT when it came out and was excited for Silent Hills... but we all know how that turned out...
Hey guys have you heard about that new sick Silent Hill game coming out? With 4k Ultra HD graphics? Well actually it is TWO new Silent Hill games! Silent Hill Escape and Silent Hill Return! Check it out man doesn't look absolutely amazing amirite? unknown.png
(/s)
...... And yes this exists sadly... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rO-i-0Wkhc
And ofc, the comments and ratings are turned off the moment it is uploaded.

But anyways yeah I have always been interested in Silent Hill mostly 2 as I believe that game was truly groundbreaking in its time (not saying 1 isn't though!) with it's insane and interesting story, twists, and characters. I still remember when you beat the game When you beat the game and Mary reads out her actual full letter to you in her voice, I feel like it is just so impactful and how your ended is dictated by how you played the game not just through dialogue choices but your actual in character actions. I know a lot of people like to say the voice acting is bad in the original 2 (idk if it changed at all in the HD remake or whatever) but I honestly feel like it is really good in a weird way. Like yes the voice acting is objectively bad for like Hollywood standards but I feel like the way all the major characters talk honestly reflects how dead inside they really are. Maybe I'm just looking too deep and it was completely unintentional but that's how I feel about it.

I was also super interested in PT when it came out and was excited for Silent Hills... but we all know how that turned out...
1 2 3