Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what scared the daylights out of kid you
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20
[color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4]Kind of an odd one; I was extremely frightened of the bat enemy from one of my favourite games as a kid, The DOG Island. When you look at the bat enemy in-game, they're actually pretty cute. [center][img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dogisland/images/d/d1/Download_%283%29.jpg[/img][/center] [color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4]They don't do much damage, but they can stun you and trap you for a bit, which scared me to no end. Plus they chase you if you wake them, and you can't see where they are until they're right behind you, which certainly did NOT make it any better. [url=https://youtu.be/WLyGv9uz4PQ?t=55]Here's[/url] an example of what they do once they're chasing you. If it weren't for the god awful bats, the location they're commonly found in would be my favourite area in the game, as the music is gorgeous. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9EVp9T4iY4]Here's the music![/url] I call it odd because the game has enemies that do WAY more damage and chase after you (snakes, hogs, bears, crocodiles, poisonous snakes that leech away your hearts/life) yet 7 year old me didn't even bat an eye at them. [s]it's been 10+ years and i'm still absolutely horrified of these bats. whenever i go back to play the game i instantly am filled with fear the moment i see them.[/s]
Kind of an odd one; I was extremely frightened of the bat enemy from one of my favourite games as a kid, The DOG Island.

When you look at the bat enemy in-game, they're actually pretty cute.
Download_%283%29.jpg
They don't do much damage, but they can stun you and trap you for a bit, which scared me to no end. Plus they chase you if you wake them, and you can't see where they are until they're right behind you, which certainly did NOT make it any better. Here's an example of what they do once they're chasing you.
If it weren't for the god awful bats, the location they're commonly found in would be my favourite area in the game, as the music is gorgeous. Here's the music!

I call it odd because the game has enemies that do WAY more damage and chase after you (snakes, hogs, bears, crocodiles, poisonous snakes that leech away your hearts/life) yet 7 year old me didn't even bat an eye at them.

it's been 10+ years and i'm still absolutely horrified of these bats. whenever i go back to play the game i instantly am filled with fear the moment i see them.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
the song thriller by micheal jackson.
the song thriller by micheal jackson.
she/he/they | fr + 3
Darkness.
Darkness.
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
E.T

To this day, every single time I hear the intro for that movie, I run in the nearest closet.
E.T

To this day, every single time I hear the intro for that movie, I run in the nearest closet.
ayato_chibi_small.png powerchords
they/he
link goes here
link goes here
link goes here
semi-active
Even now, I don't like turning off the light downstairs to go upstairs at night...
I always feel like something from the darkness is going to chase me up, so I always run up the stairs.
Even now, I don't like turning off the light downstairs to go upstairs at night...
I always feel like something from the darkness is going to chase me up, so I always run up the stairs.
yehet! oho, rat!----

J A E

She/They
INFJ | Gemini
USA: Fr+3
1157000853.png
-- tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
.-listen-

previously StarGatherer
LF swan lake vista
parades/orange walks. dont know why, i just remember having my first panic attack when a parade went down the street we lived on and i had one every time after that. they really scared me.

also, the queen from alice in wonderland. i watched that movie recently and got really scared of her again........ im 25.
parades/orange walks. dont know why, i just remember having my first panic attack when a parade went down the street we lived on and i had one every time after that. they really scared me.

also, the queen from alice in wonderland. i watched that movie recently and got really scared of her again........ im 25.
iceshieldr.png___

ERIDAN h03-icon-twinkle.gif HE/HIM h03-icon-twinkle.gif FR +8
if i remain lost & die on a cross
at least i wasn't born in a manger
This one dark ride in my country's best themepark, the Efteling... The ride is called Fata Morgana, think a ride like Disney's PotC, but with an Arabic 1000-and-one nights theme.

There's this one part of the ride where the boat goes through a sort of dungeon/prison before going into the palace. There are life sized crocodile animatronics and guards and such and a couple of flooded cells... and there's a prisoner animatronic in one of these cells, the water up to his nose while he's clinging to the bars, gurgling and about to drown because he keeps going almost completely under...

That one animatronic gave me horrible nightmares for years, that I was in its place, desperately clinging to the bars until I no longer couldn't, and drowned.

I've had a fear of drowning for as long as I can remember. All my life basically, I remember I had the same recurring nightmare of drowning in our backyard pond when I was 4 years old. Maybe drowning is how I died in a previous life, I dunno. :')

But that one scene in Fata Morgana... that didn't help my drowning phobia. I loved the ride but each and every time we entered the dungeon area I'd close my eyes and plug my ears until we were passed it.

I can look at it now no problem, but that has taken me years. I'm 32 now and I still don't like that part of the ride, ugh.
This one dark ride in my country's best themepark, the Efteling... The ride is called Fata Morgana, think a ride like Disney's PotC, but with an Arabic 1000-and-one nights theme.

There's this one part of the ride where the boat goes through a sort of dungeon/prison before going into the palace. There are life sized crocodile animatronics and guards and such and a couple of flooded cells... and there's a prisoner animatronic in one of these cells, the water up to his nose while he's clinging to the bars, gurgling and about to drown because he keeps going almost completely under...

That one animatronic gave me horrible nightmares for years, that I was in its place, desperately clinging to the bars until I no longer couldn't, and drowned.

I've had a fear of drowning for as long as I can remember. All my life basically, I remember I had the same recurring nightmare of drowning in our backyard pond when I was 4 years old. Maybe drowning is how I died in a previous life, I dunno. :')

But that one scene in Fata Morgana... that didn't help my drowning phobia. I loved the ride but each and every time we entered the dungeon area I'd close my eyes and plug my ears until we were passed it.

I can look at it now no problem, but that has taken me years. I'm 32 now and I still don't like that part of the ride, ugh.
Hoarding:
Wildwood Owlet 9 hours ahead of FR Sakura Owlet
so my dad used to watch The Dark Crystal on a big tv we have in our house and being a tiny stupid kid i would sometimes look up or watch it with him and hoO BOI

i think im scarred for life because that scared me a l o t :")
so my dad used to watch The Dark Crystal on a big tv we have in our house and being a tiny stupid kid i would sometimes look up or watch it with him and hoO BOI

i think im scarred for life because that scared me a l o t :")
plague_survive_large_by_seepranne-d7epv1n.gif
Event Horizon. I wasn't supposed to see it but I snuck down stairs to watch it as a kid. Biggest regret. The devil dude from another dimension scared the crud out of me because he had no skin and was only muscle and had super evil vibes. I referred to him as The Ham Man. My parents thought it was hilarious. He haunted my nightmares for years.
Event Horizon. I wasn't supposed to see it but I snuck down stairs to watch it as a kid. Biggest regret. The devil dude from another dimension scared the crud out of me because he had no skin and was only muscle and had super evil vibes. I referred to him as The Ham Man. My parents thought it was hilarious. He haunted my nightmares for years.
ky82ASU.gifv1YXSNU.pngpzHLHqb.png yMJvT3V.png
Terrified of the vacuum thing from Teletubbies. My parent gave me a plushie of him, and I flipped out, having nightmares for weeks on end about it. Eventually, they let me throw him inside a bin at a Goodwill so he could be given to someone else. Horrifying. Looking back at it, it's just a vacuum bin with eyes, but STILL...
Terrified of the vacuum thing from Teletubbies. My parent gave me a plushie of him, and I flipped out, having nightmares for weeks on end about it. Eventually, they let me throw him inside a bin at a Goodwill so he could be given to someone else. Horrifying. Looking back at it, it's just a vacuum bin with eyes, but STILL...
act
imp inthusiast
he/him
please ping on reply
Wq7yxTc.gif
exchange
Nearku%2527s%2BDya.png
hatchbannersmall.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 20