Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Unpopular Anime Opinions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Arc V is the best yugioh series. fight me
Arc V is the best yugioh series. fight me
1TB4s5b.gif
r5XHsz9.gifg8SAVjp.gif
vPStQI3.gifCkbRBhK.gif
S9SNdcc.gif 3a2eEFc.gif TEIDUqh.gif
@smolrogue Dude yes the Netflix shows are so underrated and I hardly hear anyone talk about them. Saiki K is possibly my favorite comedy anime ever and Castlevania is fantastic all around and extremely well executed. I haven’t seen Devilman Crybaby yet but it’s on my list to check out at some point.
@smolrogue Dude yes the Netflix shows are so underrated and I hardly hear anyone talk about them. Saiki K is possibly my favorite comedy anime ever and Castlevania is fantastic all around and extremely well executed. I haven’t seen Devilman Crybaby yet but it’s on my list to check out at some point.
Never be afraid to ping me!
I agree with the overrated point and the JoJo bit-

Here's mine lol:
-Chase isn't nearly as bad as people say it is, but it's not good enough to be a JoJo op.
-Season 0 Yu-Gi-Oh was the best (I don't think too many people even know about season 0, I could be wrong tho)
-I forgot
I agree with the overrated point and the JoJo bit-

Here's mine lol:
-Chase isn't nearly as bad as people say it is, but it's not good enough to be a JoJo op.
-Season 0 Yu-Gi-Oh was the best (I don't think too many people even know about season 0, I could be wrong tho)
-I forgot
Battle catsss
they/she|FR+9
[quote name="FangirlGoddess" date="2019-11-10 16:59:42" ] here's mine - FMA's emotional depth > FMA:B emotional depth [/quote] @FangirlGoddes YES THIS. -2003 FMA was way better than Brotherhood. The original series had way better pacing by [i]far[/i], the animation has higher quality, the characters were more expressive, and the plot was wayyy more emotionally investing. I feel like Brotherhood is so... stiff. Just compare how the scenes with Nina were executed and you can definitely tell the difference. The Homunculi's origins and plots were way more engaging and emotional than they are in Brotherhood. Wrath's death was one of the saddest moments in the show like holy crap. -Up until he went crazy, Light Yagami was right. -Despite it's flaws, I still enjoyed the Tokyo Ghoul anime, but that's because I was heavily invested in the manga. -Most of today's mainstream anime is boring af. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like anime that's 10+ years old has more depth and is more interesting. There's also a lot more sexualization in today's stuff than there used to be imo, and that's a huge turnoff for me to watch a lot of stuff. -(idk if this belongs here, but Voltron didn't deserve half the crap it got considering that the only thing the fans obsessed about was shipping and the character's sexualities. It had it's flaws obviously and the last season wasn't that good, but damn, it was still a highly enjoyable show.)
FangirlGoddess wrote on 2019-11-10 16:59:42:
here's mine
- FMA's emotional depth > FMA:B emotional depth

@FangirlGoddes
YES THIS.

-2003 FMA was way better than Brotherhood. The original series had way better pacing by far, the animation has higher quality, the characters were more expressive, and the plot was wayyy more emotionally investing. I feel like Brotherhood is so... stiff. Just compare how the scenes with Nina were executed and you can definitely tell the difference. The Homunculi's origins and plots were way more engaging and emotional than they are in Brotherhood. Wrath's death was one of the saddest moments in the show like holy crap.

-Up until he went crazy, Light Yagami was right.

-Despite it's flaws, I still enjoyed the Tokyo Ghoul anime, but that's because I was heavily invested in the manga.

-Most of today's mainstream anime is boring af. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like anime that's 10+ years old has more depth and is more interesting. There's also a lot more sexualization in today's stuff than there used to be imo, and that's a huge turnoff for me to watch a lot of stuff.

-(idk if this belongs here, but Voltron didn't deserve half the crap it got considering that the only thing the fans obsessed about was shipping and the character's sexualities. It had it's flaws obviously and the last season wasn't that good, but damn, it was still a highly enjoyable show.)
ybwf4f9.gif
I can't comprehend why people like the protagonist of Dr.Stone, he's so unlikely and r/iamverysmart that it makes the whole anime boring. Dr.Stone could be much more interesting if the leek-haired "I am very smart" didn't exist and the "dumb" man was the one that had to figure everything out on his own, imo.
I can't comprehend why people like the protagonist of Dr.Stone, he's so unlikely and r/iamverysmart that it makes the whole anime boring. Dr.Stone could be much more interesting if the leek-haired "I am very smart" didn't exist and the "dumb" man was the one that had to figure everything out on his own, imo.
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
-You disgusting people need to stop shipping bakugou with literally anyone. He is a jerk and needs to just calm down for a second. Also, why does todoroki have 2 quirks when literally every other human with parents who have quirks should be the same way?

-Incest, in any form, is disgusting. Like you weird shippers need to think for a moment. You are not attracted to your sibling, so why should this character be attracted to theirs?
-You disgusting people need to stop shipping bakugou with literally anyone. He is a jerk and needs to just calm down for a second. Also, why does todoroki have 2 quirks when literally every other human with parents who have quirks should be the same way?

-Incest, in any form, is disgusting. Like you weird shippers need to think for a moment. You are not attracted to your sibling, so why should this character be attracted to theirs?
v2PJF9u.png 6kR982D.pngWn6vGC1.png
[quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-11-15 19:06:25" ] I can't comprehend why people like the protagonist of Dr.Stone, he's so unlikely and r/iamverysmart that it makes the whole anime boring. Dr.Stone could be much more interesting if the leek-haired "I am very smart" didn't exist and the "dumb" man was the one that had to figure everything out on his own, imo. [/quote] Am watching this anime for some reason. I agree. I also hate how the female characters are drawn.
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-11-15 19:06:25:
Am watching this anime for some reason. I agree. I also hate how the female characters are drawn.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
The animation in season one of Sailormoon: Crystal isn't awful. It was done quickly, but I like the "noodly arms" bit in the transformation sequences - it shows just how surreal the idea of changing via magic could be.

I am not a fan of the Sailor Senshi/Four Kings shipping. There was one image Naoko Takeuchi drew, and the fandom spiraled it from there, then Crystal made it canon. No. We do not need an automatic love match for each of them. Plus, if Sailor Moon is based on the power of love, and the relationships were meant to be true love (as seen in Crystal), then Beryl should not have been able to sway them as easily, especially in the beginning, when she was still growing used to Metallia's powers.

Taiki is not the worst Sailor Senshi. Why all the Taiki hate?

The DiC dub wasn't that bad for its time. It got a lot of people into anime, and while it can be really cringe-inducing now, I would never have gotten into anime without it. "Molly" and "Nephlyte" sold me on the show.

The new dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion is really good! The new translation makes more sense than the older releases.

Hating on Shinji isn't fair to the trauma the character's experienced. Given how much he's dealt with, it's a wonder his mind hasn't shattered completely.

Grell Sutcliffe from Black Butler is not overrated or pure comic relief. She is a very gutsy woman that the rest of the characters do not understand. She is also, depsite what Yano says, a lady. She self-identifies as a lady/woman. She is also a bloodthirsty obsessive lady, yes, but given the traits of the rest of the characters, it's refreshing to see someone openly stating what they do and do not like.

DVDs of the live-action musicals based on anime series should be available for purchase outside of Japan, with subtitles. I don't care if it makes them ridiculously expensive - I want the ability to legally purchase and watch and own them, even if I have to save up to do it.
The animation in season one of Sailormoon: Crystal isn't awful. It was done quickly, but I like the "noodly arms" bit in the transformation sequences - it shows just how surreal the idea of changing via magic could be.

I am not a fan of the Sailor Senshi/Four Kings shipping. There was one image Naoko Takeuchi drew, and the fandom spiraled it from there, then Crystal made it canon. No. We do not need an automatic love match for each of them. Plus, if Sailor Moon is based on the power of love, and the relationships were meant to be true love (as seen in Crystal), then Beryl should not have been able to sway them as easily, especially in the beginning, when she was still growing used to Metallia's powers.

Taiki is not the worst Sailor Senshi. Why all the Taiki hate?

The DiC dub wasn't that bad for its time. It got a lot of people into anime, and while it can be really cringe-inducing now, I would never have gotten into anime without it. "Molly" and "Nephlyte" sold me on the show.

The new dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion is really good! The new translation makes more sense than the older releases.

Hating on Shinji isn't fair to the trauma the character's experienced. Given how much he's dealt with, it's a wonder his mind hasn't shattered completely.

Grell Sutcliffe from Black Butler is not overrated or pure comic relief. She is a very gutsy woman that the rest of the characters do not understand. She is also, depsite what Yano says, a lady. She self-identifies as a lady/woman. She is also a bloodthirsty obsessive lady, yes, but given the traits of the rest of the characters, it's refreshing to see someone openly stating what they do and do not like.

DVDs of the live-action musicals based on anime series should be available for purchase outside of Japan, with subtitles. I don't care if it makes them ridiculously expensive - I want the ability to legally purchase and watch and own them, even if I have to save up to do it.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
-Go watch Dororo
-Gundam ZZ is better than Gundam Zeta
-Gundam Wing is fun for nostalgia, but it's actually pretty terrible
-Pokemon Adventures is better than the anime
-I didn't like Gundam IBO's second season
-I liked Gundam 00's second season

...Yeah, outside of having seen parts of Naruto, Bleach, FMA, DBZ, Code Geass, Death Note, and a few other shows when I was a kid, I haven't seen most of the other shows mentioned in this thread.
-Go watch Dororo
-Gundam ZZ is better than Gundam Zeta
-Gundam Wing is fun for nostalgia, but it's actually pretty terrible
-Pokemon Adventures is better than the anime
-I didn't like Gundam IBO's second season
-I liked Gundam 00's second season

...Yeah, outside of having seen parts of Naruto, Bleach, FMA, DBZ, Code Geass, Death Note, and a few other shows when I was a kid, I haven't seen most of the other shows mentioned in this thread.
Well...

- Yeah, AoT is overrated (and a little boring to me)... But this opinion may change if I actually read the manga. Oh, and I dislike Eren so much. Probably the only anime with such an unlikable protagonist.
- I hated Tokyo Ghoul's ending.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion confused the hell out of me. To this day, I don't understand the ending.
- I liked Sword Art Online
- I liked Sasuke
- Kingdom's anime has a high rating but damn, it sucks so bad compared to the manga. The live action was surprisingly decent.
- I find the story of Kimetsu no Yaiba boring. The action was outstanding, though. (maybe the manga is better?)
- I've never been into yaoi and just don't see the appeal.
- I think Midoriya is OP with 6 different quirks.
- One Punch Man was good but not great
- I couldn't get into Cells at Work. It felt like a kid's show. (Which it probably is.)
Well...

- Yeah, AoT is overrated (and a little boring to me)... But this opinion may change if I actually read the manga. Oh, and I dislike Eren so much. Probably the only anime with such an unlikable protagonist.
- I hated Tokyo Ghoul's ending.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion confused the hell out of me. To this day, I don't understand the ending.
- I liked Sword Art Online
- I liked Sasuke
- Kingdom's anime has a high rating but damn, it sucks so bad compared to the manga. The live action was surprisingly decent.
- I find the story of Kimetsu no Yaiba boring. The action was outstanding, though. (maybe the manga is better?)
- I've never been into yaoi and just don't see the appeal.
- I think Midoriya is OP with 6 different quirks.
- One Punch Man was good but not great
- I couldn't get into Cells at Work. It felt like a kid's show. (Which it probably is.)
Vj90o7H.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8