Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | College Students, Where Ya At?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
Heyo, I'm in my country's equivalent of college (or vocational university? IDK that's how wikipedia translates it but I guess it's close enough lol) studying to become a nurse. All goes well and I should be an official nurse this December! I'm getting that impostor syndrome big time though, feeling like I've learnt nothing these past three years and soon I'm expected to just take care of people's health all by myself. But it's probably just stress talking right now, I'm absolutely swamped with work :')
Heyo, I'm in my country's equivalent of college (or vocational university? IDK that's how wikipedia translates it but I guess it's close enough lol) studying to become a nurse. All goes well and I should be an official nurse this December! I'm getting that impostor syndrome big time though, feeling like I've learnt nothing these past three years and soon I'm expected to just take care of people's health all by myself. But it's probably just stress talking right now, I'm absolutely swamped with work :')
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
eyyy another premed sufferer! im currently debating whether to go for a DO, MD, or MD-PhD. i plan to specialize in pathology, specifically, forensics,and become a medical examiner. ive gotten quite accustomed to the field through some research/internship experience, so i am PUMPED to get there someday. anat&phys is my jam (hence why i want to be basically dissecting things daily as a job). i graduate this semester, and it's sure been a wild ride.

psychiatry sounds so interesting tho! i have a friend considering that as a path, as well as considering a path in forensic psychology. I'm trying to convince her haha
eyyy another premed sufferer! im currently debating whether to go for a DO, MD, or MD-PhD. i plan to specialize in pathology, specifically, forensics,and become a medical examiner. ive gotten quite accustomed to the field through some research/internship experience, so i am PUMPED to get there someday. anat&phys is my jam (hence why i want to be basically dissecting things daily as a job). i graduate this semester, and it's sure been a wild ride.

psychiatry sounds so interesting tho! i have a friend considering that as a path, as well as considering a path in forensic psychology. I'm trying to convince her haha
16453.png16479.png16477.png16454.png
NOTE: my username is quinceLy, not quincy/quincey --- den/lair cleanout!!
@crease
Aww, I kind of understand that. I think that's going to end up being me next semester... That'll be fun to live with your friends! I'm sure college will be great for you :)

@Denryu
That's so cool! Nurses are honestly so chill. Aww, I'm sure you'll do great. Do you only have to do three years there before you're on your own as a nurse? Or do you have residencies and stuff like that still?

@quincely
Heyy! I'm thinking of doing DO, but that's mainly because I love my school and they have a medical school which is a DO school. Are you leaning one way or the other? Is one better for your field? Forensics is honestly so interesting. You're almost done, you've got it! Do you have a plan for after you graduate?
Yes, psychiatry is so fun! I'm really excited to get to doing more with it.
@crease
Aww, I kind of understand that. I think that's going to end up being me next semester... That'll be fun to live with your friends! I'm sure college will be great for you :)

@Denryu
That's so cool! Nurses are honestly so chill. Aww, I'm sure you'll do great. Do you only have to do three years there before you're on your own as a nurse? Or do you have residencies and stuff like that still?

@quincely
Heyy! I'm thinking of doing DO, but that's mainly because I love my school and they have a medical school which is a DO school. Are you leaning one way or the other? Is one better for your field? Forensics is honestly so interesting. You're almost done, you've got it! Do you have a plan for after you graduate?
Yes, psychiatry is so fun! I'm really excited to get to doing more with it.
Geophysics student here, which I really enjoy bc damn geosciences is an underappreciated study which I'll heartfully recommend. But right now I'm on a break since I'm doing my conscription in the Navy :) I kinda wanna get a part time job as an ordinary seaman when I'm done with that since I really do enjoy working at sea.
Geophysics student here, which I really enjoy bc damn geosciences is an underappreciated study which I'll heartfully recommend. But right now I'm on a break since I'm doing my conscription in the Navy :) I kinda wanna get a part time job as an ordinary seaman when I'm done with that since I really do enjoy working at sea.
by-knighterrant.png
@AlwaysFlying
Around here it's three and a half years of studying, including 10 short (5-7 weeks each) residencies in different wards. I've really enjoyed all the residencies so far, so maybe I'll do just fine on my own as well :)
@AlwaysFlying
Around here it's three and a half years of studying, including 10 short (5-7 weeks each) residencies in different wards. I've really enjoyed all the residencies so far, so maybe I'll do just fine on my own as well :)
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
Oddly enough, I get more sleep in college than I ever did before lol

Anyways! Yeah I'm a senior biology major (who's tying this from their biostats class oof)
Oddly enough, I get more sleep in college than I ever did before lol

Anyways! Yeah I'm a senior biology major (who's tying this from their biostats class oof)
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
hey!!

i’m currently a sophomore but i have about 6-7 more years left in college, so that’ll be fun. LOL talk about that debt. i’ve accepted it though, and honestly the thought of being in college for so long doesn’t bother me, especially considering it’ll lead me to my dream career!

i’m currently a biology major going into pre-vet! i don’t currently have a minor, but i was thinking of going with something along the lines of environmental studies, animal science, or just plain chemistry depending on where i transfer to. (i’m currently in community college for a year to fix my pre-reqs and save money)

my dream is to get into university of pennsylvania for grad school! they’ve got a very good veterinary program!
hey!!

i’m currently a sophomore but i have about 6-7 more years left in college, so that’ll be fun. LOL talk about that debt. i’ve accepted it though, and honestly the thought of being in college for so long doesn’t bother me, especially considering it’ll lead me to my dream career!

i’m currently a biology major going into pre-vet! i don’t currently have a minor, but i was thinking of going with something along the lines of environmental studies, animal science, or just plain chemistry depending on where i transfer to. (i’m currently in community college for a year to fix my pre-reqs and save money)

my dream is to get into university of pennsylvania for grad school! they’ve got a very good veterinary program!
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
@Anchoram
That's interesting, I don't really know much about geophysics to be honest haha. What's your favorite thing about working at sea?

@Denryu
Ah, I see. I'm sure you'll be fine! I doubt anyone expects you to know everything :)

@ImpossibleJedi4
Teach me your ways! What do you want to do with your major after college? Do you know yet?

@Negative
Ugh, I feel you on the debt thing. I think I have about 8.5 years left? Plus residencies? Ooh, I feel like being a vet would be so interesting! Although I'd probably get too sad seeing animals in pain haha. What made you want to go into that field?
@Anchoram
That's interesting, I don't really know much about geophysics to be honest haha. What's your favorite thing about working at sea?

@Denryu
Ah, I see. I'm sure you'll be fine! I doubt anyone expects you to know everything :)

@ImpossibleJedi4
Teach me your ways! What do you want to do with your major after college? Do you know yet?

@Negative
Ugh, I feel you on the debt thing. I think I have about 8.5 years left? Plus residencies? Ooh, I feel like being a vet would be so interesting! Although I'd probably get too sad seeing animals in pain haha. What made you want to go into that field?
@AlwaysFlying
I'm a MAJOR night owl, so I just set up classes so that i can sleep in some. I sleep better and feel better on my own schedule!

But yeah my goal is vet school! I'm taking a gap year in between though, to work and make some money
@AlwaysFlying
I'm a MAJOR night owl, so I just set up classes so that i can sleep in some. I sleep better and feel better on my own schedule!

But yeah my goal is vet school! I'm taking a gap year in between though, to work and make some money
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@ImpossibleJedi4
That's so nice. I'm honestly not a night person OR a morning person, I'm just a... person who's always tired I guess haha.
How many years is vet school?
@ImpossibleJedi4
That's so nice. I'm honestly not a night person OR a morning person, I'm just a... person who's always tired I guess haha.
How many years is vet school?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29