Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird things you believed as a kid?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="BadLuck" date="2019-04-15 05:19:38" ] I would also believe inanimate objects had feelings and would feel sad if unused or left behind I obviously know better now, but that doesnt stop me from shooting a quick "oh sorry" when I bump into a table or kick a pillow off the bed [/quote] Same here. I also used to think the tooth fairy was really lonesome, so I left presents under my pillow (like an empty candy box filled with beads).
BadLuck wrote on 2019-04-15 05:19:38:
I would also believe inanimate objects had feelings and would feel sad if unused or left behind

I obviously know better now, but that doesnt stop me from shooting a quick "oh sorry" when I bump into a table or kick a pillow off the bed
Same here.
I also used to think the tooth fairy was really lonesome, so I left presents under my pillow (like an empty candy box filled with beads).
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
i used to (and still kinda do it out of habit/slight terror) hold my breath when passing graveyards bc i thought that i would breathe in a ghost and they would steal my body.

i also used to think my stuffed animals were alive, toy story style
i used to (and still kinda do it out of habit/slight terror) hold my breath when passing graveyards bc i thought that i would breathe in a ghost and they would steal my body.

i also used to think my stuffed animals were alive, toy story style
I used to believe my plushies were all alive, and they would secretly roam the house at night when I was asleep. Or when I was around they would be still, but when I was away they would move and talk and play.
I used to believe my plushies were all alive, and they would secretly roam the house at night when I was asleep. Or when I was around they would be still, but when I was away they would move and talk and play.
...I thought Andrew Jackson and Samuel L. Jackson were the same person.

Only found out when I was 16, when I said, "you know, Samuel L. Jackson, the guy on the $20 bill"
...I thought Andrew Jackson and Samuel L. Jackson were the same person.

Only found out when I was 16, when I said, "you know, Samuel L. Jackson, the guy on the $20 bill"
ZqzSvdM.pngtp1Axxm.pngISNOTMS.png
I used to think that clouds moved on their own and the wind was caused by them.

I also thought babies were born through the mother's belly button.
I used to think that clouds moved on their own and the wind was caused by them.

I also thought babies were born through the mother's belly button.
pretty common, but i used to think toys and other inanimate objects could move on their own. as a kid i would walk out of my room and try and spy on my toys becuz i believed they were alive cx such fun times

also i thought God was a spect of dust, idk why but i really believed they were for the longest time
pretty common, but i used to think toys and other inanimate objects could move on their own. as a kid i would walk out of my room and try and spy on my toys becuz i believed they were alive cx such fun times

also i thought God was a spect of dust, idk why but i really believed they were for the longest time
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
When I was really little, I once asked my mom what she would've done if I had been born a boy instead. She said (jokingly, of course) that she would've drowned me in the local creek because she didn't know what she'd do with all that energy. The thing is, I didn't realize she was joking. I was traumatized at the time, but it's pretty funny in hindsight XD.
When I was really little, I once asked my mom what she would've done if I had been born a boy instead. She said (jokingly, of course) that she would've drowned me in the local creek because she didn't know what she'd do with all that energy. The thing is, I didn't realize she was joking. I was traumatized at the time, but it's pretty funny in hindsight XD.
Please help me raise my Dragon Cave hatchlings and hatch my eggs by viewing and clicking on them. :D (A big thank you to everyone who has already helped!)
I thought my aunt and uncle were neighbors with the president... the same uncle also told kid me that there was a thing called "the beanie baby farm"
I thought my aunt and uncle were neighbors with the president... the same uncle also told kid me that there was a thing called "the beanie baby farm"
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
This thread is so fun to read through xD

- My mom always called french toast 'eggy bread', so that's all I knew. I had no idea what 'french toast' was until around 8th grade

- I always held my breath when walking behind a running car, I was scared that if I inhaled any exhaust fumes I'd burn my lungs

- On one of our road trips we took when I was very little, my parents were talking via walkie talkie (mom drove her car while dad and I were in his) and my dad says 'Hey I just saw Bin Laden wrapped in bubble wrap on the side of the road!' To this day I have no idea what he was talking about but yeah I believed him at the time, told all my friends that Bin Laden was hiding somewhere in TN xD
This thread is so fun to read through xD

- My mom always called french toast 'eggy bread', so that's all I knew. I had no idea what 'french toast' was until around 8th grade

- I always held my breath when walking behind a running car, I was scared that if I inhaled any exhaust fumes I'd burn my lungs

- On one of our road trips we took when I was very little, my parents were talking via walkie talkie (mom drove her car while dad and I were in his) and my dad says 'Hey I just saw Bin Laden wrapped in bubble wrap on the side of the road!' To this day I have no idea what he was talking about but yeah I believed him at the time, told all my friends that Bin Laden was hiding somewhere in TN xD
Luminous Almonds Hello, I'm Doetree!
26 | she | artist + teacher | FR+2
-Chocolate milk came from brown cows. Somebody told it to me as a joke, but I 100% bought it because according to little me: Regular milk came from "white" cows, so chocolate milk must come from the brown ones! Even when we would make our own with chocolate sauce, I would still try to justify my "theory" by saying the sauce also came from a brown cow...

-Anytime someone used the microwave, I needed to run out of the kitchen or else it would leak microwaves and/or explode. I don't even know where I got that from...maybe I just really didn't like the finish beeps and associated it with a bomb or something??
-Chocolate milk came from brown cows. Somebody told it to me as a joke, but I 100% bought it because according to little me: Regular milk came from "white" cows, so chocolate milk must come from the brown ones! Even when we would make our own with chocolate sauce, I would still try to justify my "theory" by saying the sauce also came from a brown cow...

-Anytime someone used the microwave, I needed to run out of the kitchen or else it would leak microwaves and/or explode. I don't even know where I got that from...maybe I just really didn't like the finish beeps and associated it with a bomb or something??
extra-head-right.png
★ Previously MalusNight
☆ She/Her
★ +1 FR Time
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8