Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | silly fears you had as a kid
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32 33
[quote name="Ralzakark" date="2022-09-28 04:14:14" ] i was like 4 or 5, i heard in news that you can go into hospital for pregnancy testing. after some logic parkour with limited knowledge and understanding, my little mind came in conclusion that this means that pregnancy is something that happens completely spontaneously. and thus i spent my childhood fearing that this would happen to me... until i was about 10, and i found a book in school library that educates kids about these matters. it was a huge relief for me. [/quote] dude [i]same[/i]. except I never even heard about pregnancy testing or anything of the likes, I just automatically assumed babies kinda just... spawned in people. probably realised how it actually worked when i was about 7?
Ralzakark wrote on 2022-09-28 04:14:14:
i was like 4 or 5, i heard in news that you can go into hospital for pregnancy testing. after some logic parkour with limited knowledge and understanding, my little mind came in conclusion that this means that pregnancy is something that happens completely spontaneously. and thus i spent my childhood fearing that this would happen to me... until i was about 10, and i found a book in school library that educates kids about these matters. it was a huge relief for me.
dude same. except I never even heard about pregnancy testing or anything of the likes, I just automatically assumed babies kinda just... spawned in people. probably realised how it actually worked when i was about 7?
tumblr_osr8u7mjpA1v8lm95o2_r1_100.gif
he/him
-
+8 FR time
………………..
When I was very young. My sister told me that red clouds was evil and could kill you instantly so whenever it was sunset I was under the blanket, whishing that I woulndn’t die. Don’t worry it only lasted for two days, thankfully XD
………………..
When I was very young. My sister told me that red clouds was evil and could kill you instantly so whenever it was sunset I was under the blanket, whishing that I woulndn’t die. Don’t worry it only lasted for two days, thankfully XD
I'm scared of stringy cheese, since I'm afraid part of it will get lodged in my throat and I'll choke and die on it. Not exactly a childhood fear, but I've had it since childhood.
I'm scared of stringy cheese, since I'm afraid part of it will get lodged in my throat and I'll choke and die on it. Not exactly a childhood fear, but I've had it since childhood.
EST timezone
1J6EBoZ.png
I was scared of this baby doll on the windowsill (is that what you call it?) of my school bus driver's bus. Actually, being scared of that thing wasn't silly, it was being reasonable.

All of your posts are fun to read :)
I was scared of this baby doll on the windowsill (is that what you call it?) of my school bus driver's bus. Actually, being scared of that thing wasn't silly, it was being reasonable.

All of your posts are fun to read :)
H5oS9j0.png
Really specific, but I used to have nightmares about the part of World of Goo where the WoG corporation explodes. Also, this wasn't as a child but I only relatively recently stopped being scared of operating microwaves.
Really specific, but I used to have nightmares about the part of World of Goo where the WoG corporation explodes. Also, this wasn't as a child but I only relatively recently stopped being scared of operating microwaves.
ePOliyb.png
FObX7rS.png
Z0dFFal.png
AhAOq4S.gif
I had a very big fear of doppelgangers, to the point I had frequent nightmares of running through my neighborhood in the middle of the night being chased by one, and no one was around to help. The idea that something can look and sound exactly like you and can take over your life freaked me out and may have caused some of my earliest existential crises lol. Cam is so far the best movie to kind of capture the kind of doppelganger that really gets under my skin and creeps me out.

Also volcanoes/volcanic eruption. I happened to be flipping through channels one time as a kid and landed on a channel showing Dante's Peak, and it of course was in the middle of the eruption sequence where everyone is panicking and dying from the tremors and lahars being created from the eruption. I also had a good reason to be afraid of eruptions since I live in Washington state, and we literally have like 5 volcanoes, one of which has already erupted in the past. Lemme tell you the moment Mt. Rainier starts to show any sign of activity, I'm booking it to Maine.
I had a very big fear of doppelgangers, to the point I had frequent nightmares of running through my neighborhood in the middle of the night being chased by one, and no one was around to help. The idea that something can look and sound exactly like you and can take over your life freaked me out and may have caused some of my earliest existential crises lol. Cam is so far the best movie to kind of capture the kind of doppelganger that really gets under my skin and creeps me out.

Also volcanoes/volcanic eruption. I happened to be flipping through channels one time as a kid and landed on a channel showing Dante's Peak, and it of course was in the middle of the eruption sequence where everyone is panicking and dying from the tremors and lahars being created from the eruption. I also had a good reason to be afraid of eruptions since I live in Washington state, and we literally have like 5 volcanoes, one of which has already erupted in the past. Lemme tell you the moment Mt. Rainier starts to show any sign of activity, I'm booking it to Maine.
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gifszgtV0Q.pngtumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif
jFZJEcu.png
Those clothes hooks with two black hooks I remember watching bright side videos about them and they literally scared me so much I didn’t want to ever go to a toilet again, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw something similar in my own bathroom. Also, bright side was literally the source of all my dumb fears like one of their videos was called “My owner threw me away” and a picture of a dog with red eyes, I legit wanted to quit YouTube and going online ever again after seeing that.
Those clothes hooks with two black hooks I remember watching bright side videos about them and they literally scared me so much I didn’t want to ever go to a toilet again, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw something similar in my own bathroom. Also, bright side was literally the source of all my dumb fears like one of their videos was called “My owner threw me away” and a picture of a dog with red eyes, I legit wanted to quit YouTube and going online ever again after seeing that.
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
I used to get nervous whenever I would hear the us national weather service alarm. What am I saying the noise still makes me nervous today
I used to get nervous whenever I would hear the us national weather service alarm. What am I saying the noise still makes me nervous today
YMPbu9R.pngdFnwkLI.png oySYa5s.png 6Je3hjY.png
tyEuRXe.png LCqISMP.png nupGNag.png RfMwnPI.png
twiuBT0.png I5qcdda.png uVEyOnT.png jlA5frr.png
there was this one year around halloween where I was very scared of skeletons for some reason. of course this is the year the neighbors decide to put a giant skeleton in their yard
there was this one year around halloween where I was very scared of skeletons for some reason. of course this is the year the neighbors decide to put a giant skeleton in their yard
tm7K06Z.pngWx0EgSk.png
Cabbage Patch dolls. But only the boy ones for some reason??? I was too young to articulate why, but my whenever my parents tried to get me one I'd scream and run away.

And going up escalators, the little part at the end when the steps get sucked into the machine. I was scared my feet would get sucked in too.
Cabbage Patch dolls. But only the boy ones for some reason??? I was too young to articulate why, but my whenever my parents tried to get me one I'd scream and run away.

And going up escalators, the little part at the end when the steps get sucked into the machine. I was scared my feet would get sucked in too.
Looking for free lineage dragons? Level 25 rentals? Join an active community with frequent free raffles? Check out Vitali's Warriors!
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32 33