Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | silly fears you had as a kid
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32 33
Gas stations

I thought they ground up animals and used their blood as gasoline.

No, I have no idea why I thought that

Edit: I was also terrified of Spongebob's grandma because I always had nightmares of her under my bed
Gas stations

I thought they ground up animals and used their blood as gasoline.

No, I have no idea why I thought that

Edit: I was also terrified of Spongebob's grandma because I always had nightmares of her under my bed
ePOliyb.png
J7D1quC.png
mjtJ868.png
6OezIjj.png
UU9vIu2.png
T4Peb9C.png
NItuqvN.png
i was like 4 or 5, i heard in news that you can go into hospital for pregnancy testing. after some logic parkour with limited knowledge and understanding, my little mind came in conclusion that this means that pregnancy is something that happens completely spontaneously. and thus i spent my childhood fearing that this would happen to me... until i was about 10, and i found a book in school library that educates kids about these matters. it was a huge relief for me.
i was like 4 or 5, i heard in news that you can go into hospital for pregnancy testing. after some logic parkour with limited knowledge and understanding, my little mind came in conclusion that this means that pregnancy is something that happens completely spontaneously. and thus i spent my childhood fearing that this would happen to me... until i was about 10, and i found a book in school library that educates kids about these matters. it was a huge relief for me.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
Garbage trucks. Fear/curious relationship with them because I had a nightmare about them breaking into my house really young (that I still remember?? It’s odd) and that made me both terrified and fascinated by them
Garbage trucks. Fear/curious relationship with them because I had a nightmare about them breaking into my house really young (that I still remember?? It’s odd) and that made me both terrified and fascinated by them
ydo7trD.png
[quote name="KingVulture" date="2022-09-19 21:12:14" ] I seemed to have masklophobia (fear of costumed characters) when I was really young, because I've been told that when I went to Disney World when I was about 5 I absolutely refused to meet any of the costumed characters. Although I wonder if it was more because I was wary around strangers. [/quote] I haven't quite grown out of it as they still creep me out but I was as the same when I was younger. A large part of that for me was definitely stranger danger but they're just unnerving in general.
KingVulture wrote on 2022-09-19 21:12:14:
I seemed to have masklophobia (fear of costumed characters) when I was really young, because I've been told that when I went to Disney World when I was about 5 I absolutely refused to meet any of the costumed characters.

Although I wonder if it was more because I was wary around strangers.

I haven't quite grown out of it as they still creep me out but I was as the same when I was younger. A large part of that for me was definitely stranger danger but they're just unnerving in general.
zdkBiZa.png
any amount of red dots in a dark room. THAT alone freaks me out and its all because of a movie i watched when i was little where.. i think it was the antagonist that was a robot and had a giant red light as an eye? idk. i've slowly grown out of it but it still gets me sometimes

also any form of vacuum cleaners because my brother thought it'd be funny to hold one up to my face or towards my hair while i was watching tv. still not over that one :(

any amount of red dots in a dark room. THAT alone freaks me out and its all because of a movie i watched when i was little where.. i think it was the antagonist that was a robot and had a giant red light as an eye? idk. i've slowly grown out of it but it still gets me sometimes

also any form of vacuum cleaners because my brother thought it'd be funny to hold one up to my face or towards my hair while i was watching tv. still not over that one :(

jYQWrO1.pngwBLs0O1.pngJZTAurm.pngMs7a4L5.png
DHc3orZ.png
black_cat.png
Pool pumps. I don't know why they scared me so much.
Pool pumps. I don't know why they scared me so much.
wKyST5C.gif
160P7Fb.pngbYt72YT.pngtqGkHih.png
a childhood fear that stuck with me up until adulthood is getting electrocuted in the shower. as silly as it sounds im terrified of lightening hitting the water pipes while im showering and then getting electrocuted in the shower.
a childhood fear that stuck with me up until adulthood is getting electrocuted in the shower. as silly as it sounds im terrified of lightening hitting the water pipes while im showering and then getting electrocuted in the shower.
Dogs. I was terrified of dogs, despite having no bad experiences with them.
Silly me, dogs are fantastic! I'm currently saving up to buy one :')
Dogs. I was terrified of dogs, despite having no bad experiences with them.
Silly me, dogs are fantastic! I'm currently saving up to buy one :')
When I was a young child my mother and a friend of hers would take us kids in strollers and walk around the mall together instead of doing it in the heat outside. One of the anchor stores at that mall has a long, wide hallway across it which connects the halves of the mall. That hallway has white floor tiles which, at the time, were diligently waxed to reflectivity and are flanked on either side by a strip of darker grey tiles. The reflection of the ceiling lights on those white tiles, to my eyes, looked as if they were deep in the floor, or more accurately some terrifying chasm barely separated from us by the tiles. Every time we crossed through the store I insisted that we stay on the gray tiles for fear of falling into the white ones. The mall is still open now and I walk through it every so often to look around, but as I do I make sure to stick to the grey tiles.

A few years later, I saw a story on the news about some unfortunate kid whose Crocs had been mangled by an escalator, along with his feet inside them. I was a frequent Croc wearer, so the imagery of that scene stuck with me; spreading later to stray shoelaces or pant legs that could be caught in the gears. For a decade or so, I avoided escalators at all costs in response. Even now, as I ride one I tend to watch my feet with bated breath.
When I was a young child my mother and a friend of hers would take us kids in strollers and walk around the mall together instead of doing it in the heat outside. One of the anchor stores at that mall has a long, wide hallway across it which connects the halves of the mall. That hallway has white floor tiles which, at the time, were diligently waxed to reflectivity and are flanked on either side by a strip of darker grey tiles. The reflection of the ceiling lights on those white tiles, to my eyes, looked as if they were deep in the floor, or more accurately some terrifying chasm barely separated from us by the tiles. Every time we crossed through the store I insisted that we stay on the gray tiles for fear of falling into the white ones. The mall is still open now and I walk through it every so often to look around, but as I do I make sure to stick to the grey tiles.

A few years later, I saw a story on the news about some unfortunate kid whose Crocs had been mangled by an escalator, along with his feet inside them. I was a frequent Croc wearer, so the imagery of that scene stuck with me; spreading later to stray shoelaces or pant legs that could be caught in the gears. For a decade or so, I avoided escalators at all costs in response. Even now, as I ride one I tend to watch my feet with bated breath.
I was terrified of mirrors, but only at night. I guess I saw too many horror movie trailers to the point there'd be an actual monster in it.
I was terrified of mirrors, but only at night. I guess I saw too many horror movie trailers to the point there'd be an actual monster in it.
tumblr_nkncliWJn31tfgp5so3_100.gif
eIK5iG7.pngfLdYOuE.pngGLMwkdE.png
0034-skull.gif0112-peep.gif
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32 33