Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Writing Struggles
1 2 3
Pacing. Just I don’t know if I’m doing it right or not. Like I just don’t understand how one could write like a ten paged chapter and I’m just sitting here with two pages like what the frick did I do wrong?
Also characters. I’m pretty sure that I make them have personality but at the same time I doubt myself.
And then there’s also when you have an awesome idea but you don’t know how to phrase it right so you’re just staring at the page and you write something down but that sounds far too awkward or blunt so you delete it and write something again but that just sounds wrong and you’re not sure why and you just give up and go do something else.
Also people form out these elaborate plots before they write and I just kinda let the character do whatever they want but then I feel like I’m writing ‘the wrong way’ even though there’s no ‘wrong way’ to write and is honestly just me doubting myself.
Pacing. Just I don’t know if I’m doing it right or not. Like I just don’t understand how one could write like a ten paged chapter and I’m just sitting here with two pages like what the frick did I do wrong?
Also characters. I’m pretty sure that I make them have personality but at the same time I doubt myself.
And then there’s also when you have an awesome idea but you don’t know how to phrase it right so you’re just staring at the page and you write something down but that sounds far too awkward or blunt so you delete it and write something again but that just sounds wrong and you’re not sure why and you just give up and go do something else.
Also people form out these elaborate plots before they write and I just kinda let the character do whatever they want but then I feel like I’m writing ‘the wrong way’ even though there’s no ‘wrong way’ to write and is honestly just me doubting myself.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
Editing. I only picked up writing again more than a year ago and I think I'm getting better, but re-reading my older writings that had been edited, re-edited, and again edited by several people, then again by me, and I still find tons of errors and sentences that sound wrong.
Editing. I only picked up writing again more than a year ago and I think I'm getting better, but re-reading my older writings that had been edited, re-edited, and again edited by several people, then again by me, and I still find tons of errors and sentences that sound wrong.
In my head: Extremely emotional, the OC's entire life built up to this moment. Everything hinges on this fight: the world, everyone the character loves. Dialogue in impactful but not cheesy.

On paper: "You suck" he said as he punched.
In my head: Extremely emotional, the OC's entire life built up to this moment. Everything hinges on this fight: the world, everyone the character loves. Dialogue in impactful but not cheesy.

On paper: "You suck" he said as he punched.
being bad at writing in general
akueye3.png
I start out with a pretty cool idea, maybe write down the first chapter or two. A day later, I get an even better idea, only now that idea isn't consistent with my earlier idea and I have to start all over again. Rinse and repeat.
I start out with a pretty cool idea, maybe write down the first chapter or two. A day later, I get an even better idea, only now that idea isn't consistent with my earlier idea and I have to start all over again. Rinse and repeat.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[center][quote name="Knoxxi" date="2019-02-03 10:31:39" ] being bad at writing in general [/quote] [font=times new roman][color=indigo]Oh wow, how did I forget?
Knoxxi wrote on 2019-02-03 10:31:39:

Oh wow, how did I forget?
I’m a very new writer and im I’m Prone to “I don’t know how to do that” freezes.

Dialogue? Don’t know how to write it. Don’t know how to start. Freeze
Show don’t tell? Don’t know how to do that! Freeze.
Building a fictional culture? Don’t know how to do that! Freeze.
I’m a very new writer and im I’m Prone to “I don’t know how to do that” freezes.

Dialogue? Don’t know how to write it. Don’t know how to start. Freeze
Show don’t tell? Don’t know how to do that! Freeze.
Building a fictional culture? Don’t know how to do that! Freeze.
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
I've always had a nasty habit of inserting excessive prose, often to the point where my words become outright incomprehensible.

+1 to distractions and lack of motivation too
I've always had a nasty habit of inserting excessive prose, often to the point where my words become outright incomprehensible.

+1 to distractions and lack of motivation too
-
-
-
-
:3
Oh man I used to write a lot when I was younger. I would always get inspired and come up with a great idea for a plot, and the first few chapters would be so detailed, but like after 10 pages I just have no detail at all.

I would also start plots but never be able to finish them.

I also write a lot of run-on sentences :,)
Oh man I used to write a lot when I was younger. I would always get inspired and come up with a great idea for a plot, and the first few chapters would be so detailed, but like after 10 pages I just have no detail at all.

I would also start plots but never be able to finish them.

I also write a lot of run-on sentences :,)
sig wip :)
I'm really bad at atmospheric descriptors if that counts for anything.
I get a lot of "She walked to him. He smiled. She shook his hand."
I'm working on it ;w;

also i never learned how to properly type
I'm really bad at atmospheric descriptors if that counts for anything.
I get a lot of "She walked to him. He smiled. She shook his hand."
I'm working on it ;w;

also i never learned how to properly type
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
1 2 3