Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Endangered Species
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 172 173
How can someone call this bird ugly? They are majestic beauties! [center][img]http://www.animalspot.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Egyptian-Vulture-Images.jpg[/img] [img]https://mongabay-images.s3.amazonaws.com/13/0702Madjarovo_vultureKalojan_Hristov600.jpg[/img][/center] Think i found my new favorite bird. The chicks dont look that cool but still okay! [center][img]http://www.kuwaitbirds.org/sites/default/files/styles/large960/public/bird-photos/pf/egyptian-vulture-juvenile-pf.jpg[/img][/center]
How can someone call this bird ugly? They are majestic beauties!
Egyptian-Vulture-Images.jpg

0702Madjarovo_vultureKalojan_Hristov600.jpg

Think i found my new favorite bird.

The chicks dont look that cool but still okay!
egyptian-vulture-juvenile-pf.jpg
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

I L O V E T H E M
I L O V E T H E M
item_used_cartography_ink_by_dogi_crimson-da9osed.gif • will - he/xe •
• bookworm and gadfly •
• please send your cactus pics I love them •
AAAAA SUCH PRETTY BIRBS! THEY ARE MAJESTIC AND BEAUT
AAAAA SUCH PRETTY BIRBS! THEY ARE MAJESTIC AND BEAUT
vDH0pGc.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @MidnightWoven @GoofGoof @Belief @DivinityTigress @Dreamcoyote @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @Klawzor Today’s species: Matschie's tree-kangaroo! [img]https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/journalstar.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/8b/88bde749-335a-548f-b4ff-166f9487d0ce/57c0860c0ca84.image.jpg[/img] Matschie's tree-kangaroo ([i]Dendrolagus matschiei[/i]) is an endangered tree kangaroo endemic to the coast of Papua New Guinea, where it inhabits cloud forests in the mountains. It is a marsupial that gives birth to a joey, which will remain in its mother’s pouch for around ten months. The tree-kangaroo feeds on leaves, insects, and nuts, and spends only around one or two hours eating and the rest of the day resting and digesting, with about fifteen hours a day spent asleep. It is threatened by habitat destruction, including logging and oil drilling, and may be hunted for its meat and fur. The species is named for Paul Matschie, a German zoologist who also has species of gecko and bushbaby named after him.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @MidnightWoven @GoofGoof @Belief @DivinityTigress @Dreamcoyote @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @Klawzor

Today’s species: Matschie's tree-kangaroo!
57c0860c0ca84.image.jpg
Matschie's tree-kangaroo (Dendrolagus matschiei) is an endangered tree kangaroo endemic to the coast of Papua New Guinea, where it inhabits cloud forests in the mountains. It is a marsupial that gives birth to a joey, which will remain in its mother’s pouch for around ten months. The tree-kangaroo feeds on leaves, insects, and nuts, and spends only around one or two hours eating and the rest of the day resting and digesting, with about fifteen hours a day spent asleep. It is threatened by habitat destruction, including logging and oil drilling, and may be hunted for its meat and fur. The species is named for Paul Matschie, a German zoologist who also has species of gecko and bushbaby named after him.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
Kangaroos in trees? We have been blessed! (And we're destroying them, damn humans)

They look so fuzzy!
Kangaroos in trees? We have been blessed! (And we're destroying them, damn humans)

They look so fuzzy!
item_used_cartography_ink_by_dogi_crimson-da9osed.gif • will - he/xe •
• bookworm and gadfly •
• please send your cactus pics I love them •
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @MidnightWoven @GoofGoof @Belief @DivinityTigress @Dreamcoyote @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @Klawzor Today’s species: the Javan rhinoceros! [img]http://media.juiceonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/22150508/javan-rhinoceros.jpg[/img] The Javan rhinoceros ([i]Rhinoceros sondaicus[/i]) is a critically endangered rhinoceros. Smaller than its Indian cousin at 10 feet (3.1-3.2 meters) long and 4.6-5.6 feet (1.4-1.7 meters) tall, it has armor-like skin and the smallest horn of all living rhinoceros species, which only males possess. Once the most widespread Asian rhinoceros, its range spans Indonesia and into China and India. It is threatened by trophy hunting, poaching for their horns (valued in traditional Chinese medicine), and habitat loss. Less than 70 wild individuals remain, and the last in captivity, Samson, died in April last year at the young age of 30. It features prominently in the Angkor Wat Temple in Cambodia, one mounted by the fire god Agni, another attacking the damned in hell.

@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @MidnightWoven @GoofGoof @Belief @DivinityTigress @Dreamcoyote @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @Klawzor

Today’s species: the Javan rhinoceros!
javan-rhinoceros.jpg
The Javan rhinoceros (Rhinoceros sondaicus) is a critically endangered rhinoceros. Smaller than its Indian cousin at 10 feet (3.1-3.2 meters) long and 4.6-5.6 feet (1.4-1.7 meters) tall, it has armor-like skin and the smallest horn of all living rhinoceros species, which only males possess. Once the most widespread Asian rhinoceros, its range spans Indonesia and into China and India. It is threatened by trophy hunting, poaching for their horns (valued in traditional Chinese medicine), and habitat loss. Less than 70 wild individuals remain, and the last in captivity, Samson, died in April last year at the young age of 30. It features prominently in the Angkor Wat Temple in Cambodia, one mounted by the fire god Agni, another attacking the damned in hell.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
AHHHHHHH RHINOS
I LOVE THEM

stupid poachers though. . . i really don't want rhinos to go extinct ;;
AHHHHHHH RHINOS
I LOVE THEM

stupid poachers though. . . i really don't want rhinos to go extinct ;;
I've heard that sometimes people who work for the protected spaces where rhinos live take off the horn themselves so poachers don't have any reason to go after them. It's a bit extreme, but at least the rhino gets to live!
I've heard that sometimes people who work for the protected spaces where rhinos live take off the horn themselves so poachers don't have any reason to go after them. It's a bit extreme, but at least the rhino gets to live!
kbWMBt3.png40tk2UH.png0GOg895.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @sedatetoucan @wetdog15 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx @Vegaswaddlez @DoctorAlphys @Vampurr @Jetdrana @NightFuryScream @FrostiiWolf @MidnightWoven @GoofGoof @Belief @DivinityTigress @Dreamcoyote @VictoriousLight @Sherlolly @Klawzor Today’s species: the Santa Catalina rattlesnake! [img]https://nc.iucnredlist.org/redlist/species-of-the-day/crotalus-catalinensis/images/full/crotalus-catalinensis.jpg[/img] The Santa Catalina rattlesnake ([i]Crotalus catalinensis[/i]) is a critically endangered species of venomous viper endemic only to the island Isla Santa Catalina in the Gulf of California, threatened by predators like feral cats, decline of its prey species, and especially illegal hunting and trapping. Fishermen have been seen bagging the snakes, which are easily captured due to their passive nature. Theorized to have descended from the mainland red diamond rattlesnake, it is partly arboreal, more slender, and lacks a rattle- ideal adaptations to hunt its preferred prey, birds.

Today’s species: the Santa Catalina rattlesnake!
crotalus-catalinensis.jpg
The Santa Catalina rattlesnake (Crotalus catalinensis) is a critically endangered species of venomous viper endemic only to the island Isla Santa Catalina in the Gulf of California, threatened by predators like feral cats, decline of its prey species, and especially illegal hunting and trapping. Fishermen have been seen bagging the snakes, which are easily captured due to their passive nature. Theorized to have descended from the mainland red diamond rattlesnake, it is partly arboreal, more slender, and lacks a rattle- ideal adaptations to hunt its preferred prey, birds.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@Scy64

snek
@Scy64

snek
They keep on kicking me down,
Tryin' to keep me underground,
But did I mention we were paving the way