Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Can I beat UM.. with JUST a tynamo?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Capricas @FairyForestKing @GlitterDCMarvel @GreatLordHades @BlackwatchGenji @MaplesHaiku @Mediumdee @BlueCoriander @Dragonfruiteen
@ashotinthedark @Bronzewing @Grahh @ShinyDecidueye @HydreigonOxide @ZoranaDragon
The hiatus is FINALLY over! Except, we aren't here with much good news...
This trial is HARD. The battles, at least. The dances are easy.
But.. That Hiker.. why does he have a hiker? W H Y?
No matter what I did against the Totem Pokemon, it kept on fainting me.
I grinded quite a bit on Mantine Surf to get another HP Up and a Rare Candy. Neither helped. The Marowak and Salazzle decimate Sir Leech in seconds.. I'm not sure what level he has to be below before he doesn't obey me (because I'm pretty sure even if YOU hatched the egg the pokemon still disobeys you at a certain level if the egg came from a trade), but Sir Leech might be nearing it. If only I had the healing item that healed the Pokemon AND got rid of the status effects. I couldn't defeat the Totem Pokemon. Maybe next time...
(because its like nearing night time and i got bored so uh)
@Capricas @FairyForestKing @GlitterDCMarvel @GreatLordHades @BlackwatchGenji @MaplesHaiku @Mediumdee @BlueCoriander @Dragonfruiteen
@ashotinthedark @Bronzewing @Grahh @ShinyDecidueye @HydreigonOxide @ZoranaDragon
The hiatus is FINALLY over! Except, we aren't here with much good news...
This trial is HARD. The battles, at least. The dances are easy.
But.. That Hiker.. why does he have a hiker? W H Y?
No matter what I did against the Totem Pokemon, it kept on fainting me.
I grinded quite a bit on Mantine Surf to get another HP Up and a Rare Candy. Neither helped. The Marowak and Salazzle decimate Sir Leech in seconds.. I'm not sure what level he has to be below before he doesn't obey me (because I'm pretty sure even if YOU hatched the egg the pokemon still disobeys you at a certain level if the egg came from a trade), but Sir Leech might be nearing it. If only I had the healing item that healed the Pokemon AND got rid of the status effects. I couldn't defeat the Totem Pokemon. Maybe next time...
(because its like nearing night time and i got bored so uh)
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
Agh, that one gave me some trouble too...I just kept almost 20 revives on me and kept spamming them until I got them down.

Agh, that one gave me some trouble too...I just kept almost 20 revives on me and kept spamming them until I got them down.

spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
[quote name="Bronzewing" date="2018-12-10 15:04:44" ] Agh, that one gave me some trouble too...I just kept almost 20 revives on me and kept spamming them until I got them down. [/quote] he wasnt that hard in Moon because i had the water starter but 1 pokemon, and it's a TYNAMO? s u f f e r i n g
Bronzewing wrote on 2018-12-10 15:04:44:
he wasnt that hard in Moon because i had the water starter

but 1 pokemon, and it's a TYNAMO?
s u f f e r i n g
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
oh dear, @Congridae I changed my username from Capricas to Symnbie, I totallt forgot to tell you! I hope you beat this trial, good luck!
oh dear, @Congridae I changed my username from Capricas to Symnbie, I totallt forgot to tell you! I hope you beat this trial, good luck!
xe/xyr/xem
[quote name="Symbie" date="2018-12-10 15:38:05" ] oh dear, @/Congridae I changed my username from Capricas to Symnbie, I totallt forgot to tell you! I hope you beat this trial, good luck! [/quote] Oh, okay! Thanks! :D
Symbie wrote on 2018-12-10 15:38:05:
oh dear, @/Congridae I changed my username from Capricas to Symnbie, I totallt forgot to tell you! I hope you beat this trial, good luck!
Oh, okay! Thanks!
:D
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
He wasn't that hard for me, I had all 3 starters so that probably helped

but I do agree that Totem Salazzle is tough

Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
[quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2018-12-10 15:44:48" ] He wasn't that hard for me, I had all 3 starters so that probably helped but I do agree that Totem Salazzle is tough [/quote] It's not a totem salazzle, it's a Totem Marowak probably a version difference.. but still, salazzle + totem marowak = tynamo murderer
HydreigonOxide wrote on 2018-12-10 15:44:48:

It's not a totem salazzle, it's a Totem Marowak

probably a version difference..
but still, salazzle + totem marowak = tynamo murderer
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
Ah, I guess it's a difference from the Ultra games to regular Sun/Moon.

In regular S/M it's a Salazzle, and she likes to Toxic you. If that's not enough, she summons Salandit to Poison Gas you. It's not terrible if you have a good Water, Ground, or Psychic type (I had Brionne) but still annoying.

I think the toughest Totem for me was Mimikyu, because I underestimated its' power and ended up dying the first time. I was too scared to use Decidueye the first time but the ghost gang ended up killing Incineroar before I could do a lot of damage so I ended up using the phantom owl, who turned out to be a good choice.
Ah, I guess it's a difference from the Ultra games to regular Sun/Moon.

In regular S/M it's a Salazzle, and she likes to Toxic you. If that's not enough, she summons Salandit to Poison Gas you. It's not terrible if you have a good Water, Ground, or Psychic type (I had Brionne) but still annoying.

I think the toughest Totem for me was Mimikyu, because I underestimated its' power and ended up dying the first time. I was too scared to use Decidueye the first time but the ghost gang ended up killing Incineroar before I could do a lot of damage so I ended up using the phantom owl, who turned out to be a good choice.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@Congridae Hello, I would like 1 pinglist please.
@Congridae Hello, I would like 1 pinglist please.
wild-icy-camo.gifSnoot-koi.gifwild-koi.gifwild-koi.gifSnoot-shadow-tiger.gifSnoot-icy-camo.gif
[quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2018-12-11 18:53:42" ] I think the toughest Totem for me was Mimikyu, because I underestimated its' power and ended up dying the first time. I was too scared to use Decidueye the first time but the ghost gang ended up killing Incineroar before I could do a lot of damage so I ended up using the phantom owl, who turned out to be a good choice. [/quote] I breezed through the fire trial in Moon, but the toughest totem for me was that gosh dang Lurantis. NOTHING had fire moves, and it decimated my team multiple times. I got gifted a buzzwole tho and then crushed that Lurantis. The second hardest was probably Mimikyu cause I didn't know I had to turn the 3DS around to start the battle
HydreigonOxide wrote on 2018-12-11 18:53:42:
I breezed through the fire trial in Moon, but the toughest totem for me was that gosh dang Lurantis. NOTHING had fire moves, and it decimated my team multiple times. I got gifted a buzzwole tho and then crushed that Lurantis.
The second hardest was probably Mimikyu cause I didn't know I had to turn the 3DS around to start the battle
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6