Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Case File (Cryptids/Paranormal)
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
I (unfortunately?) have not had any ghost/paranormal/cryptid encounters... And that's with deliberately seeking them out. And knowing they exist. It's like I have an invisible "Stop with the spooky/creepy/bizarre" force field. There have been times where I'm with people who say paranormal junk happened while I was out of the area, and it stopped when I came back.. Can you be opposite-haunted?

Speaking of which there's a story my mom told me, about when I was a baby. Apparently, when I was about... <1 yr I think... the house we lived in was haunted by just... the chillest ghost. He didn't seem to have any problems with us, he just liked turning lights off when you left the room. An energy-conscious ghost? Anyway, my mom told me she heard me laughing after putting me down for a nap, so she came into my room once and saw him standing over my crib, and I was just happy baby giggling. But I don't think I've had a paranormal thing happen around me since moving from that house. I think mom said he had a name... Hubert maybe? I just remember it was one of those old-fashioned names.
I (unfortunately?) have not had any ghost/paranormal/cryptid encounters... And that's with deliberately seeking them out. And knowing they exist. It's like I have an invisible "Stop with the spooky/creepy/bizarre" force field. There have been times where I'm with people who say paranormal junk happened while I was out of the area, and it stopped when I came back.. Can you be opposite-haunted?

Speaking of which there's a story my mom told me, about when I was a baby. Apparently, when I was about... <1 yr I think... the house we lived in was haunted by just... the chillest ghost. He didn't seem to have any problems with us, he just liked turning lights off when you left the room. An energy-conscious ghost? Anyway, my mom told me she heard me laughing after putting me down for a nap, so she came into my room once and saw him standing over my crib, and I was just happy baby giggling. But I don't think I've had a paranormal thing happen around me since moving from that house. I think mom said he had a name... Hubert maybe? I just remember it was one of those old-fashioned names.
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o2_100.png 63Nkadh.pngtumblr_inline_nlmzw4PbYE1qdxu5r.giflqgXN8M.png
so is this like SCP in ways?
so is this like SCP in ways?
Thurp-San ceremonial_scythe_by_dogi_crimson-da5ptqa.gifnpc_spiritfire_by_dogi_crimson-dahdjid.gifceremonial_scythe_by_dogi_crimson-da5ptqa.gif
The SCP Foundation is a fictional organization documented by the web-based collaborative fiction project of the same name. Within the website's fictional setting, the SCP Foundation is responsible for locating and containing individuals, entities, locations, and objects that violate natural law.
The SCP Foundation is a fictional organization documented by the web-based collaborative fiction project of the same name. Within the website's fictional setting, the SCP Foundation is responsible for locating and containing individuals, entities, locations, and objects that violate natural law.
Thurp-San ceremonial_scythe_by_dogi_crimson-da5ptqa.gifnpc_spiritfire_by_dogi_crimson-dahdjid.gifceremonial_scythe_by_dogi_crimson-da5ptqa.gif
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2019-03-24 20:41:25" ] I HAVE A MOTHMAN OBSESSION AND I WANT TO MOVE TO WEST VIRGINIA SO I CAN HUG HIM [/quote] I think you'll like moth memes then.
LoversMasque wrote on 2019-03-24 20:41:25:
I HAVE A MOTHMAN OBSESSION AND I WANT TO MOVE TO WEST VIRGINIA SO I CAN HUG HIM
I think you'll like moth memes then.
[quote name="05953234" date="2019-03-25 12:30:12" ] @/ThurpOfficial ahh! Yeah so this thread is kinda about similar entities and the like, except non-fiction ones ^^ (well, some might not be) Also the majority of cryptids are probably regarded as a part of nature rather than violating natural law, like the lochness for example. [/quote] @ThurpOfficial less documenting and more just talking about our experiences, an dyes, we see them more as parts of nature rather than mistakes or violations of natural law ^^
05953234 wrote on 2019-03-25 12:30:12:
@/ThurpOfficial

ahh! Yeah so this thread is kinda about similar entities and the like, except non-fiction ones ^^ (well, some might not be)
Also the majority of cryptids are probably regarded as a part of nature rather than violating natural law, like the lochness for example.
@ThurpOfficial

less documenting and more just talking about our experiences, an dyes, we see them more as parts of nature rather than mistakes or violations of natural law ^^
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
Ah, what a wonderful thread! I've been looking for something like this!

I've recently gotten more into the cryptid sides of things (particularly mothman for reasons I cannot explain) , but I have always been interested in the paranormal. Quite a lot of my friends have had some experiences, and I have had a few myself as well! Can't wait to see what others say!
Ah, what a wonderful thread! I've been looking for something like this!

I've recently gotten more into the cryptid sides of things (particularly mothman for reasons I cannot explain) , but I have always been interested in the paranormal. Quite a lot of my friends have had some experiences, and I have had a few myself as well! Can't wait to see what others say!
@AloneTogether

was the mothman due to a certain episode of a certain buzzfeed show?

spill some of the experiences you've had/heard of!
@AloneTogether

was the mothman due to a certain episode of a certain buzzfeed show?

spill some of the experiences you've had/heard of!
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
@starshiny

Oh boy, you got me there- it may have started after a certain buzzfeed unsolved episode! But I fell down the rabbit hole from there, and even have a little stuffed animal of a similar creature someone made called a mothin that I keep by my desk!

Oh boy, well, my current experience can certainly be spilled (though even threatening to do so gives me a headache as always). Me and a few of my friends believe there might be a poltergeist within my current house. I've always felt uneasy in this house and have had a few small occurrences here and there before, but the biggest came from when me and my best friend were discussing the paranormal in my bedroom. Everything was going normal, and we were joking about how we weren't afraid, when suddenly the perfume bottle sitting up on my desk went flying off. We immediately shut up and refused to talk about the paranormal until she had left and it was over text, but I began to notice that when I was speaking about there possibly being an entity here my head would start pounding with pain. I tried to ignore it for a little while, despite little things here and there. A door closing when I was alone in a room, a picture of jesus my mom had in the bathroom getting smashed and falling in the toilet, stuff like that. We have bought sage because I was starting to get bruises that seemed to come out of nowhere, but we have yet to use it because it has been quiet.

Sorry that was a bit rambly! I still get headaches when I talk about it, so I try to type it out fast and get it over with haha.
@starshiny

Oh boy, you got me there- it may have started after a certain buzzfeed unsolved episode! But I fell down the rabbit hole from there, and even have a little stuffed animal of a similar creature someone made called a mothin that I keep by my desk!

Oh boy, well, my current experience can certainly be spilled (though even threatening to do so gives me a headache as always). Me and a few of my friends believe there might be a poltergeist within my current house. I've always felt uneasy in this house and have had a few small occurrences here and there before, but the biggest came from when me and my best friend were discussing the paranormal in my bedroom. Everything was going normal, and we were joking about how we weren't afraid, when suddenly the perfume bottle sitting up on my desk went flying off. We immediately shut up and refused to talk about the paranormal until she had left and it was over text, but I began to notice that when I was speaking about there possibly being an entity here my head would start pounding with pain. I tried to ignore it for a little while, despite little things here and there. A door closing when I was alone in a room, a picture of jesus my mom had in the bathroom getting smashed and falling in the toilet, stuff like that. We have bought sage because I was starting to get bruises that seemed to come out of nowhere, but we have yet to use it because it has been quiet.

Sorry that was a bit rambly! I still get headaches when I talk about it, so I try to type it out fast and get it over with haha.
@AloneTogether

haha, buzzfeed unsolved is great! i have the beliefs of ryan and the attitude of shane tbh

even if it's been quiet, have that sage at the ready for when it acts up- nip any poltergeist activity in the bud. the jesus this probably isn't great, maybe try blessing some holy water in case of any malevolent activity.

sorry to hear about the headaches, does medicine help them or does it have no effect?
@AloneTogether

haha, buzzfeed unsolved is great! i have the beliefs of ryan and the attitude of shane tbh

even if it's been quiet, have that sage at the ready for when it acts up- nip any poltergeist activity in the bud. the jesus this probably isn't great, maybe try blessing some holy water in case of any malevolent activity.

sorry to hear about the headaches, does medicine help them or does it have no effect?
ldNLSdw.png

she/they
20 years old
+3 fr time
herb_rack_flipped.png
@starshiny

No effect, and they quickly fade once I stop talking about it. It's very strange.

And honestly same about the beliefs of Ryan and attitude of Shane! I tend to be a bit too open to activity in my mom's eyes, she hates when I head down to haunted places.

I'll definitely have that sage ready, I just don't want to do it prematurely and unless absolutely needed :)
@starshiny

No effect, and they quickly fade once I stop talking about it. It's very strange.

And honestly same about the beliefs of Ryan and attitude of Shane! I tend to be a bit too open to activity in my mom's eyes, she hates when I head down to haunted places.

I'll definitely have that sage ready, I just don't want to do it prematurely and unless absolutely needed :)
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46