Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Old games you'll never stop playing?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[quote name="vidoxi" date="2018-10-09 06:50:40" ] [quote name="Psycho" date="2018-10-08 23:13:03" ] speaking of ice age 2... i revisited it and i still really liked it. i love games that gives me tons of freedom with how character moves and controlling scrap was really fun. he could do a lot and you could basically jump on anything. the levels were really pretty too. [/quote] the one for the wii right? lolll i think i got this for christmas when it first came out and was disappointed cuz i assumed it'd be bad but then i actually had fun with it and replayed it a couple times even. [/quote] The Xbox version was my childhood! I played it so many times! (Or I would have if not for that FREAKING Simon Says minigame with the elephant-ancestor? kids.) It basically didn't have an ending, though, which was really disappointing when I beat it for the first time. You just exit the ice caverns after a massive walnut hunt level, climb up the side of the glacier, enter a door, and a screen pops up saying the game is complete. Also, Pokemon Gens III and IV. For me, they hit the sweet spot between good graphics and music and decent quality-of-life features, but actually challenging and not riddled with handholding. I don't think Gen V is all the way to "old" yet, and it's a bit easier, but it fits too.
vidoxi wrote on 2018-10-09 06:50:40:
Psycho wrote on 2018-10-08 23:13:03:

speaking of ice age 2... i revisited it and i still really liked it. i love games that gives me tons of freedom with how character moves and controlling scrap was really fun. he could do a lot and you could basically jump on anything. the levels were really pretty too.

the one for the wii right? lolll i think i got this for christmas when it first came out and was disappointed cuz i assumed it'd be bad but then i actually had fun with it and replayed it a couple times even.
The Xbox version was my childhood! I played it so many times! (Or I would have if not for that FREAKING Simon Says minigame with the elephant-ancestor? kids.) It basically didn't have an ending, though, which was really disappointing when I beat it for the first time. You just exit the ice caverns after a massive walnut hunt level, climb up the side of the glacier, enter a door, and a screen pops up saying the game is complete.

Also, Pokemon Gens III and IV. For me, they hit the sweet spot between good graphics and music and decent quality-of-life features, but actually challenging and not riddled with handholding. I don't think Gen V is all the way to "old" yet, and it's a bit easier, but it fits too.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Original starwars battle front, and for the next two i would still be playing but I need to find one of them and my controller for my xbox does not work for it, stubs the zombie (the or a) rebel without a pulse, and godzilla save the earth (original)
Original starwars battle front, and for the next two i would still be playing but I need to find one of them and my controller for my xbox does not work for it, stubs the zombie (the or a) rebel without a pulse, and godzilla save the earth (original)
The entire Dragon Age series. I play DAO once a weel (To completion) and just finished DAI last night. Full completion comes at a price. Sleepless nights.
The entire Dragon Age series. I play DAO once a weel (To completion) and just finished DAI last night. Full completion comes at a price. Sleepless nights.
The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
Yess plus one-ing Zoo Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon and Pokemon and Sims what good games! On the more obscure side so many educational PC games from the 90s/early 2000s like Zoombinis, Cluefinders, Big Science Comics, etc I haven't seen a good one in the genre in years I miss them so much
Yess plus one-ing Zoo Tycoon and Rollercoaster Tycoon and Pokemon and Sims what good games! On the more obscure side so many educational PC games from the 90s/early 2000s like Zoombinis, Cluefinders, Big Science Comics, etc I haven't seen a good one in the genre in years I miss them so much
How "old" are we talking here...? But as for me I'll probably be playing and re-playing Final Fantasy XIII for years to come.
How "old" are we talking here...? But as for me I'll probably be playing and re-playing Final Fantasy XIII for years to come.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
The reboot trilogy for Spyro, the games aren't that old (2006-2009) but man I love all of the games and their art designs

And also the first God of War
The reboot trilogy for Spyro, the games aren't that old (2006-2009) but man I love all of the games and their art designs

And also the first God of War
........ deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gif tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
Gen 3 of pokemon games, including firered and leafgreen, but my fave is stil emerald, with roms nowadays there's so many different ways to play them, i lost count of how many randomizers i started
Gen 3 of pokemon games, including firered and leafgreen, but my fave is stil emerald, with roms nowadays there's so many different ways to play them, i lost count of how many randomizers i started
DUNGEON KEEPER (& Deeper Dungeons) ;w; it has many happy memories attached!
I love how the gameplay feels, its engaging and quirky.

I really wish they made more ;w;

Edit;

POKEMON EMERALD; How I miss being able to play this game Dx Hopefully one day I can buy it again or something. Lots of fun memories of family trips playing that

@TheDarkerDepth Seeing your post on this thread reminded me just how much I love The Dragon Age series ;u; I love the world and story.

DUNGEON KEEPER (& Deeper Dungeons) ;w; it has many happy memories attached!
I love how the gameplay feels, its engaging and quirky.

I really wish they made more ;w;

Edit;

POKEMON EMERALD; How I miss being able to play this game Dx Hopefully one day I can buy it again or something. Lots of fun memories of family trips playing that

@TheDarkerDepth Seeing your post on this thread reminded me just how much I love The Dragon Age series ;u; I love the world and story.

vcwdnl.png
Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and Animal Crossing! They just make me so happy!
Pokémon Yellow, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, and Animal Crossing! They just make me so happy!
crystal_sprite.pngQ5eZhV2.png
@Osthra
Gen 3 of pokemon was the best gen.

The thing about Dragon age is that even Dragon age 2 has great story (Ignoring the fantastic romances) and dragon age awakening had good story too, even though most people never played it.
@Osthra
Gen 3 of pokemon was the best gen.

The thing about Dragon age is that even Dragon age 2 has great story (Ignoring the fantastic romances) and dragon age awakening had good story too, even though most people never played it.
The last thing on my list of things to do is try dying
If you wanna live forever, then you will die trying.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11