Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Do roleplay forums still exist?
1 2
Okay, before you all go like WE HAVE A ROLL PLAYBOARD AND LOTS OF FORUM HAVE A ROLEPLAY CORNER.

That is not what I mean....

When I was 11-14 roleplay forums were hyped and literally EVRYWHERE, at least in the Dutch community. Dunno how popular they were elsewhere.

- One forum = One world/setting
- The different boards where different places in that world.
- You had to make a new profile for each character
- Everybody thought it was a good idea to use random pictures of people, preferable with the watermark on it.
- At least one kid used a traced anime character as profile pic and was edgy.
- If those forums reached 100 members it was considered as big, usually it where only a few members.

I cannot really show an example since al the ones I used to play are simply offline now.
When I googled "role play forum", I found several general forums. Like, each board is one subject (fantasy, fandom, middle ages, etc). But that is not what I am looking for.
I need one forum/site = one world (building)

Sorry for the rambling, I hope someone knows what I am talking about.

I would like to get more into roleplaying to practice my english and writing skills. I feel like my English improved super fast but the past year or two I am platforming. I feel like reading does not work so hopefully writing will.

Thanks a lot!
Okay, before you all go like WE HAVE A ROLL PLAYBOARD AND LOTS OF FORUM HAVE A ROLEPLAY CORNER.

That is not what I mean....

When I was 11-14 roleplay forums were hyped and literally EVRYWHERE, at least in the Dutch community. Dunno how popular they were elsewhere.

- One forum = One world/setting
- The different boards where different places in that world.
- You had to make a new profile for each character
- Everybody thought it was a good idea to use random pictures of people, preferable with the watermark on it.
- At least one kid used a traced anime character as profile pic and was edgy.
- If those forums reached 100 members it was considered as big, usually it where only a few members.

I cannot really show an example since al the ones I used to play are simply offline now.
When I googled "role play forum", I found several general forums. Like, each board is one subject (fantasy, fandom, middle ages, etc). But that is not what I am looking for.
I need one forum/site = one world (building)

Sorry for the rambling, I hope someone knows what I am talking about.

I would like to get more into roleplaying to practice my english and writing skills. I feel like my English improved super fast but the past year or two I am platforming. I feel like reading does not work so hopefully writing will.

Thanks a lot!
D9XjOpZ.jpg
I think there's some still out there, and I know of certain aminos and discords that build on that concept. But I can't really remember any of them, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help...
I think there's some still out there, and I know of certain aminos and discords that build on that concept. But I can't really remember any of them, so I'm sorry I can't be of more help...
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
@PrincessYuni

I know @midnight305 (pinging you in case you have additional information or something you'd like to add) has a RP website (link on her profile) if you want to check it out. It has some affiliates listed too.
@PrincessYuni

I know @midnight305 (pinging you in case you have additional information or something you'd like to add) has a RP website (link on her profile) if you want to check it out. It has some affiliates listed too.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
Oh baby I can hook you up! Since neopets everyone moved to proboards to building there own roleplaying forum and even the proboards support has a section for advertisement for people to hunt out what they want to rp and or do,but most are just strickly one thing.Like wolves, animals, fantasy ect. I do have one that is mult roleplaying,but not many people are on it. It's not as fancy looking as someone with a 100 some members,but I know what your talking about.

mine is mostly fantasy and then I have one that is mult. I also have affilates and advertisements from other proboards sites on my site as well. Other than proboards I don't really know any other forum type that does rping unless you search for it.

I been rebuilding mine on and off since people usually join and never post anything....and some do it as a front to get more people like they have 100 members and probably 80 are inactive,but keep it just to keep traffic on there site.

Some are a one profile fits all like mine is where you make one profile to keep all your characters on and some are very strick about you making a new profile for each character you make.

Some are even more striker with a 200 to a 500 plus word count per post including a word count in bios. I do not require a word count because I am more along the fun aspect of it then trying to force people.

Oh I think the other ones are free forum ,but I don't remember...though proboards is stricky pg-13 with stuff. I might be affilated with the other different boards,but at the moment I don't remember there names.

I hope this helps. I been around the block a few times so I know about forums like the ones your talking about.
Oh baby I can hook you up! Since neopets everyone moved to proboards to building there own roleplaying forum and even the proboards support has a section for advertisement for people to hunt out what they want to rp and or do,but most are just strickly one thing.Like wolves, animals, fantasy ect. I do have one that is mult roleplaying,but not many people are on it. It's not as fancy looking as someone with a 100 some members,but I know what your talking about.

mine is mostly fantasy and then I have one that is mult. I also have affilates and advertisements from other proboards sites on my site as well. Other than proboards I don't really know any other forum type that does rping unless you search for it.

I been rebuilding mine on and off since people usually join and never post anything....and some do it as a front to get more people like they have 100 members and probably 80 are inactive,but keep it just to keep traffic on there site.

Some are a one profile fits all like mine is where you make one profile to keep all your characters on and some are very strick about you making a new profile for each character you make.

Some are even more striker with a 200 to a 500 plus word count per post including a word count in bios. I do not require a word count because I am more along the fun aspect of it then trying to force people.

Oh I think the other ones are free forum ,but I don't remember...though proboards is stricky pg-13 with stuff. I might be affilated with the other different boards,but at the moment I don't remember there names.

I hope this helps. I been around the block a few times so I know about forums like the ones your talking about.
smallest2222.jpg
I also have/am an admin at a couple RP sites! :D
I use Proboards but in general it seems like it's kind of dying down.
the sites look a bit dead but I promise they're still active. I swear. ;;;;

A supernatural academy RP

Voodoo-based world RP
I also have/am an admin at a couple RP sites! :D
I use Proboards but in general it seems like it's kind of dying down.
the sites look a bit dead but I promise they're still active. I swear. ;;;;

A supernatural academy RP

Voodoo-based world RP
KvxzF3W.png ♦ adult ♦ he/him ♦ FR Time ♦ kpop fan ♦ pms / pings / friend requests ok ♦ lore

You did well today
Aw man, I miss those! I was a member of so many of them when I was younger- wolves, dragonriders of pern, Labyrinth, Alice in wonderland, Buffy, etc etc. So much fun.
Aw man, I miss those! I was a member of so many of them when I was younger- wolves, dragonriders of pern, Labyrinth, Alice in wonderland, Buffy, etc etc. So much fun.
I dunno, for the past ten or more years the only Roleplay things I've encountered are journal-and-community based RPs on Dreamwidth (and, formerly, Livejournal).

They tend to be higher quality in terms of players than forum based ones I've had personal experience of, and require people to have an account (with expression icons) for the character or characters they play.

Some are random 'dressing room' type RPs, which are a bit free-for-all with posts based around a 'theme'... but others are communities, with an over-arching theme. The latter type usually require the player to fill out an application.
I dunno, for the past ten or more years the only Roleplay things I've encountered are journal-and-community based RPs on Dreamwidth (and, formerly, Livejournal).

They tend to be higher quality in terms of players than forum based ones I've had personal experience of, and require people to have an account (with expression icons) for the character or characters they play.

Some are random 'dressing room' type RPs, which are a bit free-for-all with posts based around a 'theme'... but others are communities, with an over-arching theme. The latter type usually require the player to fill out an application.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Check out RPG-directory! As implied, it's a directory for roleplay forums.~ Might be able to find something you like there.
Check out RPG-directory! As implied, it's a directory for roleplay forums.~ Might be able to find something you like there.
pixel_icon___coffee_cup_by_moth_doll-dbl7qny.gif
-- --
[img]http://i.imgur.com/L5Nllxk.png[/img] [font=times new roman][size=5][color=#4d1f00]Y[/color][/size][size=4][color=#803300]eah, I've got [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2479377]one![/url] They most certainly still exist. Also, color me surprised! Funny, @ThePipeFox, it appears that my forum runs on a similar concept! Though I must admit, yours has been around for quite a while. Good to know other people like multiverses.
L5Nllxk.png Yeah, I've got one! They most certainly still exist.

Also, color me surprised! Funny, @ThePipeFox, it appears that my forum runs on a similar concept! Though I must admit, yours has been around for quite a while. Good to know other people like multiverses.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
When I was younger I joined a wolf site.

That was a time.
When I was younger I joined a wolf site.

That was a time.
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
1 2