Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | least favorite animal?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I don't really hate any animals, but there is one kind of animal that is in the questionable zone for me.

Panda.

Why are they still here?? They basically suck at existing and pandas in captivity doesn't even have the basic instinct to reproduce.

Even worse is that mainstream media focus on them entirely in terms of conservation even if their habitat is freaking tiny and they don't contribute to the environment much at all, unlike other overlooked species who are crucial to the survival of the eco-systems that they live in and can have global impact on the earth.

Sorry for ranting, please don't send me death threats. D:
I don't really hate any animals, but there is one kind of animal that is in the questionable zone for me.

Panda.

Why are they still here?? They basically suck at existing and pandas in captivity doesn't even have the basic instinct to reproduce.

Even worse is that mainstream media focus on them entirely in terms of conservation even if their habitat is freaking tiny and they don't contribute to the environment much at all, unlike other overlooked species who are crucial to the survival of the eco-systems that they live in and can have global impact on the earth.

i do not like Aye-ayes. they look like someone tried to fuse a bat and an american possum (both animals i love) with some other creatures and botched it

some are cute and they are interesting,, but overwhelmingly unflattering pictures paired with their alien hands put me off as a kid and it carried over into adulthood
i do not like Aye-ayes. they look like someone tried to fuse a bat and an american possum (both animals i love) with some other creatures and botched it

some are cute and they are interesting,, but overwhelmingly unflattering pictures paired with their alien hands put me off as a kid and it carried over into adulthood
non_binary_pixel_flag_by_kalicodeshark-dap4nim.pngtumblr_inline_ovbolpuURZ1tlftvc_540.giflesbian_pixel_flag_by_kalicodeshark-dap4rld.png
[quote name="Dexianne" date="2018-07-27 18:52:32" ] Mosquitoes. Especially the female ones, since they bite me ALL THE DANG TIME. [s]Mice and rats too. Tbh I just hate all pests x( They suck (especially the mosquitoes [/s]ajhdkshd). [/quote] I disagree with the part about mice and rats, since I've had them as pets, and am incapable of seeing them as anything other than precious, misunderstood creatures just as deserving of love and respect as a hamster. Well, that, and what harm are they doing if they're not nesting inside your house or business? Not really any. Mosquitoes, though, are a different matter. Disease-causing, blood-sucking pests that I have an allergic response to. I can't enjoy going to a ballgame or a campfire without them being an ever-looming threat, and if we use a repellent spray to keep them away, it kills all the beneficial bugs like dragonflies and butterflies and bees, which I don't want, so I just have to be covered in this nasty-smelling repellent and hope it actually works. Or wear long sleeves that can't be bitten through. Biting flies also fall into this category. Stinging insects....eh, they don't deliberately go after you unless you threaten them or their nests, so they get a pass. [b]In short: If it bites you not out of defense, but because it wants to drink your blood, I probably hate it.[/b]
Dexianne wrote on 2018-07-27 18:52:32:
Mosquitoes. Especially the female ones, since they bite me ALL THE DANG TIME. Mice and rats too. Tbh I just hate all pests x( They suck (especially the mosquitoes ajhdkshd).

I disagree with the part about mice and rats, since I've had them as pets, and am incapable of seeing them as anything other than precious, misunderstood creatures just as deserving of love and respect as a hamster. Well, that, and what harm are they doing if they're not nesting inside your house or business? Not really any.

Mosquitoes, though, are a different matter. Disease-causing, blood-sucking pests that I have an allergic response to. I can't enjoy going to a ballgame or a campfire without them being an ever-looming threat, and if we use a repellent spray to keep them away, it kills all the beneficial bugs like dragonflies and butterflies and bees, which I don't want, so I just have to be covered in this nasty-smelling repellent and hope it actually works. Or wear long sleeves that can't be bitten through.

Biting flies also fall into this category.

Stinging insects....eh, they don't deliberately go after you unless you threaten them or their nests, so they get a pass.

In short: If it bites you not out of defense, but because it wants to drink your blood, I probably hate it.
FfsFHyt.png
[quote name="405" date="2018-07-27 19:08:50" ] I don't really hate any animals, but there is one kind of animal that is in the questionable zone for me. Panda. Why are they still here?? They basically suck at existing and pandas in captivity doesn't even have the basic instinct to reproduce. Even worse is that mainstream media focus on them entirely in terms of conservation even if their habitat is freaking tiny and they don't contribute to the environment much at all, unlike other overlooked species who are crucial to the survival of the eco-systems that they live in and can have global impact on the earth. Sorry for ranting, please don't send me death threats. D: [/quote] I agree with you that pandas are overrated and more important species should receive more focus, but I also feel that the “let them go extinct” view is callous at best and barbaric at worst. They were here first and have as much of a right to live as any other species.
405 wrote on 2018-07-27 19:08:50:

Panda.

I agree with you that pandas are overrated and more important species should receive more focus, but I also feel that the “let them go extinct” view is callous at best and barbaric at worst. They were here first and have as much of a right to live as any other species.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
I have no good reason for it, but giraffes fill me with pure rage. I'm also a bit scared of frogs but I can look at them without being revolted.
I have no good reason for it, but giraffes fill me with pure rage. I'm also a bit scared of frogs but I can look at them without being revolted.
Lakeflies.

You thought mosquitoes were bad?

Well, these bugs don't bite, and they only live for 24 hours.

But when they come, they come in the thousands. Entire buildings can be turned black by their buzzing, crawling, presence.

And the noise. It actually sounds like there's a small car going down the road, but no, it's just thousands of lakeflies buzzing above at once.

And, while, they don't bite, they get everywhere. In your hair. Your nose, between your fingers... And especially your eyes. They love to crawl in eyes.

I despise them with every fiber of my being.

Other than that, all creatures are valid and deserve to live!
Lakeflies.

You thought mosquitoes were bad?

Well, these bugs don't bite, and they only live for 24 hours.

But when they come, they come in the thousands. Entire buildings can be turned black by their buzzing, crawling, presence.

And the noise. It actually sounds like there's a small car going down the road, but no, it's just thousands of lakeflies buzzing above at once.

And, while, they don't bite, they get everywhere. In your hair. Your nose, between your fingers... And especially your eyes. They love to crawl in eyes.

I despise them with every fiber of my being.

Other than that, all creatures are valid and deserve to live!
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
If there are animals I truly have no love for it's probably adult flies and mosquitoes. They can be unbearable in the warmer seasons where I live. Ants can also be a pain when they get into your home, but they're much more easily dealt with.

Other than that I like all animals and think they're all quite interesting. Fly larvae I regularly use for bait. Monkeys are fascinating and entertaining (to watch).

It's understandable that people could hate bees and wasps. I like them. I've seen a wasp harass and continually cut free and steal cocooned prey of a golden orb weaver spider (it was a huge spider) first hand. The first time around it got stuck in the web, but with subsequent visits it would land on the web without getting stuck. It looked like it learned from experience.
If there are animals I truly have no love for it's probably adult flies and mosquitoes. They can be unbearable in the warmer seasons where I live. Ants can also be a pain when they get into your home, but they're much more easily dealt with.

Other than that I like all animals and think they're all quite interesting. Fly larvae I regularly use for bait. Monkeys are fascinating and entertaining (to watch).

It's understandable that people could hate bees and wasps. I like them. I've seen a wasp harass and continually cut free and steal cocooned prey of a golden orb weaver spider (it was a huge spider) first hand. The first time around it got stuck in the web, but with subsequent visits it would land on the web without getting stuck. It looked like it learned from experience.
Bobbit worms and oceanic worms and honestly annelids, roundworms, and flatworms in general are just so very cursed.
Bobbit worms and oceanic worms and honestly annelids, roundworms, and flatworms in general are just so very cursed.
tumblr_pfelvxLncO1v1smz2o1_r2_500.png
Bobbit worms and Parasitic arthropods like ticks, fleas etc.

Bobbit worms and Parasitic arthropods like ticks, fleas etc.

Worms and insects in general. Even if they don't sting/bite/whatever... I don't want them near me. The only ones that don't make me jump in horror are flies and mosquitoes. I guess it's because I've exposed to them through my whole life. Even butterflies scare me. :/
Worms and insects in general. Even if they don't sting/bite/whatever... I don't want them near me. The only ones that don't make me jump in horror are flies and mosquitoes. I guess it's because I've exposed to them through my whole life. Even butterflies scare me. :/
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12