Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone here into plants?
1 2 3 4 5
Hi! I absolutely love plants - I have about 27 houseplants, and four blueberry bushes! ^^
I have two pothos, three spider plants, four Thanksgiving cacti, a snake plant, a polka dot plant, a purple oxalis, a purple sweet potato vine, a random succulent, a plant from my grandma I forgot the name of- it has green leaves with purplish undersides. I also have a basil plant, a coleus, an ivy, three umbrella plant cuttings, a coleus cutting, a jade, a bird's nest fern, a tall, cute lil' succulent, a Wandering Jew, and a kalanchoe. I plan to get a pilea soon. ^^

I have my blueberry bushes outside, and I'm planning to transfer my basil to a pot for my deck soon. c:

Anyone else like plants and wanna chat about them? Indoor or out. ^^
Hi! I absolutely love plants - I have about 27 houseplants, and four blueberry bushes! ^^
I have two pothos, three spider plants, four Thanksgiving cacti, a snake plant, a polka dot plant, a purple oxalis, a purple sweet potato vine, a random succulent, a plant from my grandma I forgot the name of- it has green leaves with purplish undersides. I also have a basil plant, a coleus, an ivy, three umbrella plant cuttings, a coleus cutting, a jade, a bird's nest fern, a tall, cute lil' succulent, a Wandering Jew, and a kalanchoe. I plan to get a pilea soon. ^^

I have my blueberry bushes outside, and I'm planning to transfer my basil to a pot for my deck soon. c:

Anyone else like plants and wanna chat about them? Indoor or out. ^^
1391_350px_rainforest_by_miirshroom-dbvjs1a.png
Wow! That's so many! :0 Did you name them or do you call them by their classification names?
I really like plants but I have only started to buy and take care of them, I currently have three succulents babies! But I want definitely want more!
Wow! That's so many! :0 Did you name them or do you call them by their classification names?
I really like plants but I have only started to buy and take care of them, I currently have three succulents babies! But I want definitely want more!
I've been interested most of my life (my dad is into gardening and he showed me a lot of things), but I've only recently been purchasing and taking care of my own plants. I don't have room to have a garden of my own but at the moment I have two Rosette Succulents and three African Violets.

The succulents are doing well, the African violets though have a bit of a learning curve to them and I'm struggling to find a routine that makes them happy.

Someday when I have a yard, I'm going to grow a foxtail palm.
I've been interested most of my life (my dad is into gardening and he showed me a lot of things), but I've only recently been purchasing and taking care of my own plants. I don't have room to have a garden of my own but at the moment I have two Rosette Succulents and three African Violets.

The succulents are doing well, the African violets though have a bit of a learning curve to them and I'm struggling to find a routine that makes them happy.

Someday when I have a yard, I'm going to grow a foxtail palm.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

If you're to talk about aquatic plants, then yes, I currently have one big Marimo ball in my mom's aquarium and a small Anubias in my betta's aquarium.
If you're to talk about aquatic plants, then yes, I currently have one big Marimo ball in my mom's aquarium and a small Anubias in my betta's aquarium.
pillar_by_starkindlerstudio-dajtbpk.png UAT09Os.gifpillar_small2_by_starkindlerstudio-dajtbpp.png
:D We're starting a terrarium. At the moment there's only a pilea, fittonia and something we've forgotten the name of in it. Any plants have to be contained or the cat will eat them :c

But we do have lots of aquatic plants :D Two tanks set up at the moment, mostly with anubias, bucephelandra, ludwigia and tons of crypts. It's way too addictive we already have plans for another tank. Hopefully high tech this time.
:D We're starting a terrarium. At the moment there's only a pilea, fittonia and something we've forgotten the name of in it. Any plants have to be contained or the cat will eat them :c

But we do have lots of aquatic plants :D Two tanks set up at the moment, mostly with anubias, bucephelandra, ludwigia and tons of crypts. It's way too addictive we already have plans for another tank. Hopefully high tech this time.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
I'm not so much into decorative plants, but I've recently gotten into useful/edible plants. I have cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and pumpkins. Plus some herbs, parsley, celery and dill.

Currently waiting for two more cucumber plants of a different variety that an aquaintance planted for me and we're waiting for them to grow a bit.

Oh how could I forget, my Aloe Vera! I've been wanting one for years!
I'm not so much into decorative plants, but I've recently gotten into useful/edible plants. I have cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers and pumpkins. Plus some herbs, parsley, celery and dill.

Currently waiting for two more cucumber plants of a different variety that an aquaintance planted for me and we're waiting for them to grow a bit.

Oh how could I forget, my Aloe Vera! I've been wanting one for years!
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
@Schatza - I name them! =D And aww! Succulents are the cutest. Did you make yours?
@Schatza - I name them! =D And aww! Succulents are the cutest. Did you make yours?
Aw cute! what'd you name them?
Agreed! Succulents are my favourite plants!
Mine are called Sweets, Booth and Hodgins! (They're all characters from a show called Bones!)
@Cersai
Aw cute! what'd you name them?
Agreed! Succulents are my favourite plants!
Mine are called Sweets, Booth and Hodgins! (They're all characters from a show called Bones!)
@Cersai
I live in a small condo with no garden and not a lot of good light or space, but I do have a ficus Bonsai that i’ve Been training for about seven years that i’m Really proud of. Hoping to get some tomatoes and herbs for the balcony today or tomorrow.

One day i’d Like to have a nice sunny room full of Bonsai...
I live in a small condo with no garden and not a lot of good light or space, but I do have a ficus Bonsai that i’ve Been training for about seven years that i’m Really proud of. Hoping to get some tomatoes and herbs for the balcony today or tomorrow.

One day i’d Like to have a nice sunny room full of Bonsai...
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
@EclipseDragon - Aw! My mom and grandma have taught me most of what I know about plants and gardening. It's always been interesting to me. ^^

Succulents are fun! I'm glad they're doing well. c:

Ooh, yeah, African violets can be finicky. My mom had some, and some people have more of an aptitude for em than others. (Hers died.) Good luck with yours! I know close to nothing about them. ^^

Foxtail palms are cool! :0 I might get one someday, too.
@EclipseDragon - Aw! My mom and grandma have taught me most of what I know about plants and gardening. It's always been interesting to me. ^^

Succulents are fun! I'm glad they're doing well. c:

Ooh, yeah, African violets can be finicky. My mom had some, and some people have more of an aptitude for em than others. (Hers died.) Good luck with yours! I know close to nothing about them. ^^

Foxtail palms are cool! :0 I might get one someday, too.
1 2 3 4 5