Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Characters you are too attached to?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38
i have a hardcore soft spot for any antagonist with a sad back story my man cartaphilus did nothing wrong
i have a hardcore soft spot for any antagonist with a sad back story my man cartaphilus did nothing wrong
Definitely.

I'm overly attached to Polypa Goezee, Cirava Hermod, and Daraya Jonjet from Hiveswap. And Act 2, the game they'll be in, isn't even out yet. I have a suspicion Polypa isn't going to be very nice or anything but that won't stop me from loving her all the same. She's a good pyromaniac cat and will probably always be that way to me. (and besides, Ardata has already been proven as horrible but I've already taken her as a spider daughter and there's no turning back now, so why would any of these three, who I'm more attached to, not get the same love even afterwards?)

actually on the Ardata thing: for some reason, girls with spider themes. Muffet (Undertale), Vriska Serket (Homestuck), Ardata Carmia (Hiveswap), and Ella Malikova (she's from the Illuminae Files, specifically Gemina. I haven't read Obsidio yet so I don't know if she's in it but probably)? What do they have in common (other than the Vriska/probably Vriska thing with Vriska and Ardata)? They're all SPIDER THEMED. I don't know why! But I love spider girls! And I'd die for all of them I love them so much!
Definitely.

I'm overly attached to Polypa Goezee, Cirava Hermod, and Daraya Jonjet from Hiveswap. And Act 2, the game they'll be in, isn't even out yet. I have a suspicion Polypa isn't going to be very nice or anything but that won't stop me from loving her all the same. She's a good pyromaniac cat and will probably always be that way to me. (and besides, Ardata has already been proven as horrible but I've already taken her as a spider daughter and there's no turning back now, so why would any of these three, who I'm more attached to, not get the same love even afterwards?)

actually on the Ardata thing: for some reason, girls with spider themes. Muffet (Undertale), Vriska Serket (Homestuck), Ardata Carmia (Hiveswap), and Ella Malikova (she's from the Illuminae Files, specifically Gemina. I haven't read Obsidio yet so I don't know if she's in it but probably)? What do they have in common (other than the Vriska/probably Vriska thing with Vriska and Ardata)? They're all SPIDER THEMED. I don't know why! But I love spider girls! And I'd die for all of them I love them so much!
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
I love loki too much [img]http://livingmythmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/loki-001.png[/img]
I love loki too much
loki-001.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
I already gushed about this somewhere else so I may be repeating myself a bit sorry about that! [columns] [img]https://i.pinimg.com/564x/03/3a/d7/033ad7b3047bc880103b34f3a086cda6.jpg[/img] [nextcol][b]Jack Aubrey from Master and Commander.[/b] It's one of those movies I don't watch very often so I sometimes forget just how much I love the character (and the movie) but when I do watch it I always end up obsessed with Jack for months after. I admire the character and enjoy watching him on screen he's played so well and exactly how I saw him when I read the book even down to little nuances I visualized when reading. It makes me really happy I can't even. I need to try to get hold of the next book in the series. The dynamics he has with some of the other characters is great to watch too. I also find Jack very easy to empathize with for some reason. Send help. [/columns]
I already gushed about this somewhere else so I may be repeating myself a bit sorry about that!
033ad7b3047bc880103b34f3a086cda6.jpg Jack Aubrey from Master and Commander.

It's one of those movies I don't watch very often so I sometimes forget just how much I love the character (and the movie) but when I do watch it I always end up obsessed with Jack for months after.

I admire the character and enjoy watching him on screen he's played so well and exactly how I saw him when I read the book even down to little nuances I visualized when reading. It makes me really happy I can't even.
I need to try to get hold of the next book in the series.
The dynamics he has with some of the other characters is great to watch too.

I also find Jack very easy to empathize with for some reason.

Send help.
tumblr_pquf5x7lT91soemy4_250.png 27 / ISTJ / NB / FR+8

I draw things!
Toyhouse
Tumblr
Twitter
Services Offering:
Coli grinding & fodder leveling
Greed from FMA, whom I love, who deserved better

Soundwave. From pretty much any transformers continuity. My boi deserves more recognition ok he's the backbone of the Decepticon army (their symbol is even based on his face), he looks amazing 99% of the time, badaft as can be with cool powers, hella character development in the recent comics, cassettes/symbiotes, I mean what more do you want

Hearthstone, from the Magnus Chase book series, MY SON

GRILLBY, WHO IS SUCH A MINOR CHARACTER IN UNDERTALE AAAA

Coran from Voltron Legendary Defender, another minor character with little to no development- Dreamworks, please, backstory before I die

-I actually have fandragons for all of them except Coran- I decided on a wildclaw with tangerine skink, shimmer, and cyan glimmer. Like a fool. I've been working this breeding project for months with the tightest range I can get. RNG hates me.

Greed from FMA, whom I love, who deserved better

Soundwave. From pretty much any transformers continuity. My boi deserves more recognition ok he's the backbone of the Decepticon army (their symbol is even based on his face), he looks amazing 99% of the time, badaft as can be with cool powers, hella character development in the recent comics, cassettes/symbiotes, I mean what more do you want

Hearthstone, from the Magnus Chase book series, MY SON

GRILLBY, WHO IS SUCH A MINOR CHARACTER IN UNDERTALE AAAA

Coran from Voltron Legendary Defender, another minor character with little to no development- Dreamworks, please, backstory before I die

-I actually have fandragons for all of them except Coran- I decided on a wildclaw with tangerine skink, shimmer, and cyan glimmer. Like a fool. I've been working this breeding project for months with the tightest range I can get. RNG hates me.

HzGpUHb.png
For a character I just want to squeeze and hug up and down, that would be Double D from Ed, Edd n Eddy. He is just so incredibly adorable. EEnE (mainly Double D) was one of my biggest special interests from about age 14 to 19. I love that he isn't just a stereotype of OCD. The pain and fear from the disorder shines through many a time. I just want to cry and hug him when he cries out of guilt in "Fa La La La Ed."

For a non-cartoon character I'm currently very attached to, that would be Cheryl Blossom on Riverdale. My favorite Archie comics character has always been (and will always be) Veronica, but Riverdale Veronica is lacking some of comics Veronica's core traits. Comics Cheryl Blossom is great, but Riverdale Cheryl is so much better, especially since they've written her as having lots of trauma in her life and mental issues. I've have cried for her twice in season 2 (won't say why for spoiler reasons). It takes a lot for me to cry for a character. I wish Cheryl's plots would get more time in season 2. They are, by far, the most interesting on the show, and she is certainly more interesting than boring Hiram Lodge...

Anyway, I digress. But Cheryl Bombshell is just such a great character! I should watch "La Grande Illusion", my favorite Cheryl episode, soon. Archie comics was my biggest special interest from ages 6-11. I got back into them around 2013, and Riverdale is just an amazing tie-in. I love getting to see the characters in more adult situations, things that weren't allowed in the comics.
For a character I just want to squeeze and hug up and down, that would be Double D from Ed, Edd n Eddy. He is just so incredibly adorable. EEnE (mainly Double D) was one of my biggest special interests from about age 14 to 19. I love that he isn't just a stereotype of OCD. The pain and fear from the disorder shines through many a time. I just want to cry and hug him when he cries out of guilt in "Fa La La La Ed."

For a non-cartoon character I'm currently very attached to, that would be Cheryl Blossom on Riverdale. My favorite Archie comics character has always been (and will always be) Veronica, but Riverdale Veronica is lacking some of comics Veronica's core traits. Comics Cheryl Blossom is great, but Riverdale Cheryl is so much better, especially since they've written her as having lots of trauma in her life and mental issues. I've have cried for her twice in season 2 (won't say why for spoiler reasons). It takes a lot for me to cry for a character. I wish Cheryl's plots would get more time in season 2. They are, by far, the most interesting on the show, and she is certainly more interesting than boring Hiram Lodge...

Anyway, I digress. But Cheryl Bombshell is just such a great character! I should watch "La Grande Illusion", my favorite Cheryl episode, soon. Archie comics was my biggest special interest from ages 6-11. I got back into them around 2013, and Riverdale is just an amazing tie-in. I love getting to see the characters in more adult situations, things that weren't allowed in the comics.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote name="TheAlchemist" date="2018-04-09 13:56:03" ] I love loki too much[/quote]
TheAlchemist wrote on 2018-04-09 13:56:03:
I love loki too much
Grouse Basilisk Field Notes Trilobite Fossil Copper Pocketwatch Chimera Fangs Wing Bones
I used to love the Warden from Superjail! to absolute death. For god's sake, for some reasons I won't go into, I lost somebody that I considered a friend because of this obsession, and how they felt about it. Nowadays? literally everyone from Eddsworld, ppft but Matt? hurt him and P E R I S H //jkjk [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/f1ad2336fca9f52dd8b3365ff4f79198/tumblr_oehkfb05Pq1vdufdxo1_1280.png[/img]
I used to love the Warden from Superjail! to absolute death. For god's sake, for some reasons I won't go into, I lost somebody that I considered a friend because of this obsession, and how they felt about it.

Nowadays? literally everyone from Eddsworld, ppft
but Matt? hurt him and P E R I S H //jkjk
tumblr_oehkfb05Pq1vdufdxo1_1280.png
T3TuubO.png
I may or may not get just a teeny bit upset when I see people bashing or making fun of Best Daughter and Best Sister-in-Law: [img]http://i.imgur.com/HqcRtWz.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/e8yl6fj.jpg[/img] [Lucina and Emmeryn from Fire Emblem: Awakening.] Emmeryn especially deserves better than all of the falling jokes made about her. ;-; I also get a bit twitchy when a few female counterparts in controversial ships are looked down upon, namely Éowyn from The Lord of the Rings (Arwen/Aragorn is sadly the preferred and canon pairing - not to mention Éowyn/Faramir is, too), and Triss Merigold from The Witcher (when the books at least make Yennefer/Geralt the more obvious and final pair). [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/05/13/9d/05139de215f3a5b9209c0a61121fef25.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Vdv63DI.png[/img] Unfortunately, I have the habit of getting very attached to my ships... And on the note of The Witcher, I also found I quite liked Gaunter O'Dimm from the Hearts of Stone expansion for TW3. I know he's... Not a good individual, but I really liked his theme of mirrors and the fact that he grants what you [i]wish for[/i], and not what you [i]want[/i]. Just... Mm. Clever. His voice actor I thought was also quite nice. [img]https://i.imgur.com/aEDCpNZ.png[/img] And, finally, surprising exactly no one: [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/b775ab66a1f6ff32c179b4314884dabd/tumblr_oj421immoN1w081a3o1_500.gif[/img] [Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings.] Fell in love with them being together after seeing Peter Jackson's films for the first time, and I've been stuck with them as my writing muse ever since. :B No regrets.
I may or may not get just a teeny bit upset when I see people bashing or making fun of Best Daughter and Best Sister-in-Law:
HqcRtWz.png
e8yl6fj.jpg
[Lucina and Emmeryn from Fire Emblem: Awakening.]
Emmeryn especially deserves better than all of the falling jokes made about her. ;-;

I also get a bit twitchy when a few female counterparts in controversial ships are looked down upon, namely Éowyn from The Lord of the Rings (Arwen/Aragorn is sadly the preferred and canon pairing - not to mention Éowyn/Faramir is, too), and Triss Merigold from The Witcher (when the books at least make Yennefer/Geralt the more obvious and final pair).
05139de215f3a5b9209c0a61121fef25.jpg
Vdv63DI.png
Unfortunately, I have the habit of getting very attached to my ships...

And on the note of The Witcher, I also found I quite liked Gaunter O'Dimm from the Hearts of Stone expansion for TW3. I know he's... Not a good individual, but I really liked his theme of mirrors and the fact that he grants what you wish for, and not what you want. Just... Mm. Clever. His voice actor I thought was also quite nice.
aEDCpNZ.png

And, finally, surprising exactly no one:
tumblr_oj421immoN1w081a3o1_500.gif
[Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings.]
Fell in love with them being together after seeing Peter Jackson's films for the first time, and I've been stuck with them as my writing muse ever since. :B No regrets.
FrLyhzu.gif
I seem to have an even balance of protags and antags here. The question is, is that should they really be my obsessions.
Let's find out.

Character that is pure and innocent and deserves to be here
Haurchefant Graystone (FFXIV)

Characters that can take care of themselves but still deserve to be here
John Hancock (Fallout 4)
Munehisa Iwai (Persona 5)

Character that I suppose I can argue about to be here
Ardyn Izunia (FFXV)

Okay; why are you here? kind of character, but... ig?
Conrad Kellogg (Fallout 4)

WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?
Gangrel (FE: Awakening)
I seem to have an even balance of protags and antags here. The question is, is that should they really be my obsessions.
Let's find out.

Character that is pure and innocent and deserves to be here
Haurchefant Graystone (FFXIV)

Characters that can take care of themselves but still deserve to be here
John Hancock (Fallout 4)
Munehisa Iwai (Persona 5)

Character that I suppose I can argue about to be here
Ardyn Izunia (FFXV)

Okay; why are you here? kind of character, but... ig?
Conrad Kellogg (Fallout 4)

WHY ARE YOU HERE?!?
Gangrel (FE: Awakening)
98e84dd092d654a6a6195dcee5a9d14a69600c52.png ePOliyb.png
Vs2WmBF.png
1j2YGao.png
t7CcZoC.png
mlSrRbK.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 37 38