Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anime recommendations for parents?
1 2 3 4
Thank you so much everyone! I forgot to mention that they do both like Ghibli a lot as well, I might try to get them to watch a few more of those too!
Thank you so much everyone! I forgot to mention that they do both like Ghibli a lot as well, I might try to get them to watch a few more of those too!
8HS4awg.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.giftRvB8Xn.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +1 time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdragons for sale
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifplease give credit for any art/lore from forum games if used

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgo drink some water :)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Search!!!

I have a friend who watches some anime with her mom, and is trying to get her dad into it.

Her mom watches Naruto with her, but that is a lengthy series and might be a hit or miss depending on what they like. She also had her mom watch Wolf's Rain (a great show 1000/10 would recommend), and is currently watching Cowboy Bebop with her.
As for her dad she is trying to get him to watch a series called Monster, which she really enjoyed and seems to be a bit more serious, which appeals to him.

Some animes that are in the historical genre; Samurai Champloo and Baccano! are good. I would also recommend FMA. And Kaze Tachinu is a great historical movie by Studio Ghibli. Joker Game is a historical spy series.

The ones you have listed are all animes i enjoy (expect for Basilisk and Barakomen, which I have not seen yet). Recently I am really enjoying Violet Evergarden, and the animation is so gorgeous.

I think it all depends on what kind of genres your parents like. I mean, I got my sisters to watch anime, but they each like different genres than me, and so I am always hit or miss on what to watch what with them because the animes I enjoy are not always what they like (idol animes esp, lol).
I have a friend who watches some anime with her mom, and is trying to get her dad into it.

Her mom watches Naruto with her, but that is a lengthy series and might be a hit or miss depending on what they like. She also had her mom watch Wolf's Rain (a great show 1000/10 would recommend), and is currently watching Cowboy Bebop with her.
As for her dad she is trying to get him to watch a series called Monster, which she really enjoyed and seems to be a bit more serious, which appeals to him.

Some animes that are in the historical genre; Samurai Champloo and Baccano! are good. I would also recommend FMA. And Kaze Tachinu is a great historical movie by Studio Ghibli. Joker Game is a historical spy series.

The ones you have listed are all animes i enjoy (expect for Basilisk and Barakomen, which I have not seen yet). Recently I am really enjoying Violet Evergarden, and the animation is so gorgeous.

I think it all depends on what kind of genres your parents like. I mean, I got my sisters to watch anime, but they each like different genres than me, and so I am always hit or miss on what to watch what with them because the animes I enjoy are not always what they like (idol animes esp, lol).
tumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o2_r1_250.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngtumblr_pgs06aYS6r1tdg9e1o5_r1_100.png
my friend got her mom to watch Millennium Actress and she really enjoyed it (haven't seen it myself bc i have Given Up)

and if you want historical, you might be interested in Monster (it's not super historical but i will recommend this anime to almost anyone and everyone lol)
my friend got her mom to watch Millennium Actress and she really enjoyed it (haven't seen it myself bc i have Given Up)

and if you want historical, you might be interested in Monster (it's not super historical but i will recommend this anime to almost anyone and everyone lol)
Please remember that you (yes, you) are loved and important. Stay strong!
61.png
Grimmer | he/him | dead lair? what dead lair? | +3 fr | I love plague but I miss bossdad
FMA
AC?!
Naruto
Boruto
Dragon Ball
FMA
AC?!
Naruto
Boruto
Dragon Ball
meep
maybe attack on titan???
maybe attack on titan???
"Guin Saga", perhaps?
"Guin Saga", perhaps?
Jökull | Male | GMT+3
(Flight Rising time: +10)
QpqWmcnK_o.png
Show your mom Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. It is the best historical anime out there, in my opinion.
Show your mom Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. It is the best historical anime out there, in my opinion.
hhh my parents loved watching The Devil is a Part Timer, FMA Brotherhood, & Samurai Champloo with me so that's all I got for suggestions.
hhh my parents loved watching The Devil is a Part Timer, FMA Brotherhood, & Samurai Champloo with me so that's all I got for suggestions.
He/Him lol
I got my dad to try Cowboy Bebop and he’s really liking it so far! Thank you for the other suggestions as well, I’ll definitely be trying some of them with him as well.
I got my dad to try Cowboy Bebop and he’s really liking it so far! Thank you for the other suggestions as well, I’ll definitely be trying some of them with him as well.
8HS4awg.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.giftRvB8Xn.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR +1 time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdragons for sale
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifplease give credit for any art/lore from forum games if used

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifgo drink some water :)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Search!!!

Perhaps something like Fractale would be good. It's like a combination of older days mixed with technology but it's very well balanced. Some others could be:
- Death Parade
- Kiznaiver
- Noragami
- Nanbaka
- Servamp
- Tokyo Ravens
And Tsuritama if you're looking for a weird but easy watching anime.
I totally recommend Nanbaka cause it's a comedy set in a prison that suddenly gets really dark but manages to keep the comedy intact. (Dub is totally better than sub just saying)
I also really recommend Kiznaiver and Death Parade since they get your minds thinking.
If you want to know more about any of them then just ask :)
Perhaps something like Fractale would be good. It's like a combination of older days mixed with technology but it's very well balanced. Some others could be:
- Death Parade
- Kiznaiver
- Noragami
- Nanbaka
- Servamp
- Tokyo Ravens
And Tsuritama if you're looking for a weird but easy watching anime.
I totally recommend Nanbaka cause it's a comedy set in a prison that suddenly gets really dark but manages to keep the comedy intact. (Dub is totally better than sub just saying)
I also really recommend Kiznaiver and Death Parade since they get your minds thinking.
If you want to know more about any of them then just ask :)
+8 hours
1 2 3 4