Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Hidden skills?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="@FlyingButtress" date="2018-03-05 16:55:36" ] Not me, but I have a close friend who can predict the death of any character in a show or book from the very start simply by liking them. If she likes a character, no matter what kind, main, co-main, supporting, background, totally inconsequential, that character will die. It is a source of so much amusement, I can't even begin to explain. [/quote] [s]you sure you're not talking about me lol[/s]
@FlyingButtress wrote on 2018-03-05 16:55:36:
Not me, but I have a close friend who can predict the death of any character in a show or book from the very start simply by liking them. If she likes a character, no matter what kind, main, co-main, supporting, background, totally inconsequential, that character will die. It is a source of so much amusement, I can't even begin to explain.

you sure you're not talking about me lol
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
I can make a squirrel call by accident. No really, it attracted five squirrels in a nearby tree. They were staring at me, and all coming closer. I ran as fast as I could outta there.

Now when I try the call, sometimes it works, and other times, the squirrel just stops. Just like that. All movement completely stops and the squirrel just stares at me, for a good thirty seconds or so. They won't approach me though.

Also I can get within a foot of a wild rabbit without scaring it away (maybe even more, but I stopped at a foot last time I tried). It takes a lot of patience, and waiting for it to relax and not look me in the eye.

I can make a squirrel call by accident. No really, it attracted five squirrels in a nearby tree. They were staring at me, and all coming closer. I ran as fast as I could outta there.

Now when I try the call, sometimes it works, and other times, the squirrel just stops. Just like that. All movement completely stops and the squirrel just stares at me, for a good thirty seconds or so. They won't approach me though.

Also I can get within a foot of a wild rabbit without scaring it away (maybe even more, but I stopped at a foot last time I tried). It takes a lot of patience, and waiting for it to relax and not look me in the eye.

BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
I sometimes thing "ha ha omg what if X happened wouldn't that be crazy" and a few hours later i see X happening right in front of me

i'm also very good at "scaring people away" i guess. I'm an introvert so I'm usually not comfortable talking to someone in real life that I have no acquaintance with, so I just keep a neutral face and I guess people find that intimidating enough (got me through a few glorious weeks of not having anyone sitting next to me at university)
I sometimes thing "ha ha omg what if X happened wouldn't that be crazy" and a few hours later i see X happening right in front of me

i'm also very good at "scaring people away" i guess. I'm an introvert so I'm usually not comfortable talking to someone in real life that I have no acquaintance with, so I just keep a neutral face and I guess people find that intimidating enough (got me through a few glorious weeks of not having anyone sitting next to me at university)
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

1:23.

AM? PM? Doesn't matter, I have this freaky ability to look at a clock whenever it is 1:23. It's been happening exceedingly frequent lately, to the point where I'm having it happen both times a day multiple days in a row and I'm sitting here like what does this mean???

It's probably because I looked at a clock once when it was and I said "Ahaha hey it's one-two-three :D" and now the world is constantly trying to prove it's funny and that this is indeed a great joke. It totally is.

Also, music. I can generally tell if I'm going to have a good or bad day simply by the music I hear on the radio in the morning. I also occasionally have good prediction skills for what songs I'm going to hear. Have a random song stuck in my head? Probably because I'm going to hear it later today.
And I can track down music too. I can be walking down a busy street and hear an errant note and immediately know 1.Where it's coming from and 2.What song it is (assuming I know the song already). It freaks out my family when we're at a restaurant or something and I'll burst out into song and then have to explain that I'm singing it because the guy that just pulled up to the building was playing in his car, yes I could hear that, no I definitely have terrible hearing it's just because it's music and I have this thing with music.
1:23.

AM? PM? Doesn't matter, I have this freaky ability to look at a clock whenever it is 1:23. It's been happening exceedingly frequent lately, to the point where I'm having it happen both times a day multiple days in a row and I'm sitting here like what does this mean???

It's probably because I looked at a clock once when it was and I said "Ahaha hey it's one-two-three :D" and now the world is constantly trying to prove it's funny and that this is indeed a great joke. It totally is.

Also, music. I can generally tell if I'm going to have a good or bad day simply by the music I hear on the radio in the morning. I also occasionally have good prediction skills for what songs I'm going to hear. Have a random song stuck in my head? Probably because I'm going to hear it later today.
And I can track down music too. I can be walking down a busy street and hear an errant note and immediately know 1.Where it's coming from and 2.What song it is (assuming I know the song already). It freaks out my family when we're at a restaurant or something and I'll burst out into song and then have to explain that I'm singing it because the guy that just pulled up to the building was playing in his car, yes I could hear that, no I definitely have terrible hearing it's just because it's music and I have this thing with music.
[quote name="BezimiennyRaptor" date="2018-03-05 12:31:13" ] Sometimes I have those prophetic dreams or at least the feeling of deja vu which feels like I was dreaming about it [/quote] [color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4] Happens to me, too. I can clap terribly loudly. Does that count?
BezimiennyRaptor wrote on 2018-03-05 12:31:13:
Sometimes I have those prophetic dreams or at least the feeling of deja vu which feels like I was dreaming about it

Happens to me, too.

I can clap terribly loudly. Does that count?

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
I can arch my thumb backwards so that it touches the back of my hand
I can hear my eyeballs moving
And I'm perfect pitch does that count lol
I can arch my thumb backwards so that it touches the back of my hand
I can hear my eyeballs moving
And I'm perfect pitch does that count lol
meep
This only happens when I'm not thinking about it, but, sometimes I'll think to myself 'huh, that'd be crazy if so and so happened' or something along those lines and then it will happen and honestly its weird how it happens almost every time. I saw someone else mention this on here too

Also when I was younger I got shocked by an electric fence and now I can sense electricity/electric currents that no one else can???? Like there's a little metal edge running along the outside part of my laptop and when i rest my wrists on them I get tiny shocks that nobody else can feel. Same way with our mixer. I put my face close to it once and the hair on my neck stood up, but no one else in my family can feel it when they try.
This only happens when I'm not thinking about it, but, sometimes I'll think to myself 'huh, that'd be crazy if so and so happened' or something along those lines and then it will happen and honestly its weird how it happens almost every time. I saw someone else mention this on here too

Also when I was younger I got shocked by an electric fence and now I can sense electricity/electric currents that no one else can???? Like there's a little metal edge running along the outside part of my laptop and when i rest my wrists on them I get tiny shocks that nobody else can feel. Same way with our mixer. I put my face close to it once and the hair on my neck stood up, but no one else in my family can feel it when they try.
bbc193bd8a2a3ee420bc1f2454804edf.jpg
I can uh,,,touch my elbows together in front of my torso
I can uh,,,touch my elbows together in front of my torso
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
I can walk barefoot on rocks and such without caring or getting my feet cut. Probably because I walk my dog through the woods without shoes a lot.
I'm also apparently really good at untying knots. Like, I was wearing one of those dress were you tie a bow in the back, which I never do, and my friend tied it in a knot. Like, she knotted so many times there wasn't any thread? Rope? Ribbon? Left.
Then I untied it with one hand in under a minute...
I can walk barefoot on rocks and such without caring or getting my feet cut. Probably because I walk my dog through the woods without shoes a lot.
I'm also apparently really good at untying knots. Like, I was wearing one of those dress were you tie a bow in the back, which I never do, and my friend tied it in a knot. Like, she knotted so many times there wasn't any thread? Rope? Ribbon? Left.
Then I untied it with one hand in under a minute...
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
I can panic click in Minecraft pvp, which doubles my cps in a split second. I've been called out for hacking, even though I was just nervous xD

I can also move my ears and see words without reading them.

And (I don't know if this is a "skill" but whatever) I can gain an Australian accent mid-conversation without intending to do so...
I can panic click in Minecraft pvp, which doubles my cps in a split second. I've been called out for hacking, even though I was just nervous xD

I can also move my ears and see words without reading them.

And (I don't know if this is a "skill" but whatever) I can gain an Australian accent mid-conversation without intending to do so...
most people put something meaningful here...
1 2 3 4 5