Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ~♦Daily Spaceflight Images♦~
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16
Too young to see the moon landing, too old to see us to go to mars. But I am old enough to see a Tesla roadster in space. :D [img]https://i.imgur.com/MB3H2ru.jpg[/img]
Too young to see the moon landing,
too old to see us to go to mars.

But I am old enough to see a Tesla roadster in space. :D

MB3H2ru.jpg
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
@GuidanceOfficer

Oh, please do add me to the pinglist! This is a wonderful idea.
@GuidanceOfficer

Oh, please do add me to the pinglist! This is a wonderful idea.
chompers_by_babezord-daj8yxw.gif

+18 Flight Rising Time.
[b]Day 29: 7 February 2018[/b] @VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2d9437bf5865d315ca8f4996b7d7272b/tumblr_ojhqkvXOag1vrxhqro1_1280.png[/img] Gene Cernan (center) and Jack Schmitt (right) show Gene Kranz (who has long hair for some reason) a flag they flew to the moon. I really, really want to appreciate everyone in this image... but apparently these days Jack is a climate change denier, so you know what? I hope everyone in this picture had a good day except him. I'm giving my speech on Gene Kranz to a bunch of people tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Day 29: 7 February 2018

@VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity

tumblr_ojhqkvXOag1vrxhqro1_1280.png

Gene Cernan (center) and Jack Schmitt (right) show Gene Kranz (who has long hair for some reason) a flag they flew to the moon.

I really, really want to appreciate everyone in this image... but apparently these days Jack is a climate change denier, so you know what? I hope everyone in this picture had a good day except him.

I'm giving my speech on Gene Kranz to a bunch of people tomorrow. Wish me luck!
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
@GuidanceOfficer
Good luck on your presentation!
@GuidanceOfficer
Good luck on your presentation!
eLAndXa.png FooterAds.gif
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
2OTuj7X.png I hoard black orpingtons and black-capped chickadees!
Good luck. I am sure you will do well!
Good luck. I am sure you will do well!
chompers_by_babezord-daj8yxw.gif

+18 Flight Rising Time.
[b]Day 30: 8 February 2018[/b] @VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity [center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/e662ba01c632683f6e2c7492f5c393ae/tumblr_out0bpSz5M1wu1xspo3_400.jpg[/img][/center] I feel obligated to post a picture of Gene Kranz today because I GOT AN A ON MY SPEECH ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My professor actually complimented my speaking style. I don't know how I did it either, so don't ask. I'm still... confused though. I did a speech about Gene Kranz, and he tells me I talked too much about the Apollo Program. ... This is [i]Gene Kranz.[/i] How the hell am I supposed to not talk about the Apollo program? "This is Gene Kranz, he likes pepsi and, uhh, making bad fashion choices to show how much he loves his wife" ANYWAYS. I hope you guys had/are having a good day!
Day 30: 8 February 2018

@VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity

tumblr_out0bpSz5M1wu1xspo3_400.jpg

I feel obligated to post a picture of Gene Kranz today because I GOT AN A ON MY SPEECH ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My professor actually complimented my speaking style. I don't know how I did it either, so don't ask.

I'm still... confused though. I did a speech about Gene Kranz, and he tells me I talked too much about the Apollo Program.

This is Gene Kranz.

How the hell am I supposed to not talk about the Apollo program? "This is Gene Kranz, he likes pepsi and, uhh, making bad fashion choices to show how much he loves his wife"

ANYWAYS. I hope you guys had/are having a good day!
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
Day 31: 9 February 2018 @VincentAnderlin @kallimabutterfly @NotarySojac @Firra @BezimiennyRaptor @Cunea @Kirmon64 @RainbowRay @SpottedSorex @OMGAKITTEN @NoDragonHere @TeenyTinyDragon @TheEngineer @clockworkEntity [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/276515100465299456/411636844116049930/artist_depiction_of_apollo_13_crew_on_lunar_surface_c_1970.jpg[/img] A painting of the crew of Apollo 13 (Jim Lovell and Fred Haise here) posing like bold adventurers climbing among the Fra Mauro highlands. I love this painting for a lot of reasons. Mostly I just think it's pretty. The LM looks like a queen and Fred and Jim look like they're having a great time. The image library I downloaded it from, though, was quick to point out all the inaccuracies, such as: [LIST] [*]You wouldn't be able to see stars in the sky during the lunar day through either your eyes or a camera, because the ground and environment is too bright. [*]Those streaks have no basis in reality. [*]It's too hard to bend in an Apollo suit, so posing like that would be really difficult. [*]Jim and Fred probably wouldn't have landed that close to all those rocks. [/LIST] And, you know... the fact that they never actually landed on the moon. Hindsight be like that sometimes.
Day 31: 9 February 2018

artist_depiction_of_apollo_13_crew_on_lunar_surface_c_1970.jpg

A painting of the crew of Apollo 13 (Jim Lovell and Fred Haise here) posing like bold adventurers climbing among the Fra Mauro highlands.

I love this painting for a lot of reasons. Mostly I just think it's pretty. The LM looks like a queen and Fred and Jim look like they're having a great time.

The image library I downloaded it from, though, was quick to point out all the inaccuracies, such as:
  • You wouldn't be able to see stars in the sky during the lunar day through either your eyes or a camera, because the ground and environment is too bright.
  • Those streaks have no basis in reality.
  • It's too hard to bend in an Apollo suit, so posing like that would be really difficult.
  • Jim and Fred probably wouldn't have landed that close to all those rocks.

And, you know... the fact that they never actually landed on the moon.

Hindsight be like that sometimes.
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
One month!
One month!
kZ05qh2.png
@GuidanceOfficer

I love space! Can you please put me on the ping list?
@GuidanceOfficer

I love space! Can you please put me on the ping list?
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
Wishlist
She/Her
FRT+9
@Endeavour Anything for a literal space shuttle! :D
@Endeavour Anything for a literal space shuttle! :D
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
NUuorfS.png .
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16