Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dumb Things You've Done?
1 2 3

used my phone flashlight in the dark... to search for my phone

used my phone flashlight in the dark... to search for my phone
2dumqon.jpg

they/them | med student
martial artist
I have a habit of casually faceplanting on the nearest couch whenever things go bad for fictional characters. It's an alternative for screaming my feels at the world, which my family doesn't particularly appreciate.
And all was right with the world until I accidentally landed on my leg and twisted it.
like, five times

This was last January and my leg still hurts, but did I stop making that mistake? Nah.
I have a habit of casually faceplanting on the nearest couch whenever things go bad for fictional characters. It's an alternative for screaming my feels at the world, which my family doesn't particularly appreciate.
And all was right with the world until I accidentally landed on my leg and twisted it.
like, five times

This was last January and my leg still hurts, but did I stop making that mistake? Nah.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
-I asked if anyone had seen my 3DS because I couldn't find it. I don't exactly remember, but I was either holding it or had it in my pocket.
-I somehow tripped over my own foot while standing still.
-My stepdad was on the phone talking to his brother. While still in the phone call, he asked me if I knew where his phone was so he could use it to help his brother with some kind of mobile game. I said I hadn't seen it. It took us a ridiculous amount of time to figure out that he was already using it. in my defense I was distracted. I think I was watching Pokemon or something??

I do a lot of dumb stuff, that's just what I remember off the top of my head :P
-I asked if anyone had seen my 3DS because I couldn't find it. I don't exactly remember, but I was either holding it or had it in my pocket.
-I somehow tripped over my own foot while standing still.
-My stepdad was on the phone talking to his brother. While still in the phone call, he asked me if I knew where his phone was so he could use it to help his brother with some kind of mobile game. I said I hadn't seen it. It took us a ridiculous amount of time to figure out that he was already using it. in my defense I was distracted. I think I was watching Pokemon or something??

I do a lot of dumb stuff, that's just what I remember off the top of my head :P
CAszu6o.png clai/mordecai/aether
fae/they
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fqG5KmE.png
Looking for my glasses while they're on my face is pretty stupid
Looking for my glasses while they're on my face is pretty stupid
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
"Hold on, I can't find my phone." While I was talking on the phone.

Meanwhile, my mom on the other line: "...are you okay"
"Hold on, I can't find my phone." While I was talking on the phone.

Meanwhile, my mom on the other line: "...are you okay"
eg1jZa2.png
This was a while back!
I, for no apparent reason, decided to climb and walk across the top of a fence in corner of our backyard. The fence was not too tall, maybe 4.6 feet? So I climbed on, and grabbing the tree branch above (it was a fairly young tree, so not quite so good for balancing). I started walking across the metal bar on top of the fencing. I had already gone across it multiple times, and it was a lovely day. I wasn't very afraid of falling, and was alright walking on it. The sun was just setting, and I said to myself, "Hey, let's just sit down on this tree branch! Then I can sit and comfortable watch the sun set". The branch slipped from my hand (even if it didn't slip, I would have still fallen). Fell down hard, inches away from a patch of poison ivy which seemed to be everywhere but that area where I'd fallen. Scratched my foot hard, because it got caught on the wire.

Then, of course, over the next few weeks, I repeated same event two more times. It's miraculous I never got poison ivy, or broke anything.
This was a while back!
I, for no apparent reason, decided to climb and walk across the top of a fence in corner of our backyard. The fence was not too tall, maybe 4.6 feet? So I climbed on, and grabbing the tree branch above (it was a fairly young tree, so not quite so good for balancing). I started walking across the metal bar on top of the fencing. I had already gone across it multiple times, and it was a lovely day. I wasn't very afraid of falling, and was alright walking on it. The sun was just setting, and I said to myself, "Hey, let's just sit down on this tree branch! Then I can sit and comfortable watch the sun set". The branch slipped from my hand (even if it didn't slip, I would have still fallen). Fell down hard, inches away from a patch of poison ivy which seemed to be everywhere but that area where I'd fallen. Scratched my foot hard, because it got caught on the wire.

Then, of course, over the next few weeks, I repeated same event two more times. It's miraculous I never got poison ivy, or broke anything.
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
Today my mom asked me to get her a notebook so she could write something down and I brought her a pair of scissors

I don’t know how I screwed up that badly
Today my mom asked me to get her a notebook so she could write something down and I brought her a pair of scissors

I don’t know how I screwed up that badly
WHO_IS_THIS_MAN.gif
August of 2006 or 2007

I was about 11 or 12, and my sister and I got in an argument while on vacation up in Maine, at East Grand Lake. Well, she goes to slam a door and me, being the arrogant kid i was, went to block it and leave it open so i could yell at her more. Well, i learned my lesson after missing the door completely and my arm went through the entirety of the glass window thing on the door and scarring from my wrist up to my elbow, with a puncture wound where the glass shards embedded themselves in my arm. It was a 2 hour drive to the hospital and the whole time i was freaking out and so was my sister. When we got to the hospital, it wasn't a pretty sight or feeling when they had to dig out little glass shards and pour alcohol on it.

May of 2016

So, this one happened last year. I was riding my bike home from work and the chain decided to pop. Well, at first i thought i could control it because it wasn't that bad; just let the pedals spin and ride it until it stopped and fix the chain, right? Wrong. The chain popped, and my shoelace got caught in the gearshaft. Which threw me off the bike and onto the ground. I had to put my left hand out to protect my face, and my hand took quite a beating. That comes later. I had 2 cracked ribs and road rash going from my armpit down to my waist. My left hand had a rock lodged into it pretty far, and was bleeding pretty bad. So, i tried to dig it out with my knife (to avoid those hospital fees) but ended up going to the ER around 10pm. Around midnight, i got out all bandaged up from where the nurse cut it out of my hand and wrote me out of work for 4 days because of my ribs.
August of 2006 or 2007

I was about 11 or 12, and my sister and I got in an argument while on vacation up in Maine, at East Grand Lake. Well, she goes to slam a door and me, being the arrogant kid i was, went to block it and leave it open so i could yell at her more. Well, i learned my lesson after missing the door completely and my arm went through the entirety of the glass window thing on the door and scarring from my wrist up to my elbow, with a puncture wound where the glass shards embedded themselves in my arm. It was a 2 hour drive to the hospital and the whole time i was freaking out and so was my sister. When we got to the hospital, it wasn't a pretty sight or feeling when they had to dig out little glass shards and pour alcohol on it.

May of 2016

So, this one happened last year. I was riding my bike home from work and the chain decided to pop. Well, at first i thought i could control it because it wasn't that bad; just let the pedals spin and ride it until it stopped and fix the chain, right? Wrong. The chain popped, and my shoelace got caught in the gearshaft. Which threw me off the bike and onto the ground. I had to put my left hand out to protect my face, and my hand took quite a beating. That comes later. I had 2 cracked ribs and road rash going from my armpit down to my waist. My left hand had a rock lodged into it pretty far, and was bleeding pretty bad. So, i tried to dig it out with my knife (to avoid those hospital fees) but ended up going to the ER around 10pm. Around midnight, i got out all bandaged up from where the nurse cut it out of my hand and wrote me out of work for 4 days because of my ribs.
@StormyParakeet

At least on the bright side that seems to be a common thing xD

@StormyParakeet

At least on the bright side that seems to be a common thing xD

hoo boi my mom gets onto me about this one,,,
so one day in 2008 or so, i decided to pour maple syrup on my sister's ceiling fan
...and turned it on
they never let me forget it
hoo boi my mom gets onto me about this one,,,
so one day in 2008 or so, i decided to pour maple syrup on my sister's ceiling fan
...and turned it on
they never let me forget it
mlHpBMC.png
[Projects]
[Fandragon Directory]
perpetually funding my nightmarish fandragon addiction
(lower picks always appreciated!)
liepard.gif
1 2 3