Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Return of the meat pineapple!
[quote name="LanathanaWolf" date="2018-02-12 19:50:43" ] [img]https://preview.ibb.co/ejKuO7/27971688_10159494971693125_271543901297921761_n.jpg[/img] pickle cake [/quote] I wouldn’t eat the whole thing but I remember getting individual rolls like this from a friend. They were good.
LanathanaWolf wrote on 2018-02-12 19:50:43:
27971688_10159494971693125_271543901297921761_n.jpg

pickle cake

I wouldn’t eat the whole thing but I remember getting individual rolls like this from a friend. They were good.
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
[quote name="Mokuba" date="2023-04-23 12:54:03" ] [quote name="corndog" date="2022-12-31 16:16:31" ] [snip] [img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E1yV2vJWUAEVpM1.jpg[/img] as an appetizer, ham-wrapped pickle in puff pastry [snip] [/quote] I know this is a super late reply, but my mom actually used to make me these for lunch in elementary! They’re really good. It’s not actually puff pastry, just a plain tortilla. The white stuff is mayo I think. It’s been a while. [/quote] Yeah these! I should make some when I get some pickles. Got plenty of tortillas already.
Mokuba wrote on 2023-04-23 12:54:03:
corndog wrote on 2022-12-31 16:16:31:
[snip]
E1yV2vJWUAEVpM1.jpg
as an appetizer, ham-wrapped pickle in puff pastry
[snip]

I know this is a super late reply, but my mom actually used to make me these for lunch in elementary! They’re really good. It’s not actually puff pastry, just a plain tortilla. The white stuff is mayo I think. It’s been a while.

Yeah these! I should make some when I get some pickles. Got plenty of tortillas already.
[quote name="Bugbag" date="2024-07-06 20:07:00" ] [quote name="8FGPDEAfqGspsBBg" date="2017-12-11 05:43:05" ] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/dd741c191f97ea412c0e7d90360da539/tumblr_inline_ooxuqy9sjX1t5w799_1280.png[/img] [/quote] Raw white onion is a sin. It needs to be carmalized. [/quote] This makes me feel like home. Nothing better than a good Mettbrötchen :D And it needs raw white onion >:O How about a nice pickle with caramel and M&Ms? [img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c7/34/9a/c7349a42b1be7498301cc4e4230e5432--scary-food-gross-food.jpg[/img]
Bugbag wrote on 2024-07-06 20:07:00:
8FGPDEAfqGspsBBg wrote on 2017-12-11 05:43:05:
tumblr_inline_ooxuqy9sjX1t5w799_1280.png

Raw white onion is a sin. It needs to be carmalized.

This makes me feel like home. Nothing better than a good Mettbrötchen :D
And it needs raw white onion >:O

How about a nice pickle with caramel and M&Ms?

c7349a42b1be7498301cc4e4230e5432--scary-food-gross-food.jpg
Noctua_Link_Item.png BS31-1.pngBS32-1.pngBS33-1.png
BS31-2.pngBS32-2.pngBS33-2.png
BS31-3.pngBS32-3.pngBS33-3.png
BS31-4.pngBS32-4.pngBS33-4.png
MMIcon.png
I already tried the pickle and chocolate. It’s not bad, but it’s not good, just disappointing. Either that or it needs better quality chocolate or a mix of white chocolate, macadamia nut or Texas pecans and dark chocolate curls. The milk choc just doesn’t do it.

Or like a jalapeño milk chocolate sauce and crushed redskin peanuts might work.
I already tried the pickle and chocolate. It’s not bad, but it’s not good, just disappointing. Either that or it needs better quality chocolate or a mix of white chocolate, macadamia nut or Texas pecans and dark chocolate curls. The milk choc just doesn’t do it.

Or like a jalapeño milk chocolate sauce and crushed redskin peanuts might work.
@Pinguin
The onion comment was uncalled for. I seem to have developed a dislike for white onions in general. I’m not sure what that’s about. I like reds/purples raw though.
@Pinguin
The onion comment was uncalled for. I seem to have developed a dislike for white onions in general. I’m not sure what that’s about. I like reds/purples raw though.
@Bugbag I of course can't speak for them, but they're correct that Mettbrotchen (and the parent dish that's just salted raw pork, Mett) are traditionally served with raw onions. I believe it's supposed to cut the richness of the meat. BTW this is also the same kind of dish where it's a raw meatloaf shaped like a hedgehog with onion slices for the spikes. Long story short, basically every kind of raw pork or beef mince dish I can find also has raw white onion in it. It's also apparently related to the Wisconsin classic "cannibal sandwich," which I absolutely want to try if I can find a butcher I trust enough. [img]https://www.wpr.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/cannibal_sandwich_main_1.jpg[/img]
@Bugbag I of course can't speak for them, but they're correct that Mettbrotchen (and the parent dish that's just salted raw pork, Mett) are traditionally served with raw onions. I believe it's supposed to cut the richness of the meat. BTW this is also the same kind of dish where it's a raw meatloaf shaped like a hedgehog with onion slices for the spikes. Long story short, basically every kind of raw pork or beef mince dish I can find also has raw white onion in it.

It's also apparently related to the Wisconsin classic "cannibal sandwich," which I absolutely want to try if I can find a butcher I trust enough.

cannibal_sandwich_main_1.jpg
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
Onions are traditionally used to tame a variety of lipid rich foods. They tend to make cold dishes refreshing. I like spicy food and white/boilers are just too sweet. Again I’m not sure what that’s about. [img]https://www.tastingtable.com/img/gallery/philadelphias-chocolate-covered-onion-started-as-a-punchline/intro-1678389049.jpg[/img] Ironically yellows/Maui are more appealing but this right here is what I’d have nightmares about. [img]https://www.fragrantvanilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/PB-2Bstuffed-2Bpeppers-2B3.jpg[/img] Nut butter filled peppers are where it’s at. I’d use honey rather than agave. Clover has a lighter more fragrant flavor [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=four leaf clover size=1] That said I also use to like Mexican hot chocolate and hot chais. What I’m not sure about is black pepper donuts and black pepper ice cream. They’re in one of my cook books though... [img]https://assets.bonappetit.com/photos/57afc0a1f1c801a1038bd411/master/w_1280,c_limit/sp-double-chocolate-tart-black-pepper-ice-cream-646.jpg[/img]
Onions are traditionally used to tame a variety of lipid rich foods. They tend to make cold dishes refreshing. I like spicy food and white/boilers are just too sweet. Again I’m not sure what that’s about.

intro-1678389049.jpg
Ironically yellows/Maui are more appealing but this right here is what I’d have nightmares about.

PB-2Bstuffed-2Bpeppers-2B3.jpg
Nut butter filled peppers are where it’s at. I’d use honey rather than agave. Clover has a lighter more fragrant flavor

That said I also use to like Mexican hot chocolate and hot chais.
What I’m not sure about is black pepper donuts and black pepper ice cream. They’re in one of my cook books though...

sp-double-chocolate-tart-black-pepper-ice-cream-646.jpg
I would [i]absolutely[/i] be down to try that black pepper ice cream, especially as presented with what looks like some kind of chocolate cake or mousse. Little bit of bite, a little bit of cream, and then the lovely chocolate sounds delicious. Then again, I had a basil gelato recently that was straight up incredible, so I'm a little biased towards herbals right now [emoji=tundra laughing size=1]
I would absolutely be down to try that black pepper ice cream, especially as presented with what looks like some kind of chocolate cake or mousse. Little bit of bite, a little bit of cream, and then the lovely chocolate sounds delicious. Then again, I had a basil gelato recently that was straight up incredible, so I'm a little biased towards herbals right now
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
[quote name="Churrell" date="2024-07-06 11:42:33" ] I’m making Kool aid pickles because of this thread None of the recipes I found online specify whether to adjust the amount of sugar for the way-less-than-full-batch amount of liquid that comes in the pickle jar This much sugar won’t even dissolve in this little liquid They’re brining for a week [/quote] [quote name="@buggy101" date="2024-07-06 11:46:26" ] @Churrell Please tell us how they taste. [/quote] [quote name="@SheridanCharon" date="2024-07-06 11:48:24" ] @Churrell I have two things to say about this: 1) Why would you do that to yourself????????? 2) Godspeed, we'll see you on the other side. [/quote] All right, I'll give you the whole pickle scoop First of all, I had to nest the pickle jar in a ziploc bag because somewhere in the process I had gotten it to be drippy and stainy Second of all, I couldn't wait the full week before trying these, it's been like five days Third of all, they're tropical punch flavor, because the only other option was lemonade and sour lemon flavor plus sour pickle flavor felt like cheating Oh, and the pickles are spears So, the pickle I extracted was Unnatural Red (and as I took a photo of it to show my roommate, since I was propping the pickle on my leg, I made sure to specify "this is not an open wound, this is a kool aid pickle") I bite the pickle My roommate texts back to tell me not to eat drippy stainy kool aid pickle in the bed. It's too late. The pickle has what I'd call too much kool aid and not enough pickle. Possibly because we're looking at a full cup of sugar in, like a half-full jar And there's a surprise on the inside! The red color has only gotten through PART of the pickle!! The part closest to the skin is still green, while the cut parts of the spear are that bright unnatural red. In truth, it reminds me of my favorite thing on Flight Rising, Primal Plague Eyes
Churrell wrote on 2024-07-06 11:42:33:
I’m making Kool aid pickles because of this thread

None of the recipes I found online specify whether to adjust the amount of sugar for the way-less-than-full-batch amount of liquid that comes in the pickle jar

This much sugar won’t even dissolve in this little liquid

They’re brining for a week
@buggy101 wrote on 2024-07-06 11:46:26:
@Churrell
Please tell us how they taste.
@SheridanCharon wrote on 2024-07-06 11:48:24:
@Churrell

I have two things to say about this:

1) Why would you do that to yourself?????????

2) Godspeed, we'll see you on the other side.

All right, I'll give you the whole pickle scoop

First of all, I had to nest the pickle jar in a ziploc bag because somewhere in the process I had gotten it to be drippy and stainy

Second of all, I couldn't wait the full week before trying these, it's been like five days

Third of all, they're tropical punch flavor, because the only other option was lemonade and sour lemon flavor plus sour pickle flavor felt like cheating

Oh, and the pickles are spears

So, the pickle I extracted was Unnatural Red (and as I took a photo of it to show my roommate, since I was propping the pickle on my leg, I made sure to specify "this is not an open wound, this is a kool aid pickle")

I bite the pickle

My roommate texts back to tell me not to eat drippy stainy kool aid pickle in the bed. It's too late.

The pickle has what I'd call too much kool aid and not enough pickle. Possibly because we're looking at a full cup of sugar in, like a half-full jar

And there's a surprise on the inside! The red color has only gotten through PART of the pickle!! The part closest to the skin is still green, while the cut parts of the spear are that bright unnatural red.

In truth, it reminds me of my favorite thing on Flight Rising, Primal Plague Eyes
Skin: Lite Sprite
[quote name="Churrell" date="2024-07-11 17:55:25" ] [quote name="Churrell" date="2024-07-06 11:42:33" ] I’m making Kool aid pickles because of this thread None of the recipes I found online specify whether to adjust the amount of sugar for the way-less-than-full-batch amount of liquid that comes in the pickle jar This much sugar won’t even dissolve in this little liquid They’re brining for a week [/quote] [quote name="buggy101" date="2024-07-06 11:46:26" ] @Churrell Please tell us how they taste. [/quote] [quote name="SheridanCharon" date="2024-07-06 11:48:24" ] @Churrell I have two things to say about this: 1) Why would you do that to yourself????????? 2) Godspeed, we'll see you on the other side. [/quote] All right, I'll give you the whole pickle scoop First of all, I had to nest the pickle jar in a ziploc bag because somewhere in the process I had gotten it to be drippy and stainy Second of all, I couldn't wait the full week before trying these, it's been like five days Third of all, they're tropical punch flavor, because the only other option was lemonade and sour lemon flavor plus sour pickle flavor felt like cheating Oh, and the pickles are spears So, the pickle I extracted was Unnatural Red (and as I took a photo of it to show my roommate, since I was propping the pickle on my leg, I made sure to specify "this is not an open wound, this is a kool aid pickle") I bite the pickle My roommate texts back to tell me not to eat drippy stainy kool aid pickle in the bed. It's too late. The pickle has what I'd call too much kool aid and not enough pickle. Possibly because we're looking at a full cup of sugar in, like a half-full jar And there's a surprise on the inside! The red color has only gotten through PART of the pickle!! The part closest to the skin is still green, while the cut parts of the spear are that bright unnatural red. In truth, it reminds me of my favorite thing on Flight Rising, Primal Plague Eyes [/quote] There's a red triangle on my leg now where the pickle was
Churrell wrote on 2024-07-11 17:55:25:
Churrell wrote on 2024-07-06 11:42:33:
I’m making Kool aid pickles because of this thread

None of the recipes I found online specify whether to adjust the amount of sugar for the way-less-than-full-batch amount of liquid that comes in the pickle jar

This much sugar won’t even dissolve in this little liquid

They’re brining for a week
buggy101 wrote on 2024-07-06 11:46:26:
@Churrell
Please tell us how they taste.
SheridanCharon wrote on 2024-07-06 11:48:24:
@Churrell

I have two things to say about this:

1) Why would you do that to yourself?????????

2) Godspeed, we'll see you on the other side.

All right, I'll give you the whole pickle scoop

First of all, I had to nest the pickle jar in a ziploc bag because somewhere in the process I had gotten it to be drippy and stainy

Second of all, I couldn't wait the full week before trying these, it's been like five days

Third of all, they're tropical punch flavor, because the only other option was lemonade and sour lemon flavor plus sour pickle flavor felt like cheating

Oh, and the pickles are spears

So, the pickle I extracted was Unnatural Red (and as I took a photo of it to show my roommate, since I was propping the pickle on my leg, I made sure to specify "this is not an open wound, this is a kool aid pickle")

I bite the pickle

My roommate texts back to tell me not to eat drippy stainy kool aid pickle in the bed. It's too late.

The pickle has what I'd call too much kool aid and not enough pickle. Possibly because we're looking at a full cup of sugar in, like a half-full jar

And there's a surprise on the inside! The red color has only gotten through PART of the pickle!! The part closest to the skin is still green, while the cut parts of the spear are that bright unnatural red.

In truth, it reminds me of my favorite thing on Flight Rising, Primal Plague Eyes

There's a red triangle on my leg now where the pickle was
Skin: Lite Sprite