Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Where my Gorillaz fans at?
1 2 3
I noticed that there were some band posts popping up in the general forums so I wanted to jump the bandwagon, lmao B)

Is anyone else here a fan of Gorillaz? Who's your favorite band member, and what's your favorite album? What do you think of Humanz? How long were you a fan??
-INHALES-

Ya gotta tell me!!!!!! 8D
I noticed that there were some band posts popping up in the general forums so I wanted to jump the bandwagon, lmao B)

Is anyone else here a fan of Gorillaz? Who's your favorite band member, and what's your favorite album? What do you think of Humanz? How long were you a fan??
-INHALES-

Ya gotta tell me!!!!!! 8D
item_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gif
Tony | She/They Pronouns
Ping me! Please and thank you~
I've been listening to them since I saw the video for Clint Eastwood as a kid. (2001 or 2002?)
My favorite album (from any band, ever) is Demon Days. It got me through a lot of rough stuff, and I have a lot of really fond memories attached to it.
2D has always been my favourite member.
I'm not a huge fan of Humanz other than Saturnz Barz and Let Me Out, but idk. It took a couple years for Plastic Beach to grow on me, Humanz will probably be the same.
I've been listening to them since I saw the video for Clint Eastwood as a kid. (2001 or 2002?)
My favorite album (from any band, ever) is Demon Days. It got me through a lot of rough stuff, and I have a lot of really fond memories attached to it.
2D has always been my favourite member.
I'm not a huge fan of Humanz other than Saturnz Barz and Let Me Out, but idk. It took a couple years for Plastic Beach to grow on me, Humanz will probably be the same.
tumblr_static_9te3s3qis6ckk0gs4sk0808w8.gif
19-2000 and Clint Eastwood were my first songs from them I listened to but I can't remember which I heard first. My favorite album was Demon Days but Humanz might be now. Demon Days is the one I've been able to consistently listen to, even when my music tastes have changed. Noodles is my favorite band member, I like where they've taken her character.
19-2000 and Clint Eastwood were my first songs from them I listened to but I can't remember which I heard first. My favorite album was Demon Days but Humanz might be now. Demon Days is the one I've been able to consistently listen to, even when my music tastes have changed. Noodles is my favorite band member, I like where they've taken her character.
fhJcysU.png
Clint Eastwood was the first real song I knew ALL the words to. The fact that they are an animated band just captivated me. I don't know if I could pick a favorite anything!
Clint Eastwood was the first real song I knew ALL the words to. The fact that they are an animated band just captivated me. I don't know if I could pick a favorite anything!
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
Why no, I don't have two lines of lyrics from Stylo tattooed on my back. Why on earth would I ever think to do that? *shifty eyes*

Okay you caught me... I LOVE GORILLAZ!! They's my jam. Murdoc is God. Been a fan ever since I saw the music videos air on Cartoon Network like. Millennia ago. Hooked ever since. Favorite album? Probably Demon Days. I like most of Humanz. It's not their best (IMO) but there's a good handful of songs I like, and the rest are growing on me.

Has anyone else been lucky enough to see them live? I got to see their Plastic Beach tour, when they played at Madison Square Garden. Possibly the best night of my life. Definitely ranked preeeeetty dang high. If I can ever get around to clearing out and organizing my art studio, I have a crap-ton of framed Gorillaz art that will essentially dominate the room. Not to mention I may or may not be planning on painting the old-school spray paint style logo on the far wall, and hanging a bunch of Rock Band guitar controllers... One of which is a red Flying-V.... which yes, I will be (eventually) modifying into El Diablo.

No. I don't like Gorillaz... Not at all.
Why no, I don't have two lines of lyrics from Stylo tattooed on my back. Why on earth would I ever think to do that? *shifty eyes*

Okay you caught me... I LOVE GORILLAZ!! They's my jam. Murdoc is God. Been a fan ever since I saw the music videos air on Cartoon Network like. Millennia ago. Hooked ever since. Favorite album? Probably Demon Days. I like most of Humanz. It's not their best (IMO) but there's a good handful of songs I like, and the rest are growing on me.

Has anyone else been lucky enough to see them live? I got to see their Plastic Beach tour, when they played at Madison Square Garden. Possibly the best night of my life. Definitely ranked preeeeetty dang high. If I can ever get around to clearing out and organizing my art studio, I have a crap-ton of framed Gorillaz art that will essentially dominate the room. Not to mention I may or may not be planning on painting the old-school spray paint style logo on the far wall, and hanging a bunch of Rock Band guitar controllers... One of which is a red Flying-V.... which yes, I will be (eventually) modifying into El Diablo.

No. I don't like Gorillaz... Not at all.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
I love Noodle, the stuff she does in her time off between phases is just.. so good. I love Clint Eastwood but my favorite thing to jam out to in the car is Superfast Jellyfish and Rock The House. De La Soul's flow just does it for me.

as for THE BATH Humanz, I think it's freaken cool that the band got back together and it was a mind-blowing day for me since I hadn't heard of any new albums since i got into them in junior high 7 years ago. It doesn't really have the same feeling as phases 1-3 but it's still Gorillaz to me.
I love Noodle, the stuff she does in her time off between phases is just.. so good. I love Clint Eastwood but my favorite thing to jam out to in the car is Superfast Jellyfish and Rock The House. De La Soul's flow just does it for me.

as for THE BATH Humanz, I think it's freaken cool that the band got back together and it was a mind-blowing day for me since I hadn't heard of any new albums since i got into them in junior high 7 years ago. It doesn't really have the same feeling as phases 1-3 but it's still Gorillaz to me.
@DoomCat))

GORILLAZ? EIUFNRIOESNFIEW GHTJRGNOIGFRENEI

My first song was "Feel Good Inc," then I just fell in love with it. I don't really have a favorite band member... ;-;

(I think in "Sleeping Powder" 2-D had more than some peppermint tea.)
@DoomCat))

GORILLAZ? EIUFNRIOESNFIEW GHTJRGNOIGFRENEI

My first song was "Feel Good Inc," then I just fell in love with it. I don't really have a favorite band member... ;-;

(I think in "Sleeping Powder" 2-D had more than some peppermint tea.)
proty_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfz.pnghumbee_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pngb.pngjorge_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfh.png
I hope you guys dont mind me pinging you all in one post! ^u^'

@mib Omg i think the same thing happened to me too? I remember seeing the music video for Clint Eastwood as a kid too! If there's anything i remember, its the dancing zombie gorillas. LMAO
Ooo i love Demon days, its one my favorite albums <3

@1ttybittykitty I feel you, Humanz and Demon Days are tied for my favorite album? Though i like demon days a little better. Probably because I listened to it longer.

@TimeOblivion whoops! My bad!! XD Though that happens to me too

@Clandestino Yooo, i remember back when i was in highschool I memoriezed everything for Feel Good Inc, including the rap part. B)

@Velg Dude that's awesome! They had music videos on cartoon network? That happened? I did not know omg :0!! ~I really want to see them play live, its on my bucket list!~

@BlueFeathers Noodle is awesome. 2-D is my fave though! B) I think some of my favorite songs right now are Strobelite, Submission, Rhinestone eyes and Rockit? Goood I was so happy when they got back together? It was totally fun to experience the hype for Humanz! :'3

@Chompymawile My first song was Clint Eastwood, but Feel Good inc made me discover them again!
PFFFFT YEAH! xD That music video was werid, but i love the song.
I hope you guys dont mind me pinging you all in one post! ^u^'

@mib Omg i think the same thing happened to me too? I remember seeing the music video for Clint Eastwood as a kid too! If there's anything i remember, its the dancing zombie gorillas. LMAO
Ooo i love Demon days, its one my favorite albums <3

@1ttybittykitty I feel you, Humanz and Demon Days are tied for my favorite album? Though i like demon days a little better. Probably because I listened to it longer.

@TimeOblivion whoops! My bad!! XD Though that happens to me too

@Clandestino Yooo, i remember back when i was in highschool I memoriezed everything for Feel Good Inc, including the rap part. B)

@Velg Dude that's awesome! They had music videos on cartoon network? That happened? I did not know omg :0!! ~I really want to see them play live, its on my bucket list!~

@BlueFeathers Noodle is awesome. 2-D is my fave though! B) I think some of my favorite songs right now are Strobelite, Submission, Rhinestone eyes and Rockit? Goood I was so happy when they got back together? It was totally fun to experience the hype for Humanz! :'3

@Chompymawile My first song was Clint Eastwood, but Feel Good inc made me discover them again!
PFFFFT YEAH! xD That music video was werid, but i love the song.
item_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gif
Tony | She/They Pronouns
Ping me! Please and thank you~
@doomcat
Yup! It was a one time special event that they did during Toonami, back in 2001. They played the videos for Clint Eastwood, 19-2000, and I think Tomorrow Comes Today... alongside the first 4 videos that made up Daft Punk's Interstella 5555 (One More Time, Aerodynamic, Digital Love, and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger).

They're phenomenal live. I sadly wasn't able to do their limited run Humanz tour, but I can at least die happy having seen them once. It's hard for them to tour, given all the featured artists they have these past two albums. Damon actually said once after Plastic Beach's tour was over, that he didn't think they'd be able to tour the states again at all, because it just cost them SO MUCH to travel with all the additional people.
@doomcat
Yup! It was a one time special event that they did during Toonami, back in 2001. They played the videos for Clint Eastwood, 19-2000, and I think Tomorrow Comes Today... alongside the first 4 videos that made up Daft Punk's Interstella 5555 (One More Time, Aerodynamic, Digital Love, and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger).

They're phenomenal live. I sadly wasn't able to do their limited run Humanz tour, but I can at least die happy having seen them once. It's hard for them to tour, given all the featured artists they have these past two albums. Damon actually said once after Plastic Beach's tour was over, that he didn't think they'd be able to tour the states again at all, because it just cost them SO MUCH to travel with all the additional people.
JzUZHeP.png6Zs7hJu.pngiwOM9O6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngygWzlbs.png
hwR6tZT.png
WvEXipG.png
oaolHwW.png
HSWqWgZ.png
bvMRM0l.png
rix3ppo.png
YMPbu9R.png
cdqdRxL.png
EE2umbT.png
ZTPpQYU.png
bvMRM0l.png
U64G5xl.png
mlHpBMC.png
uJuXpVk.pngyK2yfiw.png2iCvw0g.pngMmr9HrK.png
hwR6tZT.png
@doomcat I love 2-D too, but with his pants hiked up to his t*ddies??? it drives me nuts bruh
@doomcat I love 2-D too, but with his pants hiked up to his t*ddies??? it drives me nuts bruh
1 2 3