Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book Discussions
1 2 3 4
The "A Song of Ice and Fire" series is great! I mean anyone who has watched Game of Thrones will know of the epicness this story brings. I haven't finished reading a "Dance with Dragons" but I hope to get the book again and finish read it. Another series I just love to death is the "Red Queen" I've read the first two books in the series and I just love the whole premise of the books where your entire life is determined just by the color of your blood. It's a great read so I'd highly recommend it to anymore who enjoys YA books with like magical elements.
The "A Song of Ice and Fire" series is great! I mean anyone who has watched Game of Thrones will know of the epicness this story brings. I haven't finished reading a "Dance with Dragons" but I hope to get the book again and finish read it. Another series I just love to death is the "Red Queen" I've read the first two books in the series and I just love the whole premise of the books where your entire life is determined just by the color of your blood. It's a great read so I'd highly recommend it to anymore who enjoys YA books with like magical elements.
Ranger's Apprentice series. Just finished 6/10. I don't want to explain it.

EDIT: oops! I meant book 6/12 oops.
Ranger's Apprentice series. Just finished 6/10. I don't want to explain it.

EDIT: oops! I meant book 6/12 oops.
shadowswirl_by_woods_of_lynn-dbpz8ar.png
  • Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Owls, mild magic, lots to read, 9/10
  • PJO, KC, MCGA: Humor, mythology, amazing chapter names, 9/10
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: Magic, pretty good writing, 7/10
  • Dragon Slippers trilogy: Story about a seamstress and her dragon friends trying to make peace between kingdoms, 8/10
  • Inheritance Cycle: Magic, dragons, good writing, BUT the story drags on for a LOT of the books, the ending of Inheritance is weak and odd, in my opinion, 5/10
I have more, but I'm too lazy to write about them right now. XD
  • Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Owls, mild magic, lots to read, 9/10
  • PJO, KC, MCGA: Humor, mythology, amazing chapter names, 9/10
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: Magic, pretty good writing, 7/10
  • Dragon Slippers trilogy: Story about a seamstress and her dragon friends trying to make peace between kingdoms, 8/10
  • Inheritance Cycle: Magic, dragons, good writing, BUT the story drags on for a LOT of the books, the ending of Inheritance is weak and odd, in my opinion, 5/10
I have more, but I'm too lazy to write about them right now. XD
I've read so many books, I can't really decide which one's my favorite. As of right now, I'm definitely enjoying the Court of Thorns and Roses series.
I've read so many books, I can't really decide which one's my favorite. As of right now, I'm definitely enjoying the Court of Thorns and Roses series.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
- Crime & Punishment
SO GOOD. It's my favourite read of all time.

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky in general. He's pretty much my jam

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (Douglas Adams in General)

- The Possession of Mr. Cave
- Crime & Punishment
SO GOOD. It's my favourite read of all time.

- Fyodor Dostoyevsky in general. He's pretty much my jam

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (Douglas Adams in General)

- The Possession of Mr. Cave
OjayHBU.png
no matter how old i get, the deltora books will always lowkey be my fave (deltora quest, deltora shadowlands and dragons of deltora) . but i also like really sad teen/adult novels as well as classic literature (i.e. nathaniel hawthorne). i wanna read more fantasy this summer tho
no matter how old i get, the deltora books will always lowkey be my fave (deltora quest, deltora shadowlands and dragons of deltora) . but i also like really sad teen/adult novels as well as classic literature (i.e. nathaniel hawthorne). i wanna read more fantasy this summer tho
arcane_rune_50x50.png cass | 23 | canada | FR +3

tumblr | comics blog | twitter | instagram
eTy22RJ.png
For Favorite Books/Series: Anne Bishop's "Black Jewels" novels - with The Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady being my favorites. The Velveteen vs. series by Seanan McGuire, the Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey, Melissa Marr's Faerie books, the Vampire Academy and the Succubus series by Richelle Mead, all of Jane Austen, both of Anne Bronte, most everything by Sheridan Le Fanu. The Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig.

I've started reading a few of Lovecraft's short stories, and I'm finding them fascinating in concept (the racism is not cool). Not sure if I'm going to keep reading those, or just wiki the mythos.

Planning on also reading some academical books this summer, to brush up my pedagogy, some YA fantasy, and some more fun pulpy paranormal stuff (Kitty Norville, Tess Corday - maybe, Anita Blake - if I can find it used). My "to read" pile is huge.
For Favorite Books/Series: Anne Bishop's "Black Jewels" novels - with The Shadow Queen and Shalador's Lady being my favorites. The Velveteen vs. series by Seanan McGuire, the Heralds of Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey, Melissa Marr's Faerie books, the Vampire Academy and the Succubus series by Richelle Mead, all of Jane Austen, both of Anne Bronte, most everything by Sheridan Le Fanu. The Pink Carnation series by Lauren Willig.

I've started reading a few of Lovecraft's short stories, and I'm finding them fascinating in concept (the racism is not cool). Not sure if I'm going to keep reading those, or just wiki the mythos.

Planning on also reading some academical books this summer, to brush up my pedagogy, some YA fantasy, and some more fun pulpy paranormal stuff (Kitty Norville, Tess Corday - maybe, Anita Blake - if I can find it used). My "to read" pile is huge.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
1 2 3 4