Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Book Discussions
1 2 3 4
Now The hunger games and fablehaven.
Now The hunger games and fablehaven.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell is great and wonderful-the characters are so vivid.
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell is great and wonderful-the characters are so vivid.
23518.png17370.png13413.png17371.png15119.png
@Aethris
I still have Eldest lying on my shelf begging to be read but I can't bring myself reading it as I feel that it just drags on. It really is a shame because I love the world Christopher Paolini has created.
I'm still planning on finishing it but other series have caught my attention so it will have to wait.
@Aethris
I still have Eldest lying on my shelf begging to be read but I can't bring myself reading it as I feel that it just drags on. It really is a shame because I love the world Christopher Paolini has created.
I'm still planning on finishing it but other series have caught my attention so it will have to wait.
[quote name="LizardKing" date=2017-06-16 13:55:42] [quote name="Aethris" date=2017-06-16 13:45:18] I also love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, it's so good. I especially love the first book. [/quote] Gods, I adore the Guide. My personal favorite is the 4th book So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, that was a master piece. Adams is just a genius. I am really picky about sci-fi, a lot of times it take itself too seriously and becomes a disaster. But its light hearted nihilism (until the last book yikes), a lot of fun and some of the most creative writing styles and devices I have ever read. That trilogy is my religion i swear [/quote] I know right! I didn't like to read at all before, but I was told to check out this series. I asked why and I was only sent a quote from the first book: "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." And then I read all the books.
LizardKing wrote on 2017-06-16:
Aethris wrote on 2017-06-16:
I also love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, it's so good. I especially love the first book.

Gods, I adore the Guide. My personal favorite is the 4th book So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, that was a master piece. Adams is just a genius. I am really picky about sci-fi, a lot of times it take itself too seriously and becomes a disaster. But its light hearted nihilism (until the last book yikes), a lot of fun and some of the most creative writing styles and devices I have ever read. That trilogy is my religion i swear

I know right! I didn't like to read at all before, but I was told to check out this series. I asked why and I was only sent a quote from the first book:
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
And then I read all the books.
My favorites are Six of Crows and Strangelets. I really loved these two books and I am hoping to read the sequel to Six of Crows whenever I am able to get the book.
My favorites are Six of Crows and Strangelets. I really loved these two books and I am hoping to read the sequel to Six of Crows whenever I am able to get the book.
thW0yem.png
[quote name="Sysmic" date=2017-06-16 16:24:51] My favorites are Six of Crows and Strangelets. I really loved these two books and I am hoping to read the sequel to Six of Crows whenever I am able to get the book. [/quote] Hmm, the names certainly do sound intriguing but I've never read them. What is the overall plot of the series?
Sysmic wrote on 2017-06-16:
Hmm, the names certainly do sound intriguing but I've never read them. What is the overall plot of the series?
[quote name="Aethris" date=2017-06-16 15:46:59] [quote name="LizardKing" date=2017-06-16 13:55:42] [quote name="Aethris" date=2017-06-16 13:45:18] I also love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, it's so good. I especially love the first book. [/quote] Gods, I adore the Guide. My personal favorite is the 4th book So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, that was a master piece. Adams is just a genius. I am really picky about sci-fi, a lot of times it take itself too seriously and becomes a disaster. But its light hearted nihilism (until the last book yikes), a lot of fun and some of the most creative writing styles and devices I have ever read. That trilogy is my religion i swear [/quote] I know right! I didn't like to read at all before, but I was told to check out this series. I asked why and I was only sent a quote from the first book: "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." And then I read all the books. [/quote] oh yeah, that quote is like iconic as for why adams is a genius. its just so unexpected and clever, like all his writing... i was introduced to it from my dad, when i was really little i saw some of the BBC episodes (never got far at all, probably only to the second) but he kept telling me about the cow thing in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, and eventually the curiosity was too much and i had to buy it.
LizardKing wrote on 2017-06-16:
I also love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, it's so good. I especially love the first book.

Gods, I adore the Guide. My personal favorite is the 4th book So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, that was a master piece. Adams is just a genius. I am really picky about sci-fi, a lot of times it take itself too seriously and becomes a disaster. But its light hearted nihilism (until the last book yikes), a lot of fun and some of the most creative writing styles and devices I have ever read. That trilogy is my religion i swear

I know right! I didn't like to read at all before, but I was told to check out this series. I asked why and I was only sent a quote from the first book:
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
And then I read all the books.

oh yeah, that quote is like iconic as for why adams is a genius. its just so unexpected and clever, like all his writing... i was introduced to it from my dad, when i was really little i saw some of the BBC episodes (never got far at all, probably only to the second) but he kept telling me about the cow thing in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe, and eventually the curiosity was too much and i had to buy it.
@Xelom

Six of Crows is about a group of six people who go on heist to kidnap a scientist after someone promised to give them a large reward if they successfully bring back the scientist.

This is probably the most I can give to make sure I don't give much away. The sequel to the book is called Crooked Kingdom, which came out September of last year.

As for Strangelets, it was about six teens, each from some other part of the world, who all were on the verge of death and end up waking up in an abandoned hospital, together, where everyone else is just gone. They all work together to find their way out while figuring out what's going on.
@Xelom

Six of Crows is about a group of six people who go on heist to kidnap a scientist after someone promised to give them a large reward if they successfully bring back the scientist.

This is probably the most I can give to make sure I don't give much away. The sequel to the book is called Crooked Kingdom, which came out September of last year.

As for Strangelets, it was about six teens, each from some other part of the world, who all were on the verge of death and end up waking up in an abandoned hospital, together, where everyone else is just gone. They all work together to find their way out while figuring out what's going on.
thW0yem.png
@Raniuszek
Fablehaven is such a great series. I never get tired of rereading it. And now that Dragonwatch is out, I am impatiently waiting for the second book.
@Raniuszek
Fablehaven is such a great series. I never get tired of rereading it. And now that Dragonwatch is out, I am impatiently waiting for the second book.
dona_by_brambleclawandjaypaw-dbgci6v.png
I have so many favorite books...

- Harry Potter
- Fablehaven
- The Grisha Series
- Six of Crows
- Wings of Fire
- Warriors
- Bravelands (I am very impatient for the next book just come out already)
- Eragon (Though I haven't read it in a while and should really re-read it.)
- The Kane Chronicles
- Ranger's Apprentice
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (It's such a great series)
- Throne of Glass
- The Bridge to Terabithia
- Guardians of Ga'hoole (Though I really need to read though again honestly)
- The Belgariad (Though I need to read those again as well... Ahh...)
- The Bronze Pen

Are just a few of them
I have so many favorite books...

- Harry Potter
- Fablehaven
- The Grisha Series
- Six of Crows
- Wings of Fire
- Warriors
- Bravelands (I am very impatient for the next book just come out already)
- Eragon (Though I haven't read it in a while and should really re-read it.)
- The Kane Chronicles
- Ranger's Apprentice
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (It's such a great series)
- Throne of Glass
- The Bridge to Terabithia
- Guardians of Ga'hoole (Though I really need to read though again honestly)
- The Belgariad (Though I need to read those again as well... Ahh...)
- The Bronze Pen

Are just a few of them
1 2 3 4